nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. conquerator2
    Well done!
    conquerator2, Jul 29, 2015
  2. gr8soundz
    Nice review. Very useful info and details. Thanks for writing it.
    gr8soundz, Jul 29, 2015
  3. DecentLevi
    You give stellar reviews and I think the community can really 'trust your ears', as your take on this is more or less 90% the same as how I would describe having tried it myself too!
    DecentLevi, Jul 29, 2015
  4. nanoevil
    thanks for the awesome review...gets me more excited now
    nanoevil, Jul 29, 2015
  5. adobotj
    Bravo!!! I can't wait to hear this beautiful monster!
    adobotj, Jul 29, 2015
  6. doctorjazz
    Great review, makes me more excited/impatient to get the amp already! Good to know the wait will be worth it!
    doctorjazz, Jul 29, 2015
  7. tryst
    Just a little more time to go, but it feels like forever.
    tryst, Jul 29, 2015
  8. NA Blur
    Most balanced and SE setups should sound the same if it is truly balanced.  Sure the noise may be lower, not that anyone posts the measurements, but the only gain is +6dB.  This is seen from the equation dB = 20 * log (Total V / V) which Total V / V in a balanced amp becomes 2 because one signal is + V and the other is -V.
    NA Blur, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Hansotek
    Argh! Why do you always make me want to buy stuff? I really want to try this thing now.
    Hansotek, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Stillhart
    Sorry, [user=403165]@Hansotek[/user]!  I know this isn't going to make it better, but there will be a very finite number of these and they're almost sold out.  If you are interested, you might consider making a decision sooner than later.     If it helps, the fact that these are limited means the reslae value should be solid.  It also helps that it sounds really good.  ;)
    Stillhart, Jul 29, 2015
  11. doctorjazz
    The solution, of course, is to Block Head Fi from your computer...otherwise, you're doomed!
    doctorjazz, Jul 29, 2015
  12. reddog
    a great review, very informative.
    reddog, Jul 29, 2015
  13. bclark8923
    In the one con you have "may not be enough power for everyone" does that mean it won't power Planars enough? (looking at your HE-560 that you used, I have the same).    Or was it just that you couldn't deafen yourself with most and something like the HE-6 may be just a little weak?
    bclark8923, Jul 29, 2015
  14. ButtUglyJeff
    Excellent review.  It was just like a conversation...
    ButtUglyJeff, Jul 29, 2015
  15. Stillhart
    [user=343762]@bclark8923[/user] I believe the power numbers that Dr. Cavalli quoted were 1.5w constant with 2.5w peaks.  That's plenty of power for most folks, but some may find it wanting.    For reference, I listen to the HE-560 on low gain at about 9:00-10:00 on the dial.  When my uncle came over and listened to it, he cranked it to about 2:00 on the dial and I was flabbergasted that he could listen to it that loudly... clearly his hearing has suffered some over the years.  And there's still the high gain switch.  So yeah, it should be enough for many people.
    Stillhart, Jul 29, 2015
  16. bclark8923
    [user=390380]@Stillhart[/user] awesome that should definitely be plenty for me then!
    bclark8923, Jul 29, 2015
  17. digitalzed
    Excellent review and great read!
    digitalzed, Jul 29, 2015
  18. leafs
    Informative, useful and clear review. Good stuff. Thanks.
    leafs, Jul 29, 2015
  19. saidentary
    Excellent review, fun to read, informative.
    saidentary, Jul 30, 2015
  20. Lorspeaker
    what other amps would be in the same class as this "mid fi" amp? :P
    Lorspeaker, Jul 30, 2015
  21. swich401
    [user=343762]@bclark8923[/user]  See the following link to gain a bit more understanding of what the power rating of an amp and sensitivity of a pair of headphones means: [url=http://nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/09/more-power.html]http://nwavguy.blogspot.ca/2011/09/more-power.html[/url]   Essentially the 1.5W from this amp will drive pretty well anything to ear bleeding levels other than very inefficient headphones such as the HE-6.
    swich401, Jul 30, 2015
  22. Stillhart
    [user=165423]@Lorspeaker[/user] None that I've heard, but that's not saying a whole lot.  :P
    Stillhart, Jul 30, 2015
  23. achristilaw
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    My upcoming L/C wouldn't be my frontline amp for my ortho's anyway. I think it would be heaven sent for the easier PM-3's and Vibro, the main mission, if it decides to accept? The Harvey (JH13's and freq phase 13's), an IEM runner! Actuate the tone and weed out the sibilance.
    achristilaw, Jul 31, 2015
  24. achristilaw
    The 1.5 watt capability is from using the balanced tap out I believe. it's less single-ended.
    achristilaw, Jul 31, 2015
  25. Levaix
    Interesting... Aside from being purely SE vs balanced, I'm curious as to how much this would be an improvement over my Purity Audio KICAS. Definitely want to hear it!
    Levaix, Jul 31, 2015
  26. LordToshiro
    Tried the Liquid Carbon starting with the original prototypes back at SoCal and tried it again in San Fran. Alex has done an A+ job with this. It has more than enough power.
    LordToshiro, Aug 4, 2015
  27. Army-Firedawg
    Awesome review man, really enjoyed it!
    Army-Firedawg, Aug 5, 2015
  28. jerick70
    Very enjoyable review StilHeart.  I'm going to have to get one of these now.
    jerick70, Aug 23, 2015