nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. sommovigo
    I'm loving my set - listening to Dexter Gordon, "GO" right now as I type. I high-rez needle drop from the Caliburn, with a Soundsmith Hyperion cart no less! 24/192 now on the AK120 II, piping out through some secret-sauce patch cable to the iDSD Micro, to the MH40.   I'll have more to say about MH40 on HeadphoneGuru, but for now I'm just happy as a clam and thinking that these are one of the best crossover (consumer/audiophile) product to toch my ears in a long time ...
  2. mikemercer
    Here here! You were the reason I got into the MH40s brotha!! KILLER for portable, desktop, anything thus far!!   Can't WAIT for us to tag-team the MH40 review at Audio360 after you put it down at Guru!! These are the perfect X-over cans for sure!!
  3. narkotic
    Killer review, Mercer..as always. Pete Davey here from Positive Feedback, by the way. I think I was there when Chris handed these over to you, beautiful headphones.
    narkotic, Nov 16, 2014
  4. mikemercer
    that's right Pete! You were chillin' in my room when we had the Cavalli Liquid Crimson and Chris lemme try the MH40s! BTW - welcome to the Head-Fi community brother! and thanks for the kind words!!!!
  5. sommovigo
    Yo Pete! That was a sweet listening session at Mercer's CanJam room ... that Cavalli Liquid Crimson was the ****, right? Mercer - remind me what DAC you had there?   I'm psyched to tag on this with you at 360, M - working on my prose for the Guru now.
  6. mikemercer
    NIICE Chris! Lookin forward to your wordsmithing on that bro. and yeah that was a FUN listening sesh!! [url=http://enjoythemusic.com/canjam_2014/michael_mercer/]HERE[/url]'s the link to my diary-style Canjam at RMAF Report for ETM - where I talk about it
  7. mikemercer
    OH, and Chris - we were using the lil' CEntrance DACport LX DAC on the Cavalli LC! Then I used my HRT microStreamer (KILLER lil' DAC to carry w/ ya - w/ a dedicated 2.25v line-out)
  8. sommovigo
    Right! Now I remember ... Michael makes some killer stuff, and that DACport was no slouch.
  9. Frank I
    Michael nice  job with these headphones I have not hear heard  but will make a point to listen at at a meet when we are together in the CES in January. I like when  headphone come out that is in the under 400.00 range and can be both fun and still get the quality we hear in more  expensive headphones.m Looking forward  to more impressions  from you regarding these headphones in the next installment. Bravo!
    Frank I, Nov 16, 2014
  10. mikemercer
    Thanks @  !   The Master & Dynamic sesh continues! Even brought em over to my buddy Vinces' place tonight w/ my AK240 + Lehmann Audio Traveler (like the [url=http://instagram.com/p/vcf4v1j06d/]system[/url] pictured above). I've infected him w/ the personal audio bug - he bought my Mad Dogs - and he want nutz over the MH40s - is gonna get a pair for sure..   I LOVE seeing the look on someones face when they hear somethin' just mind-blowing for them  (I played him some serious ear-candy)
    mikemercer, Nov 17, 2014
  11. mikemercer
    meant to say thanks [user=124267]@Frank I[/user]
    mikemercer, Nov 17, 2014
  12. gelocks
    Nice review Mike!   Although I wouldn't rank these near as "high-end reference-quality cans", they are excellent! Although, I haven't tried much of the high-end out there so, maybe they are!!! ;-)   Very smooth to my ears in the mids-high transition, no sibilance, and fun bass!!!! Though, sometimes it might be a bit too much bass and uncontrolled but personally I love them. I have been getting rid of headphones that leak, and although these DO leak, I just can't part with them! They look awesome and sound very good to my ears! Seems everyone who tries them end up liking them. Heck, I think even Tyll liked them! :)   Thanks for also posting impressions on different configurations! Not everyone has Cavalli's lol but liked that you went from a high-end set-up to a most simple down-to-earth one. Heck, you should get a "lowly" FiiO X1 or something to also post direct impressions out of a 'cheap' player (no amp, no hassles for easy to drive headphones like these! ;)).   Good stuff! Keep on enjoy them!
    gelocks, Nov 17, 2014
  13. grizzlybeast
    they are not perfect but have an addicting quality about them. They are instant gratification when swapping from something sterile, dry, or boring.
    grizzlybeast, Nov 17, 2014
  14. mikemercer
    Thanks [user=183182]@gelocks[/user]! yeah, though they leak, they are certainly addictive! I also like em better on tubes or hybrids. The bass seems more silky, more vibrant, and while not totally controlled, it sounds more defined w/ tubes. I can't get enough of em!   [user=352758]@grizzlybeast[/user]: GREAT point!!
    mikemercer, Nov 18, 2014