nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. vincent215
    awesome review, I wish everyone here would be as reasonable in judging sound quality as you.
    vincent215, Sep 16, 2014
  2. DaddyMojo
    Great review and I could not tell it was your first.  Very informative and I must say, I am now interested in L2, even though I was sold on the Momentum before.
    DaddyMojo, Sep 16, 2014
  3. obsidyen
    Great review.   I had Sennheiser Momentum before. L2 is much better.
  4. obsidyen
    I must also say, L2 is great with EDM. I listen to a lot of trance, house, synthpop etc. and it's amazing with all of them.
  5. obsidyen
    I must also add that even though highs are very extended, they are not harsh at all. I'm very sensitive to harsh treble (thus I sold my AKG Q701 cause I couldn't stand the treble) but L2 doesn't have it, unless the recording is very low quality. L2 is not brutally unforgiving, but it's not as forgiving as HD650 either.
  6. oryan_dunn
    If the "screws" are like the "screws" on my Fidelio M1, they are not really screws, but rather plastic snaps with a hollow center.  On each earcup, one of them has the wire going through it to the headband for the right side.  Certainly they could make that piece out of metal, but perhaps it was easier to make it out of plastic.
    oryan_dunn, Sep 16, 2014
  7. Happy Hamlet
    Nice review, I agree on most points. To me they are a touch too bright to be called neutral (noticeable for instance with violins), and lack a bit of low end. Very different sounding than the bigger Fidelio X1, which is a rather warm headphone. I like them both.
    Happy Hamlet, Sep 17, 2014
  8. wolfjeanne
    Thanks for all the positive comments The orange hinges are definitely filled with cables, since they are the only connection between the frame and the earcups. That might explain it indeed. And I agree, they are a bit bright indeed and supprisingly smooth, although I don't think they lack in the low end. The bass is just quite controlled. Although that thought can also be caused by them having a more noticeable impact than my Shures...
    wolfjeanne, Sep 17, 2014
  9. Jonfairway
    Great Review and fully agree with You :) Any issues they have with their apparent brightness can be sorted with a good Valve drive headphone amplifier, just adding a little warmth but retaining their crisp fun sound, also experimenting with different cables can be worthwhile, they need some burn in time too to get to their best. I eventually ended up using a Valve Pre amp into the Graham Slee SRGii , detailed , slightly warmer, big sounding fun presentation.... for £150 its hard to criticise them. They are not ideal for on the bus, but hey that;s where the M1BT come into their own !!!!
    Jonfairway, Oct 9, 2014
  10. audiohurric4ne
    this or the msr7 ? i listen to rock/metal mostly
    audiohurric4ne, Jan 13, 2015
  11. wolfjeanne
    I have never heard the msr7 myself, but they seem really good from the couple of things I read. Somewhat more neutral sounding, though the spaciousness of the AT msr7 can probably not keep up with the l2, since the l2 is a semi-open headphone. I would recommend going to a store to try them out - if you can find a store that carries them that is.
    wolfjeanne, Jan 13, 2015
  12. wolfjeanne
    Sorry for the double post, but I can not seem to edit my previous post. What I wanted to add is that it might be more effective to ask that question at the l2 thread, since there is a lot more people commenting there : [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/681147/philips-fidelio-l2]http://www.head-fi.org/t/681147/philips-fidelio-l2[/url]
    wolfjeanne, Jan 13, 2015