nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. flinkenick
    You're modest about your English, great review! Can't wait to get mine :)
    flinkenick, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Kerouac
    Thanks! I'm also curious what you'll think of it later on and how it will compare to the (c)iems in your current collection...
    Kerouac, Aug 12, 2015
  3. AmberOzL
    That's a very nice review I really enjoyed it. Do you plan to upgrade yours into ciem version?
    AmberOzL, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Kerouac
    Thanks, and I'm glad you liked it.   The reason that I haven't jumped on customs yet is that I'm always a bit afraid that it needs a (or sometimes I've read about multiple) refit(s), when the audiologist hasn't done it's work properly. Or that, when the sound is disappointing, you loose a lot on the resell value. Universals are much more practical in that case imo... But...I also read often that a custom fit brings you even better sq. So, for the Solar I might make an exception in the future, as I already know that I love the sound signature/quality of it and I'm not planning on selling it...so, time will tell... I'm not in a hurry though, as the universals fits my ears pretty well and I'm enjoying the heck out of them atm :)
    Kerouac, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Ivabign
    Great review! I have the Rhapsodio 2.98 8-2wire cable as well and am a big fan - has all the positive attributes of a silver cable while tightening up the bass without losing the punch. In addition it is gorgeous and supple - you don't know it is there....
    Ivabign, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Ivabign
    Oops 2.98 8-wire (don't know where that 2 came from)
    Ivabign, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Kerouac
    Thanks Ivabign!   Maybe you thought of the 2% gold, which I believe is a pretty high gold % in a s/g cable. I also have a Toxic Silver Widow over here, that's a 4 braid s/g cable, but the RSD 2.98 8 braid is even thinner (very tightly woven) than that one...like you said, it looks, feels and sounds great, and so does the Solar ;)
    Kerouac, Aug 13, 2015
  8. taz23
    Kerouac, how would you comment on the differences between the Solar and the RTi1?  I totally agree with you that the (sub)bass is the main weakness for RTi1.
    taz23, Sep 8, 2015
  9. Jobbing
    Excellent review! I had the pleasure of auditioning your iems recently including the Solar - thanks again for that - and I can only underline your positive assessment, job well done! Just received my U6 ADEL and my guess is you're going to like that one better than the V6-S although I doubt it will be on par with the Solar with regards to detail retrieval - let's save that comparison for our next mini-meet
    Jobbing, Sep 8, 2015
  10. Kerouac
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    @ taz23 Unfortunatelly I can't A-B test the Solar with the Rti1 anymore as I sold the latter some months ago. But from memory: back then I liked the 1p2 over the Rti1 and atm I definitely prefer the Solar over the 1p2. The Solar (besides having better lows) has a much fuller/richer and more realistic sound compared to the Rti1. The Rti1 had a stunning level of details, but so does the Solar. Long story short: the Solar is imo quite an upgrade over the Rti1...   @ Jobbing Thanks for your kind words Edwin! I would love to try your U6 ADEL (happy to read that you received it and that you like it) sometimes. I'm not sure if I still will have my V6-Stage by that time to compare, as I will probably put that one up for sale one of these days. But the Solar will still be (t)here for sure :) Cheers!
    Kerouac, Sep 8, 2015
  11. Kerouac
    @ taz23 Unfortunatelly I can't A-B test the Solar with the Rti1 anymore as I sold the latter some months ago. But from memory: back then I liked the 1p2 over the Rti1 and atm I definitely prefer the Solar over the 1p2. The Solar (besides having better lows) has a much fuller/richer and more realistic sound compared to the Rti1. The Rti1 had a stunning level of details, but so does the Solar. Long story short: the Solar is imo quite an upgrade over the Rti1...   @ Jobbing Thanks for your kind words Edwin! I would love to try your U6 ADEL (happy to read that you received it and that you like it) sometimes. I'm not sure if I still will have my V6-Stage by that time to compare, as I will probably put that one up for sale one of these days. But the Solar will still be (t)here for sure!
    Kerouac, Sep 8, 2015
  12. flinkenick
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    The Rti1 and Solar are very different. The Rti1 has very beautiful upper midrange and treble. It's level of midrange clarity can compete with the absolute best I think: nuances in acoustics and vocals were incredibly detailed. But the lower midrange and bass were its weakness, and as a consequence it sounded very thin, instruments were very small. The Solar sounds a lot fuller and is far more allround. Rock, EDM, classical, doesn't matter the Solar will do it and sound beautiful. The Rti1 was a specialist.. Great for acoustics and (female) vocals, less so for genres like rock.
    flinkenick, Sep 17, 2015
  13. flinkenick
    The Rti1 and Solar are very different. The Rti1 has very beautiful upper midrange and treble. It's level of midrange clarity can compete with the absolute best I think: nuances in acoustics and vocals were incredibly detailed. But the lower midrange and bass were its weakness, and as a consequence it sounded thin, instruments were quite small. The Solar sounds a lot fuller and is far more allround. Rock, EDM, classical, doesn't matter the Solar will do it and sound beautiful. The Rti1 was a specialist.. Great for acoustics and (female) vocals, less so for genres like rock etc.
    flinkenick, Sep 17, 2015
  14. proedros
    great  review plus you listen to good music , i hate it when people have 1000+ iems and listen to ****ty 'plastic' made-up-for-the-dumb-masses music   great review , i must try it out at some point   cheers
    proedros, Sep 20, 2015
  15. Kerouac
    Thanks for the compliment(s) proedros... Trying probably ends up in buying ;)   Γεια σας
    Kerouac, Sep 23, 2015
  16. FidelityCastro
    What a great review, Kerouac. With a moniker like that, we should've known you can write very engagingly indeed... And seeing as you took the trouble to include your playlist, I've been checking out some of the ones I haven't heard of. So it's a double value review - bravo mate.
    FidelityCastro, Sep 24, 2015
  17. Kerouac
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thanks FidelityCastro,   When I just saw your monikor I thought ''Hmmm, would Castro have watched High Fidelity sometimes?'' One of my favorite ''music movies'' with John Cusack & Jack (Back in) Black... Glad you liked the review and hopefully you discovered some nice new music on the way...or should I say [i]on the road[/i] ;)
    Kerouac, Sep 24, 2015
  18. Kerouac
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thanks FidelityCastro,   When I just saw your moniker I thought ''Hmmm, would Castro have watched High Fidelity sometimes?'' One of my favorite ''music movies'' with John Cusack & Jack (Back in) Black... Glad you liked the review and hopefully you discovered some nice new music on the way...or should I say [i]on the road[/i] ;)
    Kerouac, Sep 24, 2015
  19. Kerouac
    Thanks FidelityCastro, Glad you liked the review and hopefully you discovered some nice new music on the way...or should I say [i]on the road[/i] ;)
    Kerouac, Jul 3, 2016