nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. xkonfuzed
    Nice review! How would you say it compares to the Magni 2 Uber?
    xkonfuzed, May 27, 2015
  2. avitron142
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=361006]@xkonfuzed[/user] I haven't had the Magni 2U for a little while, although I would say that overall I like the B1's sound much better. The Magni2U ended up being an analytical amp, but wasn't all that enjoyable for me compared to the B1. Keep in mind though what pairings you are using, as synergy goes a long way. The B1 I can testify has great synergy with anything I've tried it across the board.
    avitron142, May 27, 2015
  3. miceblue
    Quote:So besides for the fact that the B1 is more powerful and portable, the B1 sounds yet better to my earsEr, the B1 is definitely not more powerful than the Magni 2, which can output 1800 mW at 16 ohms. The B1 can only output around 216 mW at best. Also the B1 is limited to 40 mA max. The HA-2 can actually deliver over 130 mA of current into 16 ohms.
    miceblue, May 28, 2015
  4. avitron142
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=173192]@miceblue[/user] I said that? Whoops, that was a typo; "more" should have been there. I'd like to know how much mW each can output at 300 ohms, though; I'm sure the numbers don't decrease rapidly for the B1 when it scales up to more powerful headphones. Could it be they're more similar output-wise at a higher ohm impedance?
    avitron142, May 28, 2015
  5. avitron142
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=173192]@miceblue[/user] I said that? Whoops, that was a typo; "more" shouldn't have been there. I'd like to know how much mW each can output at 300 ohms, though; I'm sure the numbers don't decrease rapidly for the B1 when it scales up to more powerful headphones. Could it be they're more similar output-wise at a higher ohm impedance?
    avitron142, May 28, 2015
  6. mikoss
    Awesome review, thank you very much.
    mikoss, May 28, 2015
  7. miceblue
    Oh wow, my quote formatting got butchered there, hahaha. [user=380530]@avitron142[/user] Are you talking about the Magni 2 and B1? The Magni 2 still outputs more power than the B1 at 260 mW compared to 100.
    miceblue, May 29, 2015
  8. avitron142
    [user=173192]@miceblue[/user] Hmm... strange, I feel no lack of power for my K7XX's, and [user=152302]@Loquah[/user] I think said that they power his LCD-2's as well. Perhaps 100mW and 300 ohms is all you need? Dunno, will have to look into it some more.
    avitron142, May 29, 2015
  9. toxicdrift
    works amazing with my k7xx . my review is pending, but absolutely loving the combo together. found it better then the fulla imho.
    toxicdrift, May 29, 2015
  10. avitron142
    [user=85565]@toxicdrift[/user] I'm really happy with the combo as well; definitely a keeper! :D
    avitron142, May 29, 2015
  11. miceblue
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Yeah the LCD-2 doesn't need all that much power; 32.329 mA and 1.970 Vrms are needed (61.67 mW) for it to reach 111 dB SPL from Innerfidelity's measurements.
    miceblue, May 30, 2015
  12. miceblue
    Yeah the LCD-2 doesn't need all that much power; 32.329 mA and 1.970 Vrms are needed (61.67 mW at 59 ohms) for it to reach 111 dB SPL from Innerfidelity's measurements.
    miceblue, May 30, 2015
  13. avitron142
    [user=173192]@miceblue[/user] Haha, I wasn't aware of that :D . Detailed measurements are not my thing, so I'm going to have to go with you on that. It'll be interesting to see how the B1 stacks up with 300/600 ohm headphones though, I'm sure some people in the upcoming tour has some HD600's or DT990's.
    avitron142, May 30, 2015
  14. miceblue
    Oh it should be juuuuust fine with those headphones. I just got my AKG K240 Monitor measured by Innerfidelity (a whopping 688 ohm impedance and requires 0.447 Vrms to reach 90 dB SPL), and the B1 can get it to 111 dB SPL. I'm using it with the B1 right now and it does a better job than with the OPPO HA-2 since the HA-2 is much more limited in voltage output. That's thumbs up for the B1 when using high-impedance headphones!
    miceblue, May 31, 2015
  15. Hi-Fi'er
    I agree with this review. The B1 is a hard act to follow. It rivals my Cypherlabs that costs way way more. I would say it's 90% there what a portable amp should be.
    Hi-Fi'er, May 6, 2016