nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. peterdc
    I bought these direct from Master And Dynamic but returned them. Very comfortable to wear. Absolutely stunning build quality, but the sound was just to confused for me and I felt there was a lack of bass extension - bass level was okay just not very deep. Upper mids seemed rather forward too making the listening experience a little uncomfortable. I sincerely hope an improved version comes along soon because this is a VERY promising headphone, I just wish it wasn't constantly shouting in my ears.
    peterdc, Sep 6, 2015
  2. AnakChan
    [user=433079]@peterdc[/user], I was fine with the depth of the bass but I felt it could have been better controlled. I'm actually wondering if they should put in a smaller driver into that sized housing cup. Or if they want to put in a 45mm driver in then a larger housing for it. I'm not an acoustics engineer so I could be talking outta my..........
    AnakChan, Sep 9, 2015
  3. peterdc
    Who knows, but something isn't quite right.
    peterdc, Sep 10, 2015
  4. vnmslsrbms
    Yeah the sound is a bit muddled.  It really looks and handles amazingly.  So beautiful.  The sound just wasn't very clear when I demo'ed it.  It's an average (or you can say good for the average consumer) sound quality headphone wrapped in a very premium body.  One of the best finished HPs out there regardless of price.
  5. peterdc
    @ vnmslsbms Yup I second you there. The mids were okay but muddled and cluttered. Bass was okay but didn't go much below 100hz which is a big shame.They just need to employ a person or two with better ears. And yes - the most awesomely made headphone in all the ones (many) that I have touched. I bought it, lived with it, returned it. It shouts too much like they really wanted vocals to be noticed at the expense of everything else (that's sort of their market - money over sense). I had quite a long email conversation with them about potential improvements. They never told me where they got the drivers from. But they are not quite tuned correctly. SO close to being the most awesome headphone ever.
  6. peterdc
    If you like grado headphones... but muddled...
  7. vnmslsrbms
    Well they are a fairly new brand, and pretty much want to be a better beats.  I'm not sure SQ wise, but I do like their looks.  I think maybe it's a big polarizing for some though.  I was surprised at the sound quality though, since they are not cheap HPs.  I was hoping for something like my HD600's. If they can bring the audio quality up, then I'd actually consider switching out IEMs to these babies.
  8. peterdc
    They have the potential to be as deep and punchy as the amazing (underrated) Blue Mofi. I wonder how much the sound was compromised by the excellent design and build. Not a huge fan of the HD600. Preferred the Fidelio X2 but I never use them so selling them.
  9. AnakChan
    IMHO, I'd be curious to see if the makers would be keen on trying smaller drivers for the same sized housing. Alternatively is to have bigger housing however that'll change the aesthetics of the headphone considerably.
    AnakChan, Oct 6, 2015
  10. vnmslsrbms
    Fully agree.  The form factor is just about perfect for portable use.  With the shape of the HP maybe they can put two drivers?  One for bass?  like one of those racetrack shaped speakers to compensate for a smaller driver for the mids and highs.  Anyway, yeah they probably should hire a better engineer to create a sound that's up to par with the great (not just mediocre) headphones that we have today.