nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Brault
    Nice job, thank you. I haven't been able to bring myself to cut off the headband bumps though, have just taped bubble wrap over them...
    Brault, Oct 31, 2014
  2. kman1211
    Nice job on the review. I had similar impressions, it is truly a great headphone for the price, the best I heard at $200 imo, but also I can I understand the mixed impressions. I personally preferred the K712 to the Q701 when I compared them as I felt it was overall better sonically, it has a solid center stage, and the comfort is much better. They are different headphones though, including the drivers imo. The K712 has the curse of being even pickier of systems than the Q701 to my ears and it also costs a good amount more.
    kman1211, Oct 31, 2014
  3. Nec3
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Nec3, Oct 31, 2014
  4. Nec3
    [user=331749]@Brault[/user] It took me about 3 months to decide that I'm cutting off the headband bumps, totally worth it though. [user=287118]@kman1211[/user] Really!? I saw the K712 has some elevated bass compared to the Q701's, they're more revealing and have a center image? That sounds like an upgrade from the Q701's to me! Thank you both for the comments :) I don't really write reviews for headphones though unless if I feel really passionate to write about something I really like. This is my first review, so any constructive feedback is appreciated!
    Nec3, Oct 31, 2014
  5. kman1211
    That's my impressions, it's a subtle improvement to the Q701 in refinement, but I thought it sounded slightly more refined, had stronger dynamics, and clearer. I guess it's like the HD 600 vs HD 650 in terms of refinement, close enough where some people don't notice the refinement difference. They are a bit warmer, wetter, and have a bit more depth. They do have a center image, the center staging always bothered me on the Q701 even after not listening to the K712 for about a week. I had the K712 before trying Q701 and I felt it was a slight step down when I compared my K712 when I borrowed my friends Q701. When I heard the Q701 at times they had enough bass, other times it felt it just wasn't enough. The K712 is pretty much where I want headphones bass wise. They could do with a bit more sub-bass but the rest of the bass is where I want it. It also has a bit more upper treble but less energy in the 2khz region, this leads to a different treble presentation. A lot of the sound changes is caused by the pads but not all.
    kman1211, Oct 31, 2014
  6. Chris J
    Thank you for the frequency response comparison between no bass mod and with bass mod! Cheers!
    Chris J, Nov 1, 2014
  7. Nec3
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=170069]@bluemonkeyflyer[/user] Just lettin' you know the mic is indeed still alive and my cat didn't eat it or something =>
    Nec3, Nov 26, 2014