nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. ASpencer
    Superb review, very incisive and helpful.
    ASpencer, Jul 21, 2015
  2. Jeff Y
    Great, concise review! USB 3.0 is great but no coaxial is a letdown for me personally. Cheers.
    Jeff Y, Jul 21, 2015
  3. hqssui
    Thanks for the excellent review
    hqssui, Jul 21, 2015
  4. MikePortnoy
    Thank you mates. My pleasure.
  5. jambul
    what about compare to pono player?
    jambul, Jul 21, 2015
  6. twister6
    [user=360403]@MikePortnoy[/user] : any comment about Bluetooth performance?  Does it support apt-X?  How about sound quality and soundstage difference using 3.5mm HO vs 2.5mm balanced HO?  I would have expected some improvement using balanced wired output.
    twister6, Jul 21, 2015
  7. MikePortnoy
    [user=172579]@jambul[/user] I haven't heard Pono player sorry.    [user=378311]@twister6[/user] I don't have a bluetooth earphone currently;  I'll test it in following weeks most likely and I will update the bluetooth performance. All my balanced plugs are for 3.5mm. So, the review is based on 3.5mm phone out.
  8. rasecrs172
    its a great dap, i wanted to buy a FiiO x3II but now i am waiting to buy the lotoo paw 5000.
    rasecrs172, Jul 21, 2015
  9. AmberOzL
    Balanced 3.5mm? TRRS I think, for Hifiman 901 balanced card.
    AmberOzL, Jul 21, 2015
  10. tishi755
    Thanks to an excellent review. Very helpful.
    tishi755, Jul 21, 2015
  11. solblack
    Nice review but I got a gut feeling I would like the DX90 over this Dap. $600 is a game killer for me but I do like the balance out..
    solblack, Jul 21, 2015
  12. MikePortnoy
    [user=430308]@rasecrs172[/user] Paw 5000 performs better than Fiio X3ii, but with double price.  [user=351788]@AmberOzL[/user] Yeah, my balanced (TRRS) plugs are for Hifiman balanced out as well as MA8/9.  [user=384644]@tishi755[/user] Thank you, my pleasure. [user=363335]@solblack[/user] Thank you; well it is a matter of preference, but I prefer P5000's transparency to DX90's.
  13. toolio
    Great review. Thanks. Who wouldn't want to own something with a name like "Lotoo Paw." They had me at "Lotoo" lol.
    toolio, Jul 22, 2015
  14. MikePortnoy
    Thanks mate. I actually prefer calling it ''P5000'' :)
    MikePortnoy, Jul 23, 2015
  15. Currawong
    Did you try turning the damping up to "high" with difficult IEMs? That is what was recommended to me. If I didn't, there wasn't enough volume with some.
    Currawong, Jul 26, 2015
  16. MikePortnoy
    Yes I tried it like you said. Surely it is enough for easy to drive IEMs (Legend etc) but unfortunately not for SA-43.
    MikePortnoy, Jul 27, 2015