nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. lin0003
    Considering most of the Head-Fi community recognises the sonic appeal of the HD800 and many consider it to be one of the best headphones you can buy, I guess we must all be "uninformed fools" then.    Do you even own the HD800?
  2. MrTechAgent
    Well, here's the first one. I love it. No [user=353936]lin0003[/user], I don't own the HD800, I own better headphones. There is no place for insignificant headphones in my collection.
  3. lin0003
    Lol, k.    Just wondering, have you heard the HD800 with your own gear and music?
  4. MrTechAgent
    Oh yes, Boss! Very recently heard it again on many top flight systems like the V281, A2, BCL, AK240, Musical Surroundings Headphone Amp etc with 009s and 007s on the side to see if my system was not "optimal" but still a waste of time. I prefer the HE-60 E-Stat for more money, the HD800 has always been a waste of time for me.
  5. lin0003
    Guess we just agree to disagree then :)   Yeah, the general consensus is that the HE-60 is better when paired with a good amp, can't pretend I've had the pleasure to listen to it though.
  6. Valhallatier
    i agree with all what you said. though i feel like the HD800 is a tool, a microscope for recordings, rather than enjoying music. which in my opinion, the same use as the M50...
    Valhallatier, Apr 15, 2015
  7. Bark Snarly
    Don't suppose you've heard either the senny hd 540 II's or the hd 250 II's that you could give a comparison to?
    Bark Snarly, Apr 15, 2015
  8. MrTechAgent
    [user=409189]@Bark Snarly[/user] Correct, I don't have those.  But I am on the lookout for newish condition HD540s and HD560s.
  9. fumobs
    If I may offer a simple suggestion: it would be a good idea to not take shots at a crowd for their preferences, or straight-out trash-talk the products.  Some of your choice words are uncalled for, are a useless statement, and do nothing to benefit you or your review in light of the readers.  Your review can easily go from convincing others that a product is worthy/worthless to having no weight at all.  Just my two cents.
    fumobs, Apr 15, 2015
  10. Redcarmoose
    Lol, the style looks like some secret Nazi technology held over from WW2!
    Redcarmoose, Apr 15, 2015
  11. Redcarmoose
    Your not going to get anywhere here by insulting a community and their take on the HD800. You come off as an elitist snob. Better to be humble and choose you words and stance better.
    Redcarmoose, Apr 15, 2015
  12. MrTechAgent
    [user=105173]@Redcarmoose[/user] I understand your concern but I'm not trying to get anywhere anyway. I'm just saying what most people will never say, you know why?  Because they have no balls! If you are doing something that everybody is doing, you are doing it wrong by joining a blind herd. Statistically speaking the HD800 and it's followers is a Classic! tale of a catching fish just the M50 was. In the intro I made something very clear, you can read it again...that alone should render most comments against what I said useless but obviously, people are always onto me.
  13. Brooko
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I've heard the HD800, HD650 (both extensively) and own the HD600.  I think we've all seen the way they measure.  I'm sorry - but I agree with the other posters.  You didn't need to post that opening paragraph - and then you wouldn't have come across as a hipster try-hard wannabe.  As it is you've done me a service.  At least now I can totally ignore all your future reviews.  You clearly have no idea of what you're talking about.  Passing off the HD800 as "low fidelity crap" just shows a juvenile and uninformed opinion. It's fine if you don't like them - there are a lot of headphones that aren't to many people's tastes.  You didn't need to post the rant - it's highly inaccurate, and IMO trolling.  I've flagged the "review".  Hope others do the same.
    Brooko, Apr 16, 2015
  14. MrTechAgent
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    @Brooko  Good job flagging someone else's opinion.  Fascists.
    MrTechAgent, Apr 16, 2015
  15. Brooko
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thanks - I just flagged that one too.
    Brooko, Apr 16, 2015
  16. Redcarmoose
    The reason the HD800 is popular is some folks just like the sound. I myself didn't like it but that is not to say I could have tried to find synergy with slightly different equipment. It is hard to match with amps at times. Still on the correct system the instrument placement, the headstage and the detail are amazing. It is one of the most resolving headphones ever made. The signature just was not my style. Calling a large group of folks a "blind heard" will not get you a respectful following of readers who may benefit from your effort. You need to admit to yourself that your take on the HD800 is just your humble opinion and that you have not really tried to listen to the cans with a wide range of amps. Calling folks names may make you feel superior but in the end it simply does not work with headphone reviews. It's cool though if you were being filmed live for WWF, here it needs to be toned down a little. Just a little.:sun_with_face:
    Redcarmoose, Apr 16, 2015
  17. MrTechAgent
    Yes.  After a number of complaints I have edited all the unflattering things I wrote.  I hope that makes it slightly neutral.  I'll try to take it easy on my personal idiosyncrasies next time.
    MrTechAgent, Apr 16, 2015
  18. appsmarsterx
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    great review... I'm little puzzled why you gave hd650 gave 5 stars despite you already found 530 has same fidelity, better imaging, separation ? is that because of the shrill nature of the 530 ?  do you prefer 812pro more than the Sennheiser offerings ?
  19. appsmarsterx
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    great review... I'm little puzzled why you gave 530 gave 3,1/2 stars despite you already found 530 has same fidelity, better imaging, separation than hd650? is that because of the shrill nature of the 530 ?  do you prefer 812pro more than the Sennheiser offerings ?
  20. appsmarsterx
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    great review... I'm little puzzled why you gave 530, 3,1/2 stars despite you already found 530 has same fidelity, better imaging, separation than hd650? is that because of the shrill nature of the 530 ?  do you prefer 812pro more than the Sennheiser offerings ?
  21. appsmarsterx
    great review... still I'm little puzzled why you gave 530, 3,1/2 stars despite you already found 530 has same fidelity, better imaging, separation than hd650? is that because of the shrill nature of the 530 ?  and do you prefer 812pro more than the Sennheiser offerings ?
  22. MrTechAgent
    [user=359110]@appsmarsterx[/user]  Yes, I'm not a huge fan of the thin nature. Also the bass roll-off is not great, I like my extended bass.  The k812 for me is one of the best, I prefer it over my T1 and the 009 for certain kinds of music. It's a fine headphone, all the hate is utter non-sense. Ignore it.
    MrTechAgent, Apr 19, 2015
  23. Storydog
    In fact the HD 530 was coming in the Year 1988, not in the early 90s. In 1991 the HD 530 II appears.
    Storydog, May 18, 2015
  24. MrTechAgent
    [user=407679]@Storydog[/user] Interesting, why would the II appear before the original HD530?
  25. MrTechAgent
    Sorry, misread.
  26. MrTechAgent
    Sorry, misread. Thanks for the information!
  27. kuko61
    Thank you for your review, I'm big vintage Sennheiser fan :) If you want extended bass, try HD530 II - they have a similar sound, but bass goes deeper.
    kuko61, Nov 5, 2015
  28. CommanderKeen1
    Like the Mercedes of the same era it is actually German and is better than most of the new stuff.
    CommanderKeen1, Jan 22, 2016