nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. dreamwhisper
    lol M50 gives you a headache. I had similar thoughts when I tried them.
    dreamwhisper, Oct 14, 2014
  2. oldmate
    I was going to purchase these. Got the heavily discounted Denon D600's instead. After reading this I think I did the right thing!!
    oldmate, Oct 14, 2014
  3. Sonic Defender
    I can't speak from experience, but I have read many posts on the TH600 and never heard any critique coming anywhere near as harsh so I would tell everybody to take any review with a grain of salt and listen to the headphone before making up your mind. Might be accurate, but this might also be explainable in other ways.
    Sonic Defender, Oct 14, 2014
  4. mmedeiro
    I owned the TH600 and they DESTROYED the D600, HM 400, Ultrasone 900.. not even an argument. The sound was spacious, lush and accurate. I upgraded to the TH900s which are even better. Maybe your source is an issue. Suprised to read this review.
    mmedeiro, Oct 14, 2014
  5. takato14
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Of course the TH600 sounded good to you, you were coming from much, much worse (the ultrasones especially). Also, it most certainly was not my source. I used an HD800 with the very same equipment and it sounded just fine.    And yes, I am aware no review is anything like mine. Kinda mentioned it in the first sentence of the review. I'm still stunned that people like this headphone as much as they do.
  6. takato14
    Of course the TH600 sounded good; you were coming from much, much worse (the Ultrasones especially). Also, it most certainly was not my source. I used an HD800 with the very same equipment and it sounded just fine.    And yes, I am aware no review is anything like mine. Kinda mentioned it in the first sentence of the review. I'm still stunned that people like this headphone as much as they do.
  7. mmedeiro
    Sorry but the headphone list was a response to mullos since he picked up a set of d600s, which I liked a lot. But before settling on the TH900s I definitely put them up against all flagship closed backs minus the Audeze-x, including the Usone E8s. I can better understand your opinion of the Fostex since you prefer the sound of the HD800s which I found to be too cold. I didnt mean to say your source was poor but to clip a section out of someone's review of the th900s, "I figured out it was my amp's problem and I changed my amp to the Luxman P1-u. Improvement? I will say it's HUGE. The bass got nicely controled and the Luxman bring up the mid nicely without losing speed, resolution." Didn't mean to bash your review.
    mmedeiro, Oct 14, 2014
  8. takato14
    Honestly the HD800 would not be my first choice out of the headphones I listed either.    Also, the TH600's bass control is fine, it's the balance and distortion that's the problem. The reviewer you mentioned was likely using an amp with a high output Z before the Luxman, which is a no-no with low impedance headphones.   No worries, I didn't take it as bashing, I was just trying to maintain my credibility in case it was questioned later.
  9. oldmate
    I can appreciate your comment re the D600's mmedeiro however the price of the TH600's here in AU are around $1,000.00 plus so for 25% of that I still think the Denon's are way better value.
    oldmate, Oct 14, 2014
  10. TWerk
    Takato, have you heard the Denon D7000?
    TWerk, Oct 15, 2014
  11. customcoco
    @Takato How would you rate the new Sony DR7Z against the TH600 ?
    customcoco, Oct 15, 2014
  12. MrTechAgent
    They all suffer from the BoPET syndrome...the only good Japanese were the Bio-Cellulose Sony's.
    MrTechAgent, Oct 15, 2014
  13. takato14
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    [user=173573]@customcoco[/user] I don't have the MDR-Z7. I have the [b][i]DR[/i][/b]-Z7. They are different. The DR-Z7 is a previous flagship from 1978.   [user=359193]@TWerk[/user] No.   [user=361011]@MrTechAgent[/user] Exactly my thoughts. Fostex doesn't know how to use biocel.
    takato14, Oct 15, 2014
  14. takato14
    [user=173573]@customcoco[/user] The sound of the DR-Z7 is better in every way to my ears, except perhaps treble extension. They are more up-front, clean, and linear than the TH600 across the board. They are not distant or diffuse like the TH600 either.   Please note that I am not talking about the MDR-Z7, which was just released. I do not have the MDR-Z7. I have the [b][i]DR[/i][/b]-Z7. They are different. The DR-Z7 is a previous flagship from 1978.   [user=359193]@TWerk[/user] No.   [user=361011]@MrTechAgent[/user] Exactly my thoughts. Fostex doesn't know how to use biocel.
    takato14, Oct 15, 2014
  15. mmedeiro
    @ mullos - I couldn't agree more the D600 are an insane value! The seal is much better than the Fostex and the sq is great. I'm actually still in possession of the d600 as i'm reluctant to return them bc they are such a great set. The TH600 were better in every way minus the isolation but the D600s were still great. I would rate them as my 3rd favorite set after the TH600 and TH900. I'm yet to hear the d7100s I bet they are a fun set as well.
    mmedeiro, Oct 15, 2014
  16. wahsmoh
    Hehe I just ordered a vintage DR-Z7 off Ebay for $46. Time to hear how they sound :]
    wahsmoh, Oct 22, 2014
  17. takato14
    [user=357121]@wahsmoh[/user]   Nicely done. They do sometimes go for that little.   If you don't like them, let me know and I'll buy them off you; I need a spare set.
    takato14, Oct 24, 2014
  18. Roy Munson
    1.5 stars? Did these headphones crumble during the first 10 minutes of use?   And stating that an M50 would rather be listened to than a TH600? Something about Fostex and a cactus? This review is absolutely innacurate and absurd.
    Roy Munson, Dec 5, 2014
  19. takato14
    No, but they are overpriced beyond belief and sound worse than any of my other headphones.   I would take the M50's flaws over the TH600's. This is my opinion. An opinion cannot be "inaccurate". You can disagree with my opinion, but that does not make mine wrong, because an opinion is subjective and dependent upon one's own tastes, preferences, ears, and prior experience. Take it as you will, but I would never recommend the TH600 to anyone.
    takato14, Dec 6, 2014
  20. enthusiast
    I have the Beyer 50p, the successor of the afformentioned DT1350 and the Fostex TH600. Yes the Beyers are lovely, yes the Bass on the TH600 is insane, but.... The TH600 once you have them one, you won't put them down until your ears blead. They are great headphones. You can get them cheap on ebay so who cares about MRSP. My single biggest complaint was too much (ever so slightly muddy-ish) bass, and comfort. Beyers ( I am talking around eary beyers dt990) are much much more comfortable. My ears did not fit into the Fostx and got hurt. I have big ears.
    enthusiast, Mar 27, 2015
  21. Redcarmoose
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    I can almost assure you it is a type of synergy in reverse. Your findings parallel mine to a T. I though we may have had the same experience and then you discribed the lower-mid distortions and I totally knew we were talking about the same issue. The only way I can explain it is your headphone is actually showing you what is up-stream. The HD800 are fantastic be are not emphasizing that lower mid area. You need to keep experimenting with different equipment and cable and you can bring the headphones to a different level. If you read up, you may realize your experience is an odd-ball one.
    Redcarmoose, Oct 27, 2015
  22. Redcarmoose
    Redcarmoose Today at 6:09 pmDelete I can almost assure you it is a type of synergy in reverse. Your findings parallel mine to a T. I thought we may have had the same experience and then you discribed the lower-mid distortions and I totally knew we were talking about the same issue. The only way I can explain it is your headphone is actually showing you what is up-stream. The HD800 are fantastic be are not emphasizing that lower mid area. You need to keep experimenting with different equipment and cable and you can bring the headphones to a different level. If you read up, you may realize your experience is an odd-ball one.
    Redcarmoose, Oct 27, 2015
  23. grizzlybeast
    For what they sell for now they are a steal. The highs are wretched but it makes up for it in other ways.
    grizzlybeast, Nov 13, 2015