nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. TWerk
    Fantastic, detailed review. Thank you for taking the time to note these observations!   Have you tried D2000? Thinking about upgrading but I'm not sure.
    TWerk, Apr 1, 2014
  2. Gravit8
    I'd be interested as well.  I've tried the D2000s and was wondering how big of a jump up these really are.
    Gravit8, Apr 1, 2014
  3. UNIFi
    Well I found the gap I feel is fairly large. They have a similar overall signature, but the th600 is more detailed, open, expensive, better sub bass quality and rumble, less sibilant and clearer all round. It isn't like 3x better or anything, but for me I would never be able to go back to a d2000 after this. You know that feeling once you've had it better.
    UNIFi, Apr 1, 2014
  4. Xenophon
    Thanks for the interesting review.  How would you compare their treble to the DT-880's?  I used to own these but didn't care for their sound signature which was too hot in the treble region for me (great cans for the price though).  The Fostex are imo the most gorgeous looking headphones on the market, pity they're not for me as I listen exclusively to classical and every review I read confirms my suspicion that those are really not meant for that genre.
    Xenophon, Apr 1, 2014
  5. UNIFi
    The DT880 overall is brighter all across the treble spectrum and is better extended, the TH600 have a narrower spike but it is like I like to describe as a glass bottle being smashed next to your ears. The DT880 treble was just noticeably bright and very clear for me, not unbearable for my tastes, the TH600 one is hard to take. Funnily though this treble only becomes a problem in say 1/10 of my tracks - where in 90% of tracks the DT880 sounds brighter than neutral for me.
    UNIFi, Apr 2, 2014
  6. UNIFi
    Out of those 1/10 track of all genres I have most are jazz with brass instruments or heavy cymbal work. I wonder if I have a sensitivity problem in this range?
    UNIFi, Apr 2, 2014