nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. altrunox
    Great review as always. Cheers!
    altrunox, Apr 10, 2015
  2. maricius
    Great review. My impressions are mostly similar except when I tried my L2 with extremely high-end gear in a local meet, they surprisingly scaled quite a lot.
    maricius, Apr 10, 2015
  3. d marc0
    I'm glad you enjoyed the brief audition my friend! Not to worry, there's more to come! How about the Fidelio X2?!
    d marc0, Apr 10, 2015
  4. Brooko
    Definitely interested Mark - thanks!
    Brooko, Apr 11, 2015
  5. Head1
    Excellent review and pictures. I tried the HD600 a few times, the T90 & HD700 and thought about iems but was really curious about this one. So I took plunge on the L2s (no place to audition them) and haven’t looked back. Was also curious about the X2 but it is heavier, seems to have a darker tuning and can only be used at home.
    Head1, Apr 11, 2015
  6. Brooko
    Thanks Head1 - hopefully I'll be able to comment on the X2 in another few weeks or so.
    Brooko, Apr 11, 2015
  7. d marc0
    The X2 will be available in Australian dealers in the next couple of weeks. I have pre-ordered so the wait won't be too long now...
    d marc0, Apr 11, 2015
  8. nmatheis
    Great review as always Brooko. Look forward to your thoughts on the Philips X-series HP. A PSA - I recently got the older version of these (Philips Fidelio L1) from Amazon Warehouse for less than $100 USD, which is a spectacular deal for these HP. If you're interested in saving a little money, I can heartily recommend the L1
    nmatheis, Apr 13, 2015
  9. Brooko
    Thanks!  I'll definitely look out for the X1.  Philips seems to have definitely "knocked it out of the park" with the Fidelio series.
    Brooko, Apr 13, 2015
  10. Baycode
    Wish we live on the same land, I will be happy to send you my X2 for you to audition... Great review BTW!
    Baycode, Apr 13, 2015
  11. Brooko
    Thanks BC - means a lot coming form you.  And yes - would be great if location was a lot closer.  I'd love to share the Trinity series, and some other gear I've got, with your guys now so you could all get a chance to sample them before June release. At least with the quality of reviews from the regulars, we get a good idea of what to expect though :)
    Brooko, Apr 13, 2015
  12. Funzi
    Outstanding review.  Those are impressive cans for that price point.
    Funzi, Apr 13, 2015
  13. volly
    Excellent read, Philips is on a roll!
    volly, Apr 14, 2015
  14. Happy Hamlet
    Very nice review. I think the L2 is an excellent headphone and in my opinion punches way above it's price class. I think it beats the entire AKG lineup (I have not heard the AKG812). Phillips is indeed on a roll, although the M1MKII is not quite as impressive.
    Happy Hamlet, Apr 14, 2015
  15. BigDave
    Just a shame that Philips do not sell these in Australia
    BigDave, Apr 14, 2015
  16. willyvlyminck
    Great review! having them myself and some of your other equipment, I can only agree, these headphones are topnotch, due to the China production price remain earthly acceptable. My favorite over ears!
    willyvlyminck, Apr 18, 2015
  17. leobigfield
    Wow. Do you still rank them that high or something else took l2 place?
    leobigfield, Jul 14, 2015
  18. Brooko
    Thanks again for the comments. Leo - I still absolutely rate them and will pick up a pair if I can find them at the right price. In the interim I have purchased a pair of closed AKG K553, and while not as portable, they are filling a missing niche in my collection. More on them soon.
    Brooko, Jul 17, 2015
  19. Rchandra
    quick question do you remember if the screws where it says fidelio, do you remember them being a different shade then the stiching at the top of the headband, the headband has orange stiching mine has orange stiching however the screw seems to be a bit of a reddish color not matching the orange on the headband.
    Rchandra, Jul 28, 2015
  20. Brooko
    Sorry mate - I no longer have them - so the only thing you can do is judge by the photos I took.  They were all taken in natural light (outdoors) - so colours should be reasonably accurate.
    Brooko, Jul 28, 2015