nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. xevman
    Nice review, the quality control issue is concerning although it only seems that a small minority has been effected. Quite a few people have this amp and nearly all don't have an issue with the volume control. The most common issue the supposed grinding on the volume knob is easily fixed as its caused by the volume knob being pushed in whilst in transit against the chassis. If the knob is loosened and slid forward slightly with an alan key it fixes this issue. I have a hunch that the rod on yours was warped as a result of this same reason as it was punched in hard whilst in transit causing it to warp. More of an issue with packaging I think.
    xevman, May 27, 2015
  2. AustinValentine
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Completely agree with the review above. Gustard's only real competition at this price point is the Asgard 2 and (if you can find one, since they're long discontinued) the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite. Between the two (since the GL can be unobtainum), I think that the choice really comes down to what feature set you're looking for. The Gustard H10 has opamps that are rollable. The Asgard 2 has solid preamp outputs and the Schiit warranty. There are some sonic differences between the two, but I think that they're less substantial than the feature set difference   If you run orthos, only use single-ended outputs, and don't need to connect active desktop speakers, the Gustard H10 is really the best thing going at this price point.
    AustinValentine, May 27, 2015
  3. AustinValentine
    Completely agree with the review above. Gustard's real solid-state competition at this price point is the Asgard 2 and (if you can find one, since they're long discontinued) the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite. (I haven't heard the Garage1217 solid state Project Polaris. Almost certainly another good option, but I can't speak to it myself.)   Between the two - since the GL can be unobtainum - I think that the choice really comes down to what feature set you're looking for. The Gustard H10 has opamps that are rollable. The Asgard 2 has solid preamp outputs and the Schiit warranty. There are some sonic differences between the two, but I think that they're less substantial than the feature set difference.    If you run orthos, only use single-ended outputs, and don't need to connect active desktop speakers, the Gustard H10 is pretty damn great.
    AustinValentine, May 27, 2015
  4. LancerFIN
    Can't wait to see how Gustard will evolve. They certainly have the know how to build great products. Hopefully this clone stigma will fade out in the future.
    LancerFIN, May 27, 2015
  5. daltonlanny
    I agree totally with this review. Great review! I am very satisfied with my unit. Powerful, smooth, great bass, detail, and soundstage. Even drives the very expensive Hifiman HE-1000 really well! No QC issues at all with mine though. Mine is built like a tank. The only amp under $1,000.00 that have heard that competes with it was my HeadAmp GS-1 which I have since sold. The GS-1 was slightly more detailed and transparent, and a touch more extended on top, but not by much at all. If I would have never compared them head to head, I would not have noticed it really though, at all. On the other hand, compared to the GS-1, the Gustard is more powerful, drives planars alittle better, has a slightly bigger, wider soundstage, a tad more bass power, and is a touch warmer. With planars, I actually prefered the Gustard by a hair. I am planning on comparing it with my Beta 22 once it get it back up and running. Should be interested. I do HIGHLY recommend the Gustard H10 without hesitation!
    daltonlanny, May 27, 2015
  6. MattTCG
    Well, at least I know why the volume knob on mine does not turn properly. Otherwise a fantastic amp at this price or even 3x the cost.
    MattTCG, May 27, 2015
  7. volly
    Love the review, short and 'to-the-point' review.   Better than the Asgard?! You have my attention! :)
    volly, May 27, 2015
  8. MattTCG
    Way better than Asgard 2 IMO.
    MattTCG, May 27, 2015
  9. sunneebear
    I just received mine from the Massdrop deal.  For the money this must be the best sounding desktop amp.  Straight out of the box you can tell it is something special.  Can't wait for it to fully burn in.
    sunneebear, May 27, 2015
  10. takato14
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    "Little beast"? This ****** is pretty damn big.   Other than that, completely agree with you. A bit bright on higher gain settings but it is very clean and deep, and can push a LOT of current without distorting. I currently have my Pioneer SE-500 drinking juice from it on -6dB input gain. Really good bass extension and control.
    takato14, May 28, 2015
  11. takato14
    "Little beast"? This thing is pretty damn big.   Other than that, completely agree with you. A bit bright on higher gain settings but it is very clean and deep, and can push a LOT of current without distorting. I currently have my Pioneer SE-500 drinking juice from it on -6dB input gain. Really good bass extension and control.
    takato14, May 28, 2015
  12. swannie007
    Nice review and a great amp. Thanks for exposing me to LSD. Never heard of them before. They are great and their musical compositions are well presented on the H10.
    swannie007, May 28, 2015
  13. goropeza
    Thanks for the review Joedoe! I remember you talking to me about the Gustard in Nashville. Im glad you are happy with it.
    goropeza, May 28, 2015
  14. Liu Junyuan
    Hello Joedoe. Nice review!
    Liu Junyuan, May 28, 2015
  15. musedesign
    Dear Joe,    Thank you for the great review !  Waiting for the next MassDrop to buy mine.   All the best
    musedesign, May 29, 2015
  16. natemact
    Best <$500 amp for HE-560's bar none
    natemact, Jun 5, 2015
  17. mylica
    Good review.  Love the sounds.  Put ADA797, loving it more.  Mine came perfectly without any issue.  Waiting for their x20.
    mylica, Jun 12, 2015
  18. pedalcolorado
    Any idea on how this compares to a Schiit Valhala?  or the PS Audio Sprout?  The PS and Gustard are both on massdrop until the end of today and are pretty deeply discounted.  Seems like a way better deal that for the Schiit at full price.  But, I've like tubes in the past and am only just beginning to put together a headphone system so I wanted to see if anyone has some insight.
    pedalcolorado, Jun 15, 2015
  19. Anjolie
    Great review!  Of course now I'm even more conflicted.  Not sure if I should go with the Gustard H10 or the yet to be released Cavalli Liquid Carbon to run my HE-400i.  Hmmm.....
    Anjolie, Jul 12, 2015
  20. Allanmarcus
    Nice review. Can anyone compare the H10 to the Corda Jazz?
    Allanmarcus, Nov 8, 2015
  21. johangrb
    Great review! At the +- $250 used price it is a real bargain. Add some Burson V4/V5s opamps - now it's in a different league. Fantastic value imho.
    johangrb, Feb 8, 2016
  22. Rearwing
    And I had just talked myself out of buying one. Great review, I am now pressing "Buy It Now"!
    Rearwing, Mar 5, 2016