nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. Mobiustereo
    An excellent and articulate review TwoEars. As an owner of a pair of HD800's myself, your comments mirror my own experience. I have owned and auditioned Audeze LCD-2, LCD3, LCD-X, HiFiMan 5LE, & 6HE, and also once owned Sennheiser HD600 & HD650's. While I have had "magical musical moments" with many of these, the fact that the DH800's are the [b]only[/b] set of cans I still own speaks for itself...
    Mobiustereo, Jan 19, 2014
  2. Takeanidea
    Your experience is probably all the sweeter for getting the HD800s for a bargain price. I love mine too , I've got rid of all my Stax kit and my Beyer T1s just couldn't do it for me compared to the HD800s. When you can sit down and just relax and listen to music the HD800s are pretty special. Rock and Pop and Instrumental all come alive for me
    Takeanidea, Jan 19, 2014
  3. Takeanidea
    Takeanidea, Jan 19, 2014
  4. Sorrodje
    Great review. I fully agree with you and My experience with HD800 is exactly the same. Thks!
    Sorrodje, Jan 29, 2014
  5. icebear
    That nails it pretty accurately, [b]+1[/b] .
    icebear, Jan 29, 2014
  6. seb7
    Great review! Ditto on agreeing with you and having exactly the same experience.
    seb7, Jan 29, 2014
  7. Headtrip
    You are so right on. I've been listening to many lesser iems and cans but in the few months I've owned my new HD800s your take on these beauties is point perfect.
    Headtrip, Apr 21, 2014
  8. TwoEars
    Thanks guys.
    TwoEars, May 8, 2014
  9. Shape77
    Thank You for Your review!
    Shape77, Mar 26, 2015
  10. saalboy
    • This message has been removed from public view.
    Great review, thank you. I'm using HD800 paired in balanced mode with Pono Player. It's probably not the best combination but worth of considering. Have to say that I can't go back to my long time favorite HD600, the difference between HD800 and latter is immense, not only in price. With Anaxilus mod (2mm narrow felt) my HD800 have the same characteristics we love about HD600 but with super wide soundstage, tight base and crisp clear highs which take the music to all new level. My ears are in heaven.
    saalboy, Jan 17, 2016
  11. saalboy
    Great review, thank you. I'm using HD800 paired in balanced mode with Pono Player. It's probably not the best combination but worth of considering. Have to say that I can't go back to my long time favorite HD600, the difference between HD800 and latter is immense, not only in price. With Anaxilus mod (2mm narrow felt) my HD800 have the same characteristics we love about HD600 but with super wide soundstage, tight base and crisp clear highs which take the music to all new level. My ears are in heaven, especially with acoustic music. All sampled and electronic sounds which we find mostly in pop music have a little dirty effect to it no matter the source.
    saalboy, Jan 17, 2016