nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. VandyMan
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thanks for the review. Too bad you did not have the LCD-3 or LCD-X to compare. Comparing Audeze's lowest priced headphone to its highest priced is interesting, but it makes me take your praise with caution. I mean, they cost more than 4 times as much, so they really better blow away the EL-8. The question is how much better are they (if at all) than headphones from Audeze or others that are closer to price point.
    VandyMan, Sep 30, 2015
  2. joeexp
    Sorry - but the Audeze EL-8  are NOT "great" Headphones...
    joeexp, Sep 30, 2015
  3. potkettleblack
    Is this a goof?
    potkettleblack, Sep 30, 2015
  4. DivergeUnify
    This review sucks
    DivergeUnify, Sep 30, 2015
  5. joeexp
    "They sound great on higher resolution recordings, especially 96k and 192k recordings. I think they are pretty future proof."  --- Are you kidding me ...  ROFL
    joeexp, Sep 30, 2015
  6. Vartan
    [i]"They sound great on higher resolution recordings, especially 96k and 192k recordings. I think they are pretty future proof."[/i]   [b]ROFLMAO[/b]
    Vartan, Sep 30, 2015
  7. Ethan Groover
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    lol what even is this review xD
    Ethan Groover, Sep 30, 2015
  8. Ethan Groover
    lol what even is this review xD I don't know how to take any part of it seriously.
    Ethan Groover, Sep 30, 2015
  9. n3rdling
    The EL-8 is horribly inaccurate.  If you were mastering with them, I'd have to question your self proclaimed '[i]terribly good ears[/i]'...
    n3rdling, Sep 30, 2015
  10. silversurfer616
    It is like comparing the some cheap Sennheiser( which you think are great) to the HD800; this doesn't help anybody who is interested in the new Audeze. Shot in the foot for Audeze's marketing department!
    silversurfer616, Sep 30, 2015
  11. takato14
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    um    I don't think anyone but jude even heard this yet guys    audeze is having the preproduction model on display at RMAF... which hasn't happened yet
    takato14, Oct 1, 2015
  12. takato14
    um    I don't think anyone but jude has even heard this yet guys    audeze is having the preproduction model on display at RMAF... which hasn't happened yet
    takato14, Oct 1, 2015
  13. hekeli
    Two praising Audeze reviews from a "person" that's never posted anything else? Yeah sounds LEGIT. :D
    hekeli, Oct 1, 2015
  14. RiddleyWalker
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    This is master-level trolling.
    RiddleyWalker, Oct 1, 2015
  15. SoundApprentice
    LOL. Wow.   Head-fi Mods please remove this ridiculously phony post.
    SoundApprentice, Oct 1, 2015
  16. ninaphexed
    LULZ
    ninaphexed, Oct 1, 2015
  17. kurochin
    Pretty sedate compared to most Audeze fanboy reviews, truth be told.
    kurochin, Oct 2, 2015
  18. Haris Javed
    Compare them to the Benchmark HE-560
    Haris Javed, Oct 2, 2015
  19. servantsaber
    honor this guy for winning this much aggro.
    servantsaber, Oct 3, 2015
  20. IYAshike
    Before l took opinions in the forum with 'two grains of salt'; now l take them with 'two kilograms', and l think l'm falling short.
    IYAshike, Oct 6, 2015
  21. lamode
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    This is what a headphone review would be like if the Kremlin reviewed headphones.
    lamode, Oct 10, 2015
  22. zilch0md
    At this writing, the reviewer has no posts on Head-Fi - only this review.  On that alone, I have to impeach his input.     If I were Audeze, I would ask him to retract this review.  They've got enough problems without this guy throwing candy at us.
    zilch0md, Oct 12, 2015
  23. fejnomit
    I can think of many "listening systems in my room" that I would MUCH rather build with the cost of LCD-4s and a "killer amp." What a joke. But maybe he's right. Maybe I should sell my Jean Nantais turntable and Fi Monos and Audionote speakers to get a pair of headphones...
    fejnomit, Oct 31, 2015
  24. HanyTheo
    to me, the LCD3f sounds better, is warmer n thicker sounding. as i like warm rich vocals with thicker bass. LCD4 is slightly leaner sounding, it is going for the true definition of 'high fidelity' sound, very true to life n accurate while still maintaining the natural warm timbre.
    HanyTheo, Nov 8, 2015
  25. catspaw
    Id say its an interesting take on a review, but it is a bit more of a... first impressions thing, rather than review :D. Not like I could afford these anyway so...
    catspaw, Dec 3, 2015
  26. asymcon
    That's quite a claim, "best studio headphones ever". How many models have you personally tested to come to this conclusion? I hope you didn't forget the time verified veterans that still work in studios - vintage AKG and Senn headphones, regardless of price.  And what is "best"?
    asymcon, Dec 4, 2015
  27. Mr.Tom
    Pretty minor review for such a major headphone. But thanks for sharing, as it's better than nothing.
    Mr.Tom, Dec 10, 2015
  28. Mr.Tom
    Pretty minor review for such a major headphone. But thanks for sharing, as it's better than nothing.
    Mr.Tom, Dec 10, 2015
  29. asymcon
    Major headphone?? In which aspect, not considering the price? They're heavy, huge, hard to drive and not comfortable for long sessions. Why would anyone want them?
    asymcon, Dec 10, 2015
  30. Thiry
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I wish there were more reviews....
    Thiry, Feb 27, 2016
  31. Thiry
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I received my LCD-4 on 10-12-2015. Are there two versions now? Different impedance? I do have problems with the strap which is too short (already wrote to Audeze about this). What are the differences between the two versions?
    Thiry, Feb 28, 2016
  32. Thiry
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I have problems with the inner leather headband, I wrote to Audeze and they answered me: "We will be coming out with a new version of the carbon fiber headband in 2-3 months which has a shorter inner headband. Check back with us then and we will be able to help you out with this. We are sorry that this headband is uncomfortable for you and for the inconvenience of having to waiting period".
    Thiry, Feb 29, 2016
  33. Thiry
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    The other option they offered me: Thanks for your inquiry and we hope you love your LCD-4s as much as we do! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the headband, that's an issue that some others are having as well. We plan to address this in future production of the headband. Meanwhile, I have good news! If you're interested in a very easy DIY fix for shortening your headband leather, I've attached some photos showing the process. Here's a step-by-step: -Remove the earcups from the headband by removing the screws at the tops of the yokes and pulling the yokes out of the adjustment blocks. -Photo 1 shows the headband as it arrives from the factory. We just need to take 2-3mm off each side of the leather. -Remove the four screws and the retaining plate on one side of the headband to get at the leather as in Photo 2. -With a sharp utility knife or razor blade, cut 2-3mm off the end of that side as in Photo 3. Just at the bottoms of the screw holes is fine. -Re-install the four screws and plate over the newly trimmed leather band. You can poke new holes in the leather with an awl or similar sharp pointed tool to make it easier to insert the screws. -Repeat this process on the other side of the headband. -Photo 4 shows the completed headband mod, which will allow the leather to suspend the carbon fiber above your head. -Re-attach the earcups by pushing the yokes back into the adjustment blocks and putting the screws back into their tops. Note that the yokes only go one way into the blocks and the flat sides must match with the earcups facing each other. -Put on your favorite record and enjoy! Hope this helps, and feel free to contact us again with any further questions. All the Best
    Thiry, Feb 29, 2016