nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. peter123
    Really nice review Paul! Makes me feel as if I live in the dark corner of the Universe since I haven't heard them yet ;)
    peter123, Nov 4, 2015
  2. golov17
    Very big work, thx :innocent:
    golov17, Nov 4, 2015
  3. fleasbaby
    Fantastic review Brooko, and dead on with everything I see in the Zen.   It pairs particularly well with the Pono by the way (I read your thoughts on the Pono too). You mentioned going balanced with the Zen...Lee kindly terminated mine for Pono-balanced mode, and it definitely kicked them up another notch. This has become my go-to rig at work (I alternate between my personal woodies that I make and these).   I never thought to double up the foams. Going to give that a go today I think...
    fleasbaby, Nov 4, 2015
  4. twister6
    Fantastic review Paul!!!
    twister6, Nov 4, 2015
  5. doctorjazz
    Great review, did mine earlier, pretty much agree on most points. Never found the bass too much, I find it one of the most appealing aspects of the Zen, (along with the clear, open, detailed meds and open, non fatiguing highs). And, I never got the balanced cable, but the Pono/Zen combo is fine even single ended. I'll try to go balanced for the V2.
    doctorjazz, Nov 4, 2015
  6. rymd
    Excellent review, I love to see those graphs. I wish you had looked a bit more into the different foams though and/or measured the differences. For me, I know that different foams (doughnut/full, material, thickness, etc) can change the sound drastically and some foams just sound terrible on each earbud. For example, using full foams on the Zen for me emphasizes the mid-bass way past my preferences. It's all doughnuts for me. Foam rolling is just as much a thing as tip rolling :) I'll have to try your double-foam thing to see how it affects the sound.
    rymd, Nov 4, 2015
  7. RedJohn456
    Fantastic and thorough review Paul, glad you enjoyed it! I enjoy using the Hieigi doughnut foams myself, keeps the bass in check and provides decent isolation! Any variant of the full foams for me pushed the mid bass too high. I like rocking them either commando or with doughnut foams :)
    RedJohn456, Nov 4, 2015
  8. waynes world
    Awesome review! Great stuff. I also love the Hieigi donuts, but will try out the foam doubling for fun. Long live the Zens!
    waynes world, Nov 4, 2015
  9. DJScope
    Great review mate!
    DJScope, Nov 4, 2015
  10. Brooko
    Thanks for the kind words gents. [user=128956]@rymd[/user] - interesting thoughts on the foam. If I get the chance to get a few more different foam covers (so that I have enough to compare), I might re-run the graphs.  Thanks for the idea.
    Brooko, Nov 4, 2015
  11. goodyfresh
    Awesome review Paul!  Very well thought-out and detailed as always.  This clinches it for me once and for all. . .I absolutely, positively WILL be buying the Zen 2.0 once it comes out soon :)
    goodyfresh, Nov 4, 2015