nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. twister6
    Amazing review!!!
    twister6, May 3, 2015
  2. DJScope
    Great job mate! Well done!
    DJScope, May 3, 2015
  3. Jeff Y
    Now I want to listen to these. Thanks for the review!
    Jeff Y, May 3, 2015
  4. sodesuka
    Damn, I think you just sold me on this. Great review!
    sodesuka, May 3, 2015
  5. drbluenewmexico
    Great review, these phones sound very appealing.  i wonder how they compare to my favorite ATH W1000??
    drbluenewmexico, May 3, 2015
  6. earfonia
    Thanks guys! [user=141868]@drbluenewmexico[/user] I had W1000x, the Grandioso a few years back, and recently reviewed W1000z the Maestoso, a few months ago. I never had the chance to try the original W1000. Comparing to W1000z, which IMHO an improvement of W1000x, R70x tonality is more neutral, flatter, almost without any coloration. While W1000z has some coloration, carries the AT house sound that emphasize on clarity and upper mid. Depending on personal preference, but I do prefer R70x over W1000z.
    earfonia, May 3, 2015
  7. hakushondaimao
    Great job with this review. Very tempted... Any suggestions for an inexpensive amp that will drive them well?
    hakushondaimao, May 5, 2015
  8. earfonia
    [user=411422]@hakushondaimao[/user] I haven't tested many amps with it. But I do suggest micro iCAN v2 for it. Get a second hand would probably be more valuable.
    earfonia, May 5, 2015
  9. aluweer
    Great review! How they are compared to HD650 and HD800 on the most biggest and powerful orchestral music like Wagner and Mahler? (imho HD800 have faded timbres and vocal and HD650 are bad in terms instruments separations and definition) Maybe with this AT I'll get both emotionally timbres with good separation?
    aluweer, Jun 2, 2015
  10. earfonia
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    earfonia, Jun 2, 2015
  11. earfonia
    [user=170692]@aluweer[/user] IMHO, I would like R70x to be improved on speed and transient to handle big orchestra better. So I still prefer HD800 for big and complex orchestra. Not HD650, for me it is too dark for classical, and not as detailed as HD800 and R70x. So for your question above on big orchestra, my preference will be as the following: HD800 > R70x > HD650
    earfonia, Jun 2, 2015
  12. vlenbo
    @earfonia your review was the first to make me continue feeling hyped about the ath-r70x! I hope to provide the most detailed comparison between the R70x, the open mesh in-ear signature acoustics o-16, and the audio technica products that I own!     Nice review, and thank you for posting it on time, I enjoyed it.
    vlenbo, Jul 3, 2015
  13. earfonia
    [user=274267]@vlenbo[/user] Thanks mate! Looking forward for your comparison!
    earfonia, Jul 3, 2015