nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. obsidyen
    Awesome review. Like you, I had IE800 but it was a disappointment. Now I have SM64 which are awesome but I like EDM so Velvet is the perfect choice for me it seems. I've ordered the crystal version and waiting for them to ship it. Hard to wait. :)
    obsidyen, Feb 17, 2015
  2. flinkenick
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Thanks :) Yeah I seriously can't understand why they IE800 is so hyped. Maybe at the the time it was spectacular to create such a soundstage out of a little dynamic driver, but the fuller sound of the SM64 makes it better for most music (IMO).
    flinkenick, Feb 17, 2015
  3. Rollk2
    Excellent review, exactly what I mean :)  Hype is hype and audiophiles regularly forget what music is for the benefit of features instead of feelings
    Rollk2, Mar 29, 2015
  4. Tr1ppy
    Absolutely fantastic review mate, I really enjoyed reading about what music really is and how the Velvets can fulfill that need. I'd love to give them a go but they're a bit out of my price range. However I'm so glad that these seem to have a lot of headroom in terms of bass/volume power, and from a set of BA's too! :)
    Tr1ppy, Apr 10, 2015
  5. obsidyen
    Also Velvet is much easier to drive compared to SM64. :)
    obsidyen, May 23, 2015
  6. MadMusicJunkie
    They sound good, but I like bass with also great detail.  When listening to Tycho, for example, I want to be able to identify all the different instruments and sounds he used.  But, I know what you mean about "experiencing" the music.  I have the FAD Heaven VIII for that.  Thank you for your review, though, as it helped me to get a better feel for what these are about before purchasing them!
    MadMusicJunkie, May 24, 2015
  7. flinkenick
    They are detailed.. Just not as hyperdetailed as the Rti1 - but that's what the Rti1 specializes in
    flinkenick, May 28, 2015
  8. TheKillerPiglet
    Thank you very much for the image regarding the position of the dials. Far, far better than what was in the package.   KP
    TheKillerPiglet, Dec 30, 2015