nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. ag8908
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Are you comparing these to full sized headphones? If so that's not at all fair.
    ag8908, Apr 1, 2014
  2. ag8908
    Your profile states you used to the own the SE535. How do these compare to those? It's not fair to compare them to full sized headphones
    ag8908, Apr 1, 2014
  3. GL1TCH3D
    That was quite a long time ago (I probably should have recorded dates that I owned those headphones to give people a better idea of timeframe) But remembering back, the se535 had a ton of sibilance (not as much as the younger 425) I would say besides the peak in for the sibilance the 535 and roxannes have more or less the same treble level in relation to other frequencies The bass is definitely the biggest improvement between the two while the mids I'd have to say in terms of smoothness, the 535 were buttery as can be while the roxannes still feel a bit dull.
    GL1TCH3D, Apr 2, 2014
  4. dbdchc
    Hi, would you be able to clarify whether you were listening to files that were compressed, lossless or otherwise?  Also, if you were unable to achieve an adequate seal, that's an immediate red flag for me to take your review with a grain of salt.  That isn't to say you are not entitled to dislike the Roxannes, but to judge the sound quality without satisfying at least a sufficient seal, your review leaves much to be desired.  All things considered, I continue to hear that JH's customer service is notoriously bad.
    dbdchc, Jul 6, 2014
  5. skfktkwjs
    Saw it's FR measurement......it lacks mid , and treble....it has huge peak on 7khz and rolls off so fast so it's barley reaches 10khz;;;i think you got the exact right impression
    skfktkwjs, Jul 8, 2014
  6. GL1TCH3D
    @dbdch My apologies, this review is the horrid result of a defective product and anger at extremely poor customer support that takes months to get anything out of. I don't buy many IEMs and generally my ears are fairly "normal" shaped in that most headphones and IEMs will fit, though notably smaller than the average ear. Using the double flange tips I had no issues with seal. Most of my music is lossless. Some are poorly produced but enough of it is well produced, mastered and in lossless formats.
  7. GL1TCH3D
    At the moment, I have the original pair of roxannes with the left (what I noted as defective) earpiece replaced. Upon reopening them and listening, I heard very obvious channel imbalance. With the left earpiece being stronger, more clear and with a bit better balance. What I'm wondering is if the earlier sets of Roxanne universals were just really poorly made (I preordered them mid Jan) I'm going to leave the rating up and add a huge disclaimer.
  8. GL1TCH3D
    Yet another note, if I do ever happen to get a fully functioning pair to use I'll go re-write the whole review
  9. Antonio Brozy
    I need an advice I will to buy new pair of earphones which one is the best between those. Shure SE846 vs Roxanne vs JH Angie.
    Antonio Brozy, Feb 19, 2015