nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. RedJohn456
    Fantastic review Paul! I had no idea this thing packed so much power, given its compact size. I noticed it takes 4 hours to charge. Would it be safe to use a quick charger to charge it faster?
    RedJohn456, Oct 18, 2015
  2. Brooko
    Thanks Tamal.  I don't have any quick charge devices, so I can't really test.  Sorry.  Most of the time, if I've been using it, I just throw it on to charge late at night, and it's always ready to go in the morning.  If I do get access to a fast charging device, I'll let you know though :)
  3. Hawaiibadboy
    I was not aware it was so small. I got the e18 cuz i needed a dac but I was considering this. Love the "opening er' up" pics :)
    Hawaiibadboy, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Brooko
    Thanks Chris. Although i'm sure a lot will look at the price, and think to themselves "toy" - I'm continually surprised by how cheap very good quality audio is being offered by some companies out there.
  5. twister6
    Great review Paul!  Very informative and great pictures (love "inside" shots!).  You finally caught up with E11k, so would be great if you can take a look into Q1 which in my opinion makes E11k obsolete, considering additional usb dac functionality and double battery life.
    twister6, Oct 18, 2015
  6. Brooko
    Thanks Alex.  I just asked Joe about the Q1 so I'll see what he comes back with.  According to the specs, I still see a place for the E11K - especially given its higher power output (Q1 = 190mW into 32ohm vs E11K = 270mW into 32 ohm).  Would love to compare all three though (if I get the chance) : E11K, E17K, Q1
  7. funkymartyn
    Great review, iv had my e11k, and topping nx1 for a while now, I find them both very good, my fiio cost £46, and the topping £26.... so im very happy.... I use various headphones, inc, .geado 325i, and geado 225i, and geado sr60, and senn hd 580.......all sound good....and at the minute for my soyrce iv been going over a liad of mini discs pkaying on my sony hi md mini disc players......
    funkymartyn, Oct 19, 2015
  8. funkymartyn
    Sorry some text came out wrong.....grado.etc ?
    funkymartyn, Oct 19, 2015
  9. Brooko
    Its OK Martyn - I got the gist of it :) And agree - it just shows that you don't have to spend big $$$ for excellent sound. I haven't had a chance to try the Topping.  Might have to see if I can get one to compare.
    Brooko, Oct 19, 2015
  10. chestnuto
    Can this be used with a computer as an external DAC?
    chestnuto, Oct 26, 2015
  11. Brooko
    No - it's an amp only.  for the dac/amp combined you'd need to look at the E17K or Q1.
    Brooko, Oct 26, 2015
  12. chestnuto
    Ahhh right I see now! Thanks Brooko, I'll check those out.  Well done with the review too, really thorough!
    chestnuto, Oct 27, 2015
  13. bobbyndd
    Good review. Using this for last 1 and half year. No issues so far other than the curved body giving some tight contact to my phone's body.
    bobbyndd, Apr 10, 2016
  14. never satisfied
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Looks like they listened to your criticisms... my A3 came with the pads instead of the feet!
    never satisfied, Jun 5, 2016
  15. never satisfied
    Looks like they listened to your critiques... my A3 came with the pads instead of the feet.
    never satisfied, Jun 5, 2016
  16. Indrajit
    I have a Fiio X1 + E11k + soundmagic e80. I am confused whether I should use the line out or headphone out on Fiio X1 with the mentioned accessories. Line out is supposed to drive speakers and more powerful stereo systems. But I have seen posts where it is stated that Fiio X1 should be amped with e11 on line out. What's the difference between line out and headphone out in the context of amping? Is line out healthy for ears? Is it dangerous? Or is music cleaner or better via line out? Line out vs headphone out earphone? Can anybody shed light on this ...
    Indrajit, Aug 31, 2016
  17. Brooko
    No - line-out is essentially fixed voltage from the DAC - so if going to another amp - that is what you should be using :) It is usually cleaner than the headphone out. FiiO lists all their specs, so you can tell for sure.   But if you like the sound of the headphone out to E11K/A3 - then by all means keep using it.  the only one who's opinion really matters - is yours.
    Brooko, Sep 1, 2016
  18. Daniel Ruben
    Can anyone recommend stacking this with a K1? I bought both that and this one off eBay on impulse when I was drunk, but now that I'm sober it makes sense because I need a DAC and something to boost bass. I'm new to headphone amplifiers though. I was planning to use the K1 for my laptop audio and the A3 for my phone but now I'm thinking of stacking both for my laptop which is where most of my music gets played.
    Daniel Ruben, Feb 4, 2017
  19. Brooko
    Should work pretty well Daniel - but really depends on your use.  If the laptops DAC is a decent one, and you don't have issues with noise etc (most modern ones are pretty good) - then just use the E11K - it may be all you need.  If you could sell both though - then my recommendation would be either the A3 DAC/amp, or in your case the E17K DAC/amp.  You'll love the tone controls on the E17K. And it will work on both phone or laptop.
    Brooko, Feb 5, 2017
  20. Dbk1911
    Hi Brooko, thanks for the comprehensive review :) Would you recommend E11K with Audeze Sine? Considering that I am using iPhone X mostly for music and that E11K is Amp only? Is Fiio A3 same as E11K or is it dac/amp? Thanks :)
  21. Brooko
    Yes A3 is same as E11K. I’d actually recommend looking at something a little later in the release cycle. Q1ii is a good choice for portable.
    Brooko, Jul 2, 2018
  22. Dbk1911
    You would rather recommend Q1ii only beacuse it has Dac, compared to E11K which is amp only? Or is Q1ii also improvement for it's SQ and amp capabilities?
  23. Brooko
    Just realised you are talking about the Sine (headphones) rather than iSine (earphones). If that is the case and you need more output power - then yes A3 better choice. I still use mine a lot. Depends on what your price range is - because you have a lot of choice. Also depends on what else you might be powering. If you value true portability and don't mind spending a little more, then something like an Arrow would be a good choice too.
    Brooko, Jul 2, 2018
  24. Dbk1911
    I'm not all about the output power,although would be nice to have spare power.I would just like to get as much as I can from my headphones,using dac/amp or amp only in price range up to 120$.What bugs me is,I don't know how good is iphoneX dac implemented in headphone lightning adapter,and should I stick with it and buy only amp,or look further for dac/amp combo.To summarize,I'm thinking between A3(if iphone's dac is good enough),Q1ii,A5 and E10K.Which one of these would you recommend?