nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. miceblue
    Hey there fellow SRH940 lover. Funny that you mention the bass bleeding in to the midrange a bit. That's the exact opposite of what Jude said in his video. XD I see the SRH1540 keeps the same earcup frame as the SRH1840...which means it hardly swivels and won't get a good seal on my head. It seems the Shures have lame ergonomics as the SRH940 didn't seal on the bottom of my head. -_-
    miceblue, Jan 18, 2014
  2. gelocks
    Well, maybe Jude was trying to be nice? Lol. Or maybe he just needs more time with them. I had the Shures since the first week of November up till last week so I gave them more than a few hours of use and that's basically what I perceived. Maybe it was my music selection compared to what he used? Not sure but my impressions still stand. ;-) And yup, their design is not the best and you will definitely have the same problem! :-( Thanks
    gelocks, Jan 18, 2014
  3. dakanao
    How is their subbass compared to that of the 840's? Also, do they have a lot more bass than the 840's, or just a tiny bit more?
    dakanao, Feb 14, 2014
  4. gelocks
    This is going to based off memory but yes, these have more sub-bass and mid-bass presence as well as a warmer signature over the SRH840s...
    gelocks, Feb 14, 2014
  5. dakanao
    Do you mean by ''warmer'' that they have less treble?
    dakanao, Feb 14, 2014
  6. gelocks
    No.   [url=http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary]http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary[/url]   It would appear as if they have less high-end due to their tonality, but I don't feel they are missing much up top. Do they sound exactly like the SRH840s? No. If you are looking for a brighter signature, then the 1540s are probably not for you. Look into Yamaha MT220s or Sony MDR7520 or maybe even the newer NAD Viso HP50 or Focal Spirit Pro (I have not tried these last three, but based on what I read and others opinions including Tyll from Innerfidelity.)
    gelocks, Feb 14, 2014
  7. nicholars
    3.5 stars.... Really? Come on these are at least 4 star headphones!!
    nicholars, Jan 22, 2015
  8. gelocks
    I mostly use headphones at work. Just leaking as much as they do bring the score a full star down... the other "half" is to their weird fit, almost bass-head presentation leaking a bit into the mids, etc. I think it's a "fair" score. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you think they are perfect or almost perfect for you, then that's good! :)
    gelocks, Jan 22, 2015
  9. Prolificaudio
    How would you compare these to the p7s and focal spirit classic? As far as highs mids and bass and details?
    Prolificaudio, Feb 1, 2015
  10. gelocks
    Haven't tried either of those. Sorry.
    gelocks, Feb 2, 2015
  11. liderbit
    Thanks for the sound leakage impressions. I also listen to the music at work and this is an important aspect! Cheers!
    liderbit, Feb 21, 2015
  12. dlhen68
    Unless you really crank these, the leaking is minimal. And they sound very good at modest levels. I dislike the headband though!
    dlhen68, Aug 14, 2015