nflj_showcase_replies_on_review_by_x

1. ElectroMod
    Thanks for your review, we have just got order first order of Alpha Dog's in and i agree with your review these are the best all round closed back headphones out there at the moment, this is why we spoke to Dan. Enjoy them i certainly am enjoying mine. Mark
    ElectroMod, Dec 19, 2013
  2. GoldfishX
    Nice review. I'm not quite sure I want to go the upgrade route for them, as I am worried I can't go back if I prefer the Mad Dogs, but the review seems to reinforce my (eventual) decision to have both. Probably when the wait goes down. The sheer value of both headphones should be a wake-up call to a lot of higher end manufacturers (*cough* Ultrasone).
    GoldfishX, Dec 19, 2013
  3. gelocks
    Thanks! They are definitely great and it is indeed surprising how tuning can vary with the changes Dan applies. Both the Mad Dogs and Alpha Dogs are great values and are EASY recommendations from me unless one craves for portability + easy to drive headphones, or specific preferences (i.e. bassheads, trebleheads).
    gelocks, Dec 19, 2013
  4. grizzlybeast
    Thanks for clearing up some confusion I had about them. Good review.
    grizzlybeast, Dec 19, 2013
  5. thatBeatsguy
    Great review, gelocks! Now I'm really hyped to get these for Christmas, but $600 + amp...I think I'll wait 'til Dan makes the Alpha Dogs 2 or something along those lines.
    thatBeatsguy, Dec 19, 2013
  6. gelocks
    I usually rock my Alpha Dogs with a $100 amp (Schiit Magni) so, you don't NEED to go overboard with the amp. People seem to also enjoy it with the $120 Schiit Vali as well. ;-)
    gelocks, Dec 19, 2013
  7. money4me247
    comparison of Alpha Dog vs. HE400/HE500 anyone? ortho fightttt :)
    money4me247, Dec 19, 2013
  8. VisceriousZERO
    Nice review! I tried them (balanced version) with the HM901 and the HiFi-M8 LX, both very nice combos :)
    VisceriousZERO, Dec 19, 2013
  9. nicolo
    I tried the Alpha Dog. Didn't like it at all. I think the PSB M4U2 sounds better balanced with better bass.
    nicolo, Dec 19, 2013
  10. gelocks
    Well, different ears and all... I had the PSB M4U 1s (which are basically the same as the 2s but without the noise cancelling stuff) and although well balanced, those were way more anemic on the low end than all mentioned on this review as well as the Momentums I had in hand, the AIAIAI TMA-1s Young Guru, the KEF M500s, etc. etc. (I sold those very quickly and posted my impressions on MacedonianHero's portable headphones thread). If you enjoy that kind of sound, you'd probably go crazy over the T5p's!!! Wanna buy them? ;-)    Thanks.
    gelocks, Dec 20, 2013
  11. nicolo
    Great offer!! However I got the LCD-X as my end-game HPs a couple of months back. No more HP purchases ever again!! Sold of all my other DACs/Amps/HPs except for the HE-400 and the Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir. Probably sell the Schiit stuff after i get the upgraded Geek Pulse X in June, as long as the Pulse's performance is close to that of the Mjolnirs'.
    nicolo, Dec 20, 2013
  12. gelocks
    Come on nicolo, you know you will buy more HPs!! ;-) Nice gear. I signed up to listen to the LCD-XC's. I hope I don't like them too much or my wallet is indeed going to suffer... a lot! ;)
    gelocks, Dec 20, 2013
  13. nicolo
    This is it for me. The only significant upgrade after this would be the Stax SR 009 + Blue Hawaii SE amp, both of which together cost $10K+. Even if i had the money, i could never justify that outlay. So the LCD-X is it. It's a truly fantastic all-rounder. Nothing else needed really.
    nicolo, Dec 20, 2013
  14. solblack
    Can't wait for mine to arrive! Next year might pony up for the LCD-X.
    solblack, Dec 20, 2013
  15. Change is Good
    Nice review...   I see that I made the right choice with the SRH1540... based on what I was looking for...
    Change is Good, Dec 20, 2013
  16. Andrew_WOT
    Great review. [i]" For some reason, every time I use any dynamic headphone (be it the Momentum, Signature DJ, Dido D901, etc.) and jump to the Mad Dogs or Alpha Dogs I ALWAYS find the headphones underwhelming!!!"[/i] That just echoes my feeling about Mad Dogs, just couldn't get over it and eventually sold them, always felt they are not "dynamic" enough, like fly in the honey.
    Andrew_WOT, Dec 20, 2013
  17. mikemercer
    Wow [user=183182]@gelocks[/user]! I love my Alpha's - and I put em on while reading your review. EXCELLENT!!
    mikemercer, Dec 23, 2013
  18. mikemercer
    I forgot to add - GREAT point on the basshead tip
    mikemercer, Dec 23, 2013
  19. gelocks
    and I'm putting them on while reading your comments!! ;-)    Thanks Mike!
    gelocks, Dec 23, 2013
  20. ardilla
    Great Review! Could you make a quick comparison with the Ultrasone DJ Pro? Why do you find it better?
    ardilla, Dec 29, 2013
  21. gelocks
    Hello. Sorry but I can only speak of Ultrasone SIGNATURE DJs or Signature Pros. Never had the DJ Pros but if I'm going to be led by reviews and impressions in head-fi and everywhere you will probably get big bass with lots of treble energy and recessed mids as an overall sound signature. Not sure about soundstage, clarity, tone, etc.
    gelocks, Dec 29, 2013
  22. Joel Vanderbaum
    Sexy red paint.
    Joel Vanderbaum, Jan 20, 2014
  23. solblack
    Great! mine on the way :)
    solblack, Jan 20, 2014
  24. Ableza
    Thank you for the excellent review.  I went from my beloved HD650s to the Alpha Dogs and after a period of brain adjustment, the 650's are now my wife's and the Alphas are staying with me.  I love the way they sound.
    Ableza, Jan 26, 2014
  25. gelocks
    Thanks! Oh I would have definitely picked up the Alphas as well!!! ;-) Enjoy!
    gelocks, Jan 26, 2014