nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. 4nradio
    Nice review of the Dragonfly! How does it compare to the Cozoy Astrapi, which you recently reviewed also? Thanks!
    4nradio, Apr 1, 2015
  2. twister6
    [user=131654]@4nradio[/user] : I have one more usb dac to review, coming up soon, and planning to wrap it up with a comparison between DragonFly, FULLA, E10k, Astrapi, and dSp.
    twister6, Apr 1, 2015
  3. Rearwing
    Excellent review, thank you for taking the time. I particularly agree with your last couple of sentences in the summary, this is a great piece of kit for those of us who travel for work (or fun) and who want the best sound, in the smallest package. I find that the Dragonfly works perfectly with my Macbook Pro and makes hotel life almost bearable.
    Rearwing, Apr 2, 2015
  4. Baycode
    Good read for me. Congrats twister6! Looking forward to your camparative review!
    Baycode, Apr 2, 2015
  5. seaice
    Thanks for the review! Do you plan to test the similar priced Sound Blaster E5 as well?
    seaice, Apr 3, 2015
  6. SoAmusing777
    Out of all the ones you have tried, which do you feel is the best in terms of reference, neutral, linear sound?
    SoAmusing777, Apr 3, 2015
  7. chartwell85
    [user=378311]@twister6[/user] If you'd like to throw a Geek Out in the mix for comparison, let me know.
    chartwell85, Apr 3, 2015
  8. Dragonsan
    Great review for a great dac/amp. :)
    Dragonsan, Apr 3, 2015
  9. 3 toes of fury
    @twuster6:  totally looking forward of your comparison between dragonfly, fulla and the e10k....ive been looking for a side by side on these.   thanks in advance!
    3 toes of fury, Apr 3, 2015
  10. nothingrandom
    I tried a dragonfly, and have since returned it. I just couldn't get along with it. I found it far too muddy and it seemed to completely cut the high end of the audio.
    nothingrandom, Apr 4, 2015
  11. sesu
    because of this review i just ordered one for my macbook air
    sesu, Apr 4, 2015
  12. twister6
    [user=421701]@nothingrandom[/user] : it's not muddy, but rather smooth/warmer.  A lot has to do with headphones you are using as well.  They seem to be not the best match to pair up with your source and headphones.  Try FULLA, probably a better choice for your particular listening taste.
    twister6, Apr 4, 2015
  13. aras
    Great review! How does it affect battery life of the laptop? Is it reduced compared to using the internal amplifier?
    aras, Apr 4, 2015
  14. twister6
    @aras : I typically keep my laptop plugged in, since on the go I use my Note 4, but relative to laptop it shouldn't drain too much battery.  With a smartphone, it might take a little toll, but I wouldn't expect anything drastic either.
    twister6, Apr 4, 2015
  15. terencetcf
    I wonder does anyone know how much different it would be when compare to MacBook Pro default audio port (audio jack)? I wonder you can really notice the different (as the built-in DAC should be quite good already? no?) ?
    terencetcf, Apr 8, 2015
  16. SoAmusing777
    If you can pick up a geek out 450 for $150 or less, might as well get that over this. The Dragonfly is $100 and up if you look around ebay, for sale here, and what not.
    SoAmusing777, Apr 8, 2015
  17. Butter123
    Would you say this is the best flash drive sized dac amp for the money? Im interesting in upgrading my Asus U3 for my Surface pro.
    Butter123, Apr 8, 2015
  18. twister6
    [user=123604]@Butter123[/user] : "the best" is a relative term.  With some mid-fi headphones and regular mp3 files you won't even hear a difference between what someone else considers the best and the worst while listening with their $1k pair of CIEMs.  All these USB DACs are unique in their own way.  I really like AudioQuest as a company and how much technology and innovation (especially in cables) they bring to the table.  But there are other cheaper and relative good solutions available if you are looking for the best value.  Here is my dSp review with comparative analysis: [url=http://www.head-fi.org/products/hrt-dsp-headphone-digital-sound-processor/reviews/12849]http://www.head-fi.org/products/hrt-dsp-headphone-digital-sound-processor/reviews/12849[/url]
    twister6, Apr 8, 2015