nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. acain
    Great review I have mixed feelings about the headband not sure if I like it or not.
    acain, May 3, 2015
  2. twister6
    [user=405153]@acain[/user] : Adam, it's one of those things where you look at it and scratch your head thinking if it's going to work.  Then, you put it on and... damn! can't believe how well it actually works.  But, sometime I tilt my headband forward or wear headphones dj-style on one ear - this one has to be straight on your head for those "wings" to be right above your ears, otherwise it won't be as effective.
    twister6, May 3, 2015
  3. waynes world
    Nice review Twister!
    waynes world, May 3, 2015
  4. earfonia
    Excellent concise review! Yes I agree with you, this reference headphone need a proper semi-hard case. AT should have included a good semi-hard case with it. Also agree that R70x is excellence for both Professionals and Audiophiles. Thanks for the excellent review and comparisons with other headphones!
    earfonia, May 4, 2015
  5. Jeff Y
    I absolutely dig that 3-D suspension system as well! 470ohms for an Audio-Technica. Wow. So no typical Audio-Technica house sound [user=378311]@twister6[/user] ? This is surprising. I was not successful at finding any of their top tier headphones that did not have that Audio-Technica coloration at the highs. Sometimes felt like highs sounded a bit artificial with certain recordings because of that. From your review I'm guessing it doesn't have that sound so I really gotta try these now! :).
    Jeff Y, May 4, 2015
  6. hakushondaimao
    Really tempted after reading this review. Seems like a real quality product, and none of the "Cons" is related to SOUND. That's the big thing...
    hakushondaimao, May 5, 2015
  7. grizzlybeast
    any comparisons to other popular open backs ie. he400i, hd650, philips x2,x1 etc?
    grizzlybeast, May 5, 2015
  8. twister6
    [user=352758]@grizzlybeast[/user] : I don't have other open back headphones, but earfonia in his review (refer to a link at the beginning of my write up) mentions comparison to a lot of other headphones, including how R70x sounds a lot more natural in comparison to warmer HD650.  He definitely preferred R70x over HD650
    twister6, May 5, 2015
  9. Fredrik23
    Really nice review! These seem really interesting.
    Fredrik23, May 6, 2015
  10. CJG888
    I suspect that these really want to be compared with the HD600s.
    CJG888, May 6, 2015
  11. Wokei
    Another killer review....respect....thoroughly enjoy the write Woot woot
    Wokei, May 6, 2015
  12. Csericks
    Nice review! I think that I need to try a set of these with my WA-2.
    Csericks, May 6, 2015
  13. alynx
    thx for the write-up. The r70x seems to be a must-listen-to headpone.
    alynx, May 6, 2015
  14. wgb113
    I wonder how they compare to their AD line?
    wgb113, May 6, 2015
  15. solblack
    I was just looking Audeze lcd 2 and then I read this review. My Pockets are hurting but my ears are full of Joy.
    solblack, May 8, 2015
  16. lsamod
    Is it going to replace the hd600????????
    lsamod, May 8, 2015
  17. hakushondaimao
    Thanks in great part to your review, have ordered these (arrival in two weeks). You suggest amping, even though the X3ii is capable of driving the R70x to comfortable listening levels. Any suggestions for amps in the $300-400 range? Thinking desktop. Already have O2, Piccolo and E12A (and wonder how those will do).
    hakushondaimao, May 10, 2015
  18. twister6
    [user=411422]@hakushondaimao[/user] : X3ii drives R70x at 100 ticks of volume, so you are getting closer to the top (obviously a battery drain as well), but it can drive it with authority.  I don't have any desktop amps, only portable ones (E11k, E12A, C5).  Out of LO of X3ii, E11k is darker/smoother, with just an average soundstage.  E12A is more transparent with a wider soundstage, C5 adds more balanced energy (just a touch of balanced excitement to the sound, hardly any coloration) and it widens the soundstage significantly.  That's why I prefer C5 because of the impact on soundstage width/depth to take full advantage of R70x open back design.  C5 also has C5DAC version, adding USB DAC functionality.  Just in my opinion, it's a more versatile option to get you covered in both desktop/laptop and portable DAP/smartphone setups.
    twister6, May 10, 2015
  19. hakushondaimao
    Thanks for the feedback. Will maybe hold off a desktop amp until I've tried the R70x with my portables. Am guessing the O2 (rated up to 600 ohms) will do pretty well. Cheers!
    hakushondaimao, May 10, 2015
  20. SunByrne
    Thanks for the review. Based on yours and earphonia's, I'm taking the plunge. Should be here soon.
    SunByrne, May 19, 2015
  21. vlenbo
    @twister6 I couldn't stop reading your r70x review after constantly hearing the msr7s. Now that I own it, I want to help you and the other reviewers out by putting my comparisons as well.   I agree about the headband design, the a900x (which also has the same design) is worse with the clamping force on the 3d wings, as it almost has no clamping force, thus making the headphone slide on my head (not to mention its that much bigger than the a900xs).     Great review, and glad you enjoyed the ath-r70x
    vlenbo, Jul 3, 2015
  22. ngominhhoang132
    nice review. how do this pair of headphones compare to the AD2000x?
    ngominhhoang132, Feb 7, 2017