nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. lin0003
    I'm sold lol. Nice review man!
    lin0003, Mar 8, 2015
  2. rymd
    ok ok calm down.   12 bucks down the drain for me anyway
    rymd, Mar 8, 2015
  3. rymd
    ok ok calm down.   12 bucks down the drain for me as well
    rymd, Mar 8, 2015
  4. AndroidVageta
    LOL! Wish I could say it was just hype...I really am massively impressed.
    AndroidVageta, Mar 8, 2015
  5. bhazard
    He's right though. I forgot how good these are. I just hate earbuds and their fit in general.   I don't think they are better than the Dunu Titan... but if you can handle earbuds, I haven't heard anything better for nearly 10x the price.
    bhazard, Mar 8, 2015
  6. DisCHORDDubstep
    Hmm... Might have to bite when I get cash.
    DisCHORDDubstep, Mar 13, 2015
  7. fnkcow
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I'm with you dude. Still couldn't believe I've gotten great sound for chips.
  8. fnkcow
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I'm with you dude. Still couldn't believe this offers great sound for chips.
  9. fnkcow
    I'm with you dude. Still couldn't believe this offers great sound for chips. I put them on yurbuds enhancers for better fit and retaining the bass
  10. CheesyHoDogPuff
    Ok, there are a few times where the head-fi hype train has gone too far. This is clearly one of them. Do they sound great for the money? Absolutly. Do they exceed or come close to the performance of a pair of JH16s? No way.
    CheesyHoDogPuff, Apr 8, 2015
  11. AndroidVageta
    You don't know what JH16's sound like then. I do, I've owned them.
    AndroidVageta, Apr 8, 2015
  12. macro
    [user=365384]@fnkcow[/user] Are all of the yurbuds enhancers compatible with the E100 or would I have to get specific ones?
    macro, May 22, 2015
  13. gandroider
    I have listened to Mrice E100, and I super-loved-it... for the price, it really amaze me.  Have you guys compare Mrice E100 and Baldoor E100? I found that both have different packaging, and different price on taobao also (Mrice is more expensive).
    gandroider, Jun 3, 2015
  14. AndroidVageta
    [user=294441]@gandroider[/user]   From all known accounts the Mrice and Baldoor are the same thing, just different naming.
    AndroidVageta, Jun 3, 2015
  15. arcanemethods
    Without pushing these far enough into my ears that there was no possible way they would stay without my fingers holding them in  I get virtually no bass from mine and I am by no means a bass head, my balance taste runs toward the Etymotics ER-6P
    arcanemethods, Jun 5, 2015
  16. AndroidVageta
    @[user=93719]arcanemethods[/user]   Yeah, fit is their major downfall. They either fit or they don't. They either sound amazing or they don't. :-/
    AndroidVageta, Jun 5, 2015
  17. dsticker
    How did I find this review?  From Wired.  And they found it from Reddit.  AndroidVageta, you're a star.   I sure can't ignore these for the price.  What have I got to lose (assuming I can still find them)?  Earbuds aren't my thing, especially if you have to do less-than-comfortable things to get the best sound, but I must admit I'm curious.
    dsticker, Jun 5, 2015
  18. AndroidVageta
    [user=141441]@dsticker[/user]   Haha! I get my 15 minutes of audio hardware fame! :-D   That's funny.
    AndroidVageta, Jun 5, 2015
  19. arcanemethods
    I didn't have them properly in my ear prior to my last comment.  Once I finally got them oriented as per your tip I came into full agreement with you.  I'm going through my evaluation tracks now (including David Chesky's awesome binaural set.)  I have to admit no 'phones I have perform significantly better and I have a pretty good collection of 'phones of all types.  My standard for perfection, while not the most expensive, is the AKG K702 and these things hold up really well in comparison.   I'm going to add a ball of Sugru to the back slotted tip and snug it in place in my ear with your orientation to see if I can obtain a bit more comfort and retention after it sets up.   The incredible energy and affordability of today's magnetic materials makes the occurrence of diamonds in the rough such as these not as exceptional as one might think.  The performance gap between cheap and expensive has narrowed considerably because of these newer materials.
    arcanemethods, Jun 6, 2015
  20. AndroidVageta
    [user=93719]@arcanemethods[/user]   Hey glad to see you were able to get "The Fit™".   That's a problem I wish less people had. So many people saying they're all hype or sound like crap. Nah, they just don't fit right. They are an excellent headphone...my all time favorite.   "The performance gap between cheap and expensive has narrowed considerably because of these newer materials."   This is very true. The drivers in these, to my ears, sound just as good as whatever is in the EX1000 and that new is like $400-500. Even then the Sonys still have less natural bass.   So yeah, I think now that there are more companies making headphones, especially ones in the mainlands that the expensive ones are being made, we are seeing an influx in more cheaper high quality IEM's. Hell, look at these or a more mainstream example like the Altone200. Dual armatures and a 8mm dynamic. Price at launch was like $120...you'd have to have spent like 4-5x that much before hand for the same thing from a bigger brand name.
    AndroidVageta, Jun 7, 2015
  21. kevitivity
    After reading the Wired article I had to give these a try. I found them to be very lacking in sound quality. Tinny, with a narrow sound stage. Weak low end response, but decent mids. They are not comfortable and the cables transfer a lot of noise to the buds. I also detected a lot of background "hiss". They sound fine for $12 phones, but they are not amazing in any way. The free-bee apple phones sound better in my opinion. My reference phones are grado sr 250s and beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO. I listen to classical and various acoustic recordings.
    kevitivity, Jun 17, 2015
  22. AndroidVageta
    [user=428012]@kevitivity[/user]   You aren't getting a good enough seal/fit. Common problem with them. The sound is definitely there...you're just one of the unlucky many it seems. If they sounded like that to me the review above would be VERY different.
    AndroidVageta, Jun 17, 2015
  23. kevitivity
    No, I played with the fit. Was never able to get the hiss to go away or get a good bass response.  I also, noticeable distortion.  I'm glad you like these, but I'm not impressed with them at all.  Even if they sounded amazing, the poor comfort and cable noise are a deal breaker for me.
    kevitivity, Jun 17, 2015
  24. swiftW1nd
    Well I be damned.... They are better than my Denon C300. The tips that come with them are garbage, once I swapped them with the C300 tips... the sound is amazing. Its crazy how good the bass is.
    swiftW1nd, Jun 20, 2015
  25. paulr24
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    So I read through the Wired review that refers to this review, but really is about the E300... and now I'm intrigued about the E300 but can't seem to find many other reviews for it. Have any of you guys tried both? I prefer IEMs so if the sound actually is on par with the E100 I'd be sold.
    paulr24, Jun 26, 2015
  26. paulr24
    So I read through the Wired review that refers to this review, but really is about the E300... and now I'm intrigued about the E300 but can't seem to find many other reviews for it. Have any of you guys tried both? I prefer the design of the E300 so if the sound actually is on par with the E100 I'd be sold.
    paulr24, Jun 26, 2015
  27. blackbelt730
    Wired said that Mrice is a scam of Chintek. Is this true? I would like to buy this, but I am confused on which one is the one with the real good sound and which is not as good sounding. Please give me an amazon link to the correct product AndroidVageta reviewed. Thanks!
    blackbelt730, Apr 20, 2016