nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. thatBeatsguy
    Again with the amazing photos. I really love how you used jeans for the shots.
    thatBeatsguy, Sep 18, 2015
  2. BloodyPenguin
    Thank you [user=367184]thatBeatsguy[/user].  I needed something special as a background for the photoshoot.  I thought jeans might help bring out some fun blue colors to go with the Navy Blue MH40.
    BloodyPenguin, Sep 18, 2015
  3. jude
    [user=193679]@BloodyPenguin[/user], I enjoyed your MH40 review, and your ridiculously cool photos!
    jude, Sep 18, 2015
  4. BloodyPenguin
    Thank you [user=1]jude[/user], I will have a few more reviews of some brand new products coming soon.  I'll do my best to make those photoshoots as fun as I can too.  =)
    BloodyPenguin, Sep 18, 2015
  5. zyotty
    That's some classy photo! Nice review too
    zyotty, Sep 18, 2015
  6. LordWormwood
    BP, Great review and very timely too - what was your source(s) for this review? The question stems from 'how do these sound out of a phone' ie no amping nor DAC'ing.   Regarding the photos - brilliant. I love your coupling of blues ie the demin. What did you take these with or more pointedly - what was the source?   Cheers and thank you Wormwood
    LordWormwood, Sep 18, 2015
  7. shigzeo
    Beautiful photos.
    shigzeo, Sep 18, 2015
  8. Ed Larson
    Well as this is my 1st comments in head-fi, I too like the review as well the photo's.
    Ed Larson, Sep 18, 2015
  9. maheeinfy
    I was interested in orange colored model. But after looking at ur pics, I am confused
    maheeinfy, Sep 18, 2015
  10. reddog
    A great review sir, it was informative as well as fun to read.
    reddog, Sep 19, 2015
  11. MWSVette
    Great review, thanks...
    MWSVette, Sep 19, 2015
  12. Grandmilly
    i kant even
    Grandmilly, Sep 19, 2015
  13. BloodyPenguin
    [user=160550]@LordWormwood[/user], Sources used for Testing:   FLAC > Windows 10 Computer > FiiO E07K > Foobar2000 FLAC/MP3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 The MH40 played well with both devices.  Of course a little more dynamic with the Computer/FiiO E07K.   Impedance is only 32 ohms, so they do not need a ton of power.  They were designed for on the go, as well as home use. Sources used for the photoshoot:   Just an older model Panasonic GH1 and Photoshop.  That is all.  I don't even have a light box or any decent light setup.  I just do the best I can with what I have. I'd like to save up for a better setup someday.
    BloodyPenguin, Sep 19, 2015
  14. LordWormwood
    [user=193679]@BloodyPenguin[/user], Nothing wrong with the GH1 - I have a PEN-3 which is around the same era. Great work and thanks for the source info.   Wormwood
    LordWormwood, Sep 19, 2015
  15. Maelob
    I tried them yesterday at the Apple Store, not bad, only issue I have military style short hair and the headband would slide if I made any sudden movements or looked down.
    Maelob, Sep 20, 2015
  16. Tom22
    [user=193679]@BloodyPenguin[/user]  did you notice the earcup poles loosening? the pair i tried in the apple store was like that (i imagine it was put through hell, so thats not surprising) but there was a lot more movement there then i would've liked.    nonetheless, beautifully crafted review, i thoroughly enjoyed it along with your magnificently angled pictures.  I would really love to grab a pair myself, in either the black or the blue.   sounds like fun and dynamic listen. At least thats what i thought when i heard em. nice punchy bass
    Tom22, Sep 20, 2015
  17. vnmslsrbms
    These are worthy of purchase almost on looks alone.  Great pictures!  BTW I'm still rocking my Nex-5 anyway (I think these were around the same time). Still works great.  Nice work without a light box too.
    vnmslsrbms, Sep 21, 2015
  18. WilliamLeonhart
    Great reviews. I think it's safe to say from your review that the MH40 offers great value for the money, but how would it compare to popular closed-back cans like the ATH M50X, Senn Momentum and VMODA M100?
    WilliamLeonhart, Sep 21, 2015
  19. BloodyPenguin
    @[user=404439]lehoang15tuoi[/user], Please send me the ATH M50X, Momentum and M100 and I will let you know!   To be honest, the collection of Closed Back Headphones I have tried is very limited.  Though, come tomorrow, I am receiving a pair of closed back that has the exact same MSRP as the MH40 and has not been reviewed yet here on Head-Fi.  Look for that review by hopefully by the weekend.
    BloodyPenguin, Sep 21, 2015
  20. kutizoltan83
    I have had these HM40s and can tell that you are actually paying for the build and look... :( If you are seriously into good sound quality skip these and any V-Moda cans. The Audio Technica M50x is the best sounding headphone in its class. and it's quite comfortable and well built as well. (The new or old Sennheiser Momentums are OK if you prefer a bit smoother or relaxed sound.)
    kutizoltan83, Sep 21, 2015
  21. Seamaster7
    can i replace these cables with my own? or am i limited to the cables that come out of the box? thank you.
    Seamaster7, Sep 24, 2015