nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. hk6230
    Great reviews. I will consider the hissing sound issue. I was thinking of buying one of this as my traveling companion. Now I will wait for ifi next update.
    hk6230, Apr 8, 2014
  2. Nirmalanow
    I mentioned the hissing to Avatar Acoustics and they are going to double check the amp I had in case it was just a problem with the particular unit they loaned me.
    Nirmalanow, Apr 9, 2014
  3. irablumberg
    I have this amp as well. I generally like its performance even with very sensitive IEMs. However, there are 2 problems, one small the other a bit more annoying. There is a small amount of hiss. I don't notice it when playing music, but if I listen with no signal, I can hear it. I don't find this a problem, but it is definitely different from the JDS Labs O2 I used previously.   The other problem which I find more serious is that the channels are not balanced at low volumes. This is a more serious problem with sensitive phones because listening at a comfortable level often requires turning the volume down to the point of noticeable channel imbalance. I asked iFi's customer support about this and got an answer basically saying most analog volume controls have this issue, so no fix. As a compromise, I purchased a cheap in-line volume control that I connect between my phones and the Nano. I turn the in-line volume control down to to about 60% and then raise the volume on the Nano. This eliminates the channel imbalance but it is inconvenient to have to carry / use one more piece of equipment for my portable set up.
    irablumberg, Apr 9, 2014
  4. Nirmalanow
    I added a note to the review about some attenuators that iFi is going to send me to try with the Nano. They should reduce the hiss and also increase the usable range of the volume control, which should eliminate problems with channel imbalance at comfortable listening levels. I will update this review once I have had a chance to try the attenuators out with the Nano.
  5. irablumberg
    I hope the attenuators work and that iFi will be kind enough to ship them to loyal early adopters like me.
    irablumberg, Apr 11, 2014
  6. Nirmalanow
    You could contact them and ask. Maybe they would at least give you a good price on the attenuators. PS: I also just picked up a pair of Soundmagic HP100s on Amazon for under $100 (cosmetic issues), so I will also have a headphone with lower sensitivity to try with the Nano when it gets back to me from Avatar.
  7. bedlam inside
    Nice review. As you know I love the 3D sound especially, do you think this one makes a good choice for my commute? Did you get a chance to try it with a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy in my case) and full size headphones, to see how it goes? It looks like something I'd be prepared to carry (unlike your battery + iCAN micro stack!).  I use Audio Technica noise cancelling headphones for travel, with noise cancelling on they are quite loud, but without, in passive mode (which sounds WAY, WAY better) they struggle driven from the phone and of course no 3D Sound.
    bedlam inside, Apr 11, 2014
  8. Nirmalanow
    I don't know if the AT full size headphones would work well with the Nano. The only problems are with high sensitivity headphones like a lot of iem's. Then the hiss issue arises, and also because you are using the volume control only in the lowest setting, there can be a problem with channel imbalance. Do you know what the sensitivity is of the AT's? In any case, the Nano should give you more than enough power. You can also check back to see if the attenuators work well once I have had a chance to test them out. It would be a much more portable solution than my big battery with the larger iCAN you mentioned as pictured here: [url=http://www.head-fi.org/t/654405/ican-amp-review-a-new-amp-that-gives-you-more-more-bass-more-soundstage-and-more-detail/195#post_9628605]http://www.head-fi.org/t/654405/ican-amp-review-a-new-amp-that-gives-you-more-more-bass-more-soundstage-and-more-detail/195#post_9628605[/url]   I am hoping to end up with the 3D and XBass features in a more portable setup that still works with my sensitive headphones.
  9. holylhj
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    where can I buy attenuators?   I understand what this review says about attenuators is that IFI's developing product   but when I asked to them,   ​they reply just 'go "headphone world" and inquire to them'    I don't know even where is headphone world   I tried to find attenuators from amazon and ebey   but don't know what kind of attenuators is ​proper to ican nano   Plz, let me know where can I find attenuators for ican nano
    holylhj, Apr 14, 2014
  10. Nirmalanow
    I think the first batch of attenuators are just now being shipped out for reviews, and they are not yet in full production. So it might still be a while before you can buy a pair. I would contact Avatar Acoustics in Georgia if you are in the USA and ask them when you can expect to buy a pair.
    Nirmalanow, Apr 14, 2014
  11. iFi audio
    Hi Holylhj,   We explained you cant buy the iFi attenuators. Our reply to your email was cc'd to Headphone World (iFi: Korea). They can explain to you how the attenuators work and arrange to get a set you to if you like.   They are on the iFi website: [url=http://ifi-audio.com/en/sales.html#korea]http://ifi-audio.com/en/sales.html#korea[/url]   Hope this clarifies!
    iFi audio, Apr 14, 2014
  12. holylhj
    now I realize your explanation, thank you
    holylhj, Apr 14, 2014
  13. phara0hseye
    The whole attenuator thing turns me off.
    phara0hseye, Apr 23, 2014
  14. Nirmalanow
    It is a kind of band-aid approach, but if you are addicted to the features of the iCAN amps like I am, then the attenuators allow you to use the amps with more sensitive headphones. But to each their own, of course.
    Nirmalanow, Apr 23, 2014
  15. Marco Angel
    Where can I buy this nano I can? Preferred with international shipping cause I'm in
    Marco Angel, Apr 25, 2014
  16. Nirmalanow
    There dealers are listed here: [url=http://ifi-audio.com/en/sales.html]http://ifi-audio.com/en/sales.html[/url]
    Nirmalanow, Apr 25, 2014
  17. Vartan
    When will attenuators be available for sale?
    Vartan, Apr 28, 2014
  18. Nirmalanow
     I think they may be available now at iFi dealers, but contact your closest dealer to find out for sure.
    Nirmalanow, Apr 30, 2014
  19. Nirmalanow
    I ended up keeping my Tera as source, feeding the iCAN Nano and then my JVC HA-FX850s. The sound is just out of this world. It is not so much that it is flashy or sparkly, but it just sounds completely natural. The JVC earphones are really something special, and the Tera is an amazing DAP. Then the Nano amp takes it to another level of naturalness by expanding the soundstage and giving the instruments more space around each one. I am sure now that I like the 3D effect on this little Nano amp even better than the settings on the bigger iCAN. The 3D is great on the larger Micro amp, but the setting on this smaller amp is somehow even more natural and believable. I am so thrilled to have the iCAN features in a setup I can fit in a larger pocket.
    Nirmalanow, May 1, 2014
  20. grumpybrit
    great review! i'm new here and not so clued up but i have been thinking of buying a headphone amp for a while now. i"m out and about and travel a lot and like to have my music with me. this little device looks interesting. i don't know a lot about ifi (or any other headphone amp manufacturer for that matter) but i'm discovering good things about them. i might give this baby a whirl to pop my headphone amp cherry! i pretty much use hd25's all the time. i find them comfortable and not too intrusive when i'm on the go (and i'm on a budget!) a decent headphone amp feels like a necessary next step for me now.
    grumpybrit, Dec 22, 2014