nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Jeff Y
    Nice! I imagine that the pads are supposed to be that way for additional comfort because of the shape of heads though.
    Jeff Y, Jun 9, 2015
  2. hakushondaimao
    I'm not overly concerned about puckering of the pads on the back, or the poor visibility of right and left markings. With the asymmetrical shape of the pads, there's bound to be some sections that are difficult to sew perfectly. And I don't even bother with the R/L markings; I just look at the pads and make sure the thickened side goes to the back on my head... actually quicker figuring out right and left than with some of my other headphones!
    hakushondaimao, Jun 10, 2015
  3. SunByrne
    Yeah, sorry, the photo doesn't really do it justice. It's not that the front and the back are different, it's that the stitching on the back side is uneven and bubbles a little in places. It's not bad, but it's also not all it could be. And yes, I don't actually use the R/L markings, either, I actually use the difference in the appearance of the pads from the front and the back. However, the R/L markings are some seriously badly-thought-out industrial design, and AT should be embarrassed at how bad they are. The engineers who worked on the sound, though, those folks should be really proud of themselves!
    SunByrne, Jun 10, 2015
  4. earfonia
    Very nice write up! Thanks! A good cable will improve it further ;)
    earfonia, Jun 10, 2015
  5. eimis
    Nice. I can agree with most things. This is a nice purist headphone.
    eimis, Jun 11, 2015
  6. FullBright1
    Nice review. I decided to buy these as i just bought the ATH-MSR7s and really liked their brightly analytical and surgical presentation, so, i thought i'd get some (more) open backed Headphones that are being reviewed again and again as "neutral" and "excellent". Following these and subsequent to reviewing them here, i'll probably get the Senns 630VBs and review those as well.
    FullBright1, Nov 19, 2015