nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. dbdynsty25
    I see the argument for giving it 4 starts, but I think that's short selling the device.  You claim it's great and has no flaws.  But since the X3II is close in terms of sound that somehow takes away from the advantages of the X5II for certain users?  Some people need more than 5800 songs, some need two SD slots, some people like the bigger brighter screen.  The 5 star rating is there...and I think it deserves it, even tho Fiio has another damn capable DAP sitting in the next tier down.  That doesn't diminish the fact the X5II is a 5 start device.
    dbdynsty25, Jul 10, 2015
  2. x RELIC x
    Good review! Glad you covered the high/low gain differences.
    x RELIC x, Jul 10, 2015
  3. chowmein83
    [user=158580]@dbdynsty25[/user] Thanks for your feedback! To be honest, I actually did forget about those features that the X5ii has (since I personally don't really use them, except for the screen). I do see your argument, and so I'm going to revise my review just a bit to reflect your valid points. But I still stand by original overall rating, because value does play a big part in how I rate products, and because I really think that most people are going to find it hard to justify the price difference if just evaluating based on sound quality (I personally actually don't think this, but hey).
    chowmein83, Jul 11, 2015
  4. originalsnuffy
    That was a very good review. I also appreciated the high gain vs low gain explanation. Perhaps I should have given the high gain mode more listening time whe I reviewed this unit I presume that eventually the x3 will overcome the song limit and that usb dac functionality will stabilize with future firmware updates. I agree that the two key points in favor of the x5 gen 2 is the greater articulation and the higher power capability when compared with the x3 gen 2
    originalsnuffy, Jul 11, 2015