nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Jeff Y
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Is that device in the photo the Shozy Alien or something? I forget the exact name of it.
    Jeff Y, Dec 16, 2014
  2. chengsta
    what?  you prefer the shozy alien over the x5?  Or perhaps it is the amp that made the difference?  Have you ever compared the DIY to the jds labs c5?
    chengsta, Dec 16, 2014
  3. Lonelyers
    I would argue that Shozy Alien can sound better than X5 for certain IEMs - using my Rhines Stage 5 for example, I definitely prefer using Shozy Alien over my X5.  Yes, the Alien is THAT good.
    Lonelyers, Dec 17, 2014
  4. senorx12562
    I think the "Kaiser Soze" thing is a joke, as its the name of a movie character.
    senorx12562, Dec 17, 2014
  5. ForceMajeure
    Wonderful review. Thank you for comparing the k10 to the Shure as it really helps and put things in perspective.
    ForceMajeure, Dec 17, 2014
  6. maguire
    Thanks for that thoughtful &  interesting review Loquah, well put together & gives people a real insight into what its like having one. Great comparison with the SE846 also. Absoluteley in love with that Passionfruit.....Great choice.
    maguire, Dec 18, 2014
  7. Jeff Y
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Really envy you... I'm getting AK240 (laughs my evil laugh) with the Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS and I really want to compare the K10 to the FAD:)
    Jeff Y, Dec 18, 2014
  8. Wyd4
    I know this review was for the Nobles, but to answer a question above. I have an ak100ii, Shozy Alien, Fiio e12a and Tralucent Ref1's. I haven't listened to my ak100ii in a week.
    Wyd4, Dec 21, 2014
  9. Chefano
    awesome review!! what tips do you use in se846? regards
    Chefano, Dec 25, 2014
  10. Jimmy24
    Wow, that's a sick color. When I get mine in the near future, I'll probably get a similar one with pink and yellow in it as well. Great review!
    Jimmy24, Dec 30, 2014
  11. paulomario77
    Thanks for the review, Loquah. Coincidently, we are trailing very similar paths regarding personal audio. I own a SE846, I'm waiting for a Unique Melody CIEM to arrive (the Mentor, not the Miracle), and my ear mold impressions should be delivered to Brannan’s in a few hours (I'm getting the Prestige).   Regarding sources, I think that the SE846 is picky about them. In fact, from my experience, the 846 is quite difficult to drive, probably because of its very low 9 Ohm impedance. When driven from my iPod Classic, the bass simply wasn’t there. When I got an ALO Audio The National, bass was present and I thought problems were solved, but not until my Calyx M arrived that I realized the full potential of the SE846. While the bass was boomy, lacked definition, and invaded the rest of the spectrum with the ALO Audio, it was much more contained and detailed with the Calyx M. Yes, the Calyx M is such an amazing device that the SE846 sounded like a completely different phone! Perhaps the overall bass presence actually diminished with the Calyx M: it is as if the bass stays hidden and only appears when the music really asks for it. But I find it much more enjoyable and less fatiguing this way. The bass is not at all overwhelming, as was the case when the 846 is driven by a lesser source.   Anyway, thanks again for the review, I’m anxiously waiting for both my (first) CIEMs to arrive: the Mentor and the K10. Meanwhile, I’m still in love with my Shure.
    paulomario77, Feb 2, 2015