nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Beagle
    Excellent review! But with regards to removable pads via magnets, B&W feature these on their line of headphones.
    Beagle, Oct 6, 2014
  2. gelocks
    Nice review grizz! And I agree btw! :)
    gelocks, Oct 6, 2014
  3. grizzlybeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    ahh did they copy that idea?
  4. grizzlybeast
    thx!   ahhh did they copy that idea?
  5. Beagle
    B&W featured magnetic pads on the original P5 which came out about 4-5 years ago IIRC.
    Beagle, Oct 6, 2014
  6. musikaladin
    ...very nice review... thanks!
    musikaladin, Oct 6, 2014
  7. plakat
    Yes, the P5 was the first headphone I know of that used magnets to hold the cushions in place.   It just got harder to justify spending money on the MH40 though... I just love the airy treble of Beyer cans... hm. Thanks anyway, excellent review, really helpful.
    plakat, Oct 6, 2014
  8. Headzone
    Considering you replace the pads usually after 5 years or so, it's a nice touch but an useless feature. The construction of these headphones seems really great though.
    Headzone, Oct 6, 2014
  9. grizzlybeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    ^That reaaallly depends on the pads. Some pads for example look a hot mess after a year and also flatten and go through unwanted changesSome ppl may care how they look. So many companies sell extra pads seperately if it wasnt profitable and people didnt need them. I was wrong to assume that most people understood that.
  10. grizzlybeast
  11. grizzlybeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    ^That reaaallly depends on the pads. Some pads for example look a hot mess after a year and also flatten and go through unwanted changes. Some ppl may care how they look. So many companies sell extra pads seperately.I doubt they would do it if it wasnt profitable and people didnt need them. I was wrong to assume that most people understood that.
  12. reddog
    A great review sir, I have been looking for a good portable headphone and these might be the ones I get.
    reddog, Oct 7, 2014
  13. zazex
    Fine review! 4 bills for good closed headphones is reasonable IMO, because there just aren't many around.  The Viso HP50, Focal's offerings, the MDR 7520...slim pickin's.  Any other suggestions are most welcome. (Haven't tried the B&W's, odd I guess as I have two sets of their speakers)
    zazex, Oct 7, 2014
  14. grizzlybeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Many thx. I have to edit the iphone part that was wrong. They do sound fine from them. I just think they can be put to better use.
    grizzlybeast, Oct 7, 2014
  15. queenie
    I like that leather skin headset.  I preferred bigger headsets for complete surround speakers and a good quality of skin - a non-tearing material as it ages.
    queenie, Oct 8, 2014
  16. shigzeo
    These are very nice headphones actually. And it seems that M&D are responsive to some early issues. Very comfy and pretty good looking to be sure.
    shigzeo, Oct 8, 2014
  17. grizzlybeast
    I think the on ear looks even better. I need to see if they have a similar sound. I should look into it.
    grizzlybeast, Oct 8, 2014
  18. shigzeo
    There is a house sound, for sure, but I'm all-in with the MH40.
    shigzeo, Oct 10, 2014
  19. 0MoUsE0
    Although I am not going to buy it, Thanks for the detailed review !
    0MoUsE0, Oct 14, 2014
  20. grizzlybeast
    [user=99917]@zazex[/user] if you can get a good portable amp, a zmf v.1 may be up your alley. If I had to choose one I dont know which but these are more musical for sure. The v.1 has better presence in the upper mids. I also like the mad dog pro a lot too (maybe even better but its been a while) but the pads are too bulky for me to walk in public without looks.
    grizzlybeast, Oct 15, 2014
  21. warubozu
    Thanks for the detailed and easy tor read review. Seen an ad for these cans a few months ago an it looked interesting, too bad their currently all sold out.
    warubozu, Oct 20, 2014
  22. grizzlybeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    oh wow. They are all gone huh?
    grizzlybeast, Oct 20, 2014
  23. grizzlybeast
    Thanks. I have seen they were all out. They are great cans imo.
    grizzlybeast, Oct 20, 2014
  24. mikemercer
    Excellent review! I just got a pair after hearing them at RMAF during Canjam w/ the Cavalli Liquid Crimson in our hotel room - and I loved their smooth mids, extended highs, and the bass, to me (and you too it seems) slams with velocity and the cans have great attack. I was drawn-in to Thom Yorke's Tomorrows Modern Boxes from the start!! I'm going to be scribing a full review at Audio360.org and, one here SOON! Excellent read, really enjoyed it! I also LOVE the construction and attention to detail! I'm OCD - so the numbered sliders are KEY for me!! LOL. I'm always messin' w/ my cans to get em centered. I also went for the gun-metal and black finish! NICE ONE!!!!
    mikemercer, Nov 15, 2014
  25. grizzlybeast
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    They are a great set of cans for sure!
    grizzlybeast, Nov 16, 2014
  26. grizzlybeast
    Thanks a lot! I do like them a lot. Pretty good cans!
    grizzlybeast, Nov 17, 2014
  27. istirsin
    Are these a noticeable upgrade over the momentums?
    istirsin, Aug 12, 2015