nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. chengsta
    I happen to have strange tastes in iems.  But I also have the fiio x5.  Do you just so happen to have sony xba 40 or jh16's to compare with?
    chengsta, Jul 5, 2014
  2. Brooko
    Sorry - haven't heard either.  A full list of the IEMs I've owned can be found in my profile.
    Brooko, Jul 6, 2014
  3. TrollDragon
    Excellent Review Good Sir! Congrats on the Feature! ;)
    TrollDragon, Jul 7, 2014
  4. Brooko
    Thanks TD.  I'm pleased for RockJaw that they might get some exposure with the Alfa Genus.  It really is a wonderful little IEM.
    Brooko, Jul 7, 2014
  5. Saoshyant
    One quick question, in regards to the genre specific notes.  Am I right to assume when you were talking about the bass with the Rap/EDM/Pop section you were using the silver filter?  With the first two genres you specificed the filter used, but stopped after that.  Other than that, it was quite a well written review.
    Saoshyant, Jul 8, 2014
  6. Brooko
    Hi Saoshyant - no, the comments on genre were all with the ebony filter fitted. I've changed the review to make it clearer - thanks for pointing it out :)
  7. Saoshyant
    Hmm, This might be the type of versatility I've been looking for in an IEM then.  I'll have to consider looking into getting one.  It reminds me of...  I think the company is called Torque Audio.  Not as many variations available, but the two options here might actually cover the range quite well.
    Saoshyant, Jul 8, 2014
  8. Brooko
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Will be even better if they add the third filter which will bridge the gap between the current two.  I understand that they're developing it now.  If you need more info try asking Bob in this thread.  He might be able to give you an update on i/when they intend to introduce it. [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/716429/rock-jaw-testers]http://www.head-fi.org/t/716429/rock-jaw-testers[/url]
  9. Brooko
    Will be even better if they add the third filter which will bridge the gap between the current two.  I understand that they're developing it now.  If you need more info try asking Bob in this thread.  He might be able to give you an update on if/when they intend to introduce it. [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/716429/rock-jaw-testers]http://www.head-fi.org/t/716429/rock-jaw-testers[/url]
  10. xedjflowx
    How would you rate the performance:price ratio? Any comparisons? Whose the ideal audience for this IEM? Any similar sounding IEMs?
    xedjflowx, Oct 11, 2014
  11. Brooko
    Hard to give you a comparison with a single IEM as each filter gives you a different sound - bassy, balanced, and bright.  The ideal audience is anyone who loves music - and needs an IEM at an affordable price point.  Personally I think they are phenomenal value for money - which is why I rated them so highly.
    Brooko, Oct 12, 2014