DECA (10 DRIVERS PER EAR) $1450 Acrylic Perfect for those who desire more bass while maintaining...

5/5,
  • DECA (10 DRIVERS PER EAR)
    $1450 Acrylic
    Perfect for those who desire more bass while maintaining awesome clarity and imaging
    - 10 Balanced Armature Drivers

Recent Reviews

1. ironpeg
    Written by ironpeg
    Published Nov 1, 2016
    Pros - Great build and fits, good dynamic presentation, packs bass punches and rumble, non-fatigue high
    Cons - Need a refinement on Aesthetic, Mid is a bit forward.

Introduction
                I came across Perfect Seal Labs by accident. I was looking for someone to reshell my reshelled Layla for my girlfriend when I found “Mike” from Perfect Seal. At that time Deca just came out. Mike offered Deca for a discount price ($1050). I think it was a good bet for my new CIEM.

Specification
    $1450 Acrylic ($1050 with introduction promo)
    - 10 Balanced Armature Drivers
    -5 way passive crossover
    -3 sound bores

From: http://perfect-seal.com/music/

Ordering Process
                The process of ordering Deca is kind of weird for me because you cannot order directly from the website. You have to email, or talk to “Mike” via Facebook to order. Mike said he can do mostly every color on the acrylic shells in the market. You just need to let him know. However, there is no color chart for you in his website. He has several special faceplate designs on his website. The turnaround time for Deca is roughly 3 – 4 weeks. I got mine in 3 weeks.

Build
                Mike did a very good job in fitting. No need to do refit. Deca fits my ears very well. Deca gives a very good isolation comparing to my Roxanne.

Sound Impressions
                To me, perception of sound is subjective. Each person has their own preference and perception of sound. This review is based on my perception and taste.

Deca is claimed to be “fun” by Mike. He also claimed that it has high clarity and nice bass response with not too forward mid.

Despite the claim from Mike, I think Deca could be one of my reference CIEM with a little bit of bass boost. I feel that I sound similar to JH Roxanne with bass adjust at 40%. However, Deca handles better dynamic presentation of the sound comparing to Roxanne. I find soundstage very impressive. It is wide but not unrealistic wide. The separation of each instrument is very well separated. You will feel the air and space between each instrument. However, vocal in Deca is considered forward to me. Moreover, I feel that Deca still lacks a presentation of a 3-D sphere sound. Don’t get me wrong. It still provides you sound in all the x-y-z axis.

Bass
                The sub-bass is clean, fast, and precise with great control in overall bass. The quantity of bass is just right for reference but you will find it too little for the “fun” sound. Nevertheless, you can still feel the punchiness and impact of the bass slam.

Mid
                Vocal is a little bit forward for me. For sure, Mid is not congested in Deca with a stock cable. (I feel that Roxanne without proper 3rd party cable sounds congested in Mid) It sounds very open and clear.

Treble
                Treble is not harsh in Deca. I find it smooth and non-fatigue with a very high precision and detail.

Comparison

Deca vs Roxanne
                Both of them sound similar but Deca has a better dynamic presentation of the sound. They both have similar size of soundstage. Bass in Roxanne has more rumble and punches due to its adjustability. Deca mid is more forward than Roxanne. This makes vocal songs sound better in Deca.

Final Thought
                Due to a better dynamic presentation of the sound in Deca, I prefer to use Deca for Jazz, Classic, and Piano songs. However, I prefer Roxanne over Deca for Pop, Rock songs. This doesn’t mean Deca doesn’t shine when it comes to Pop and Rock songs. Deca is still good with those songs. Lastly, I would say Deca is one of the best sounding IEM that I’ve ever heard. It could be one of the end-game IEM for you.

Sound 5/5
    Value 5/5 with the introduction promo || 4.5/5 for full price
    Build 5/5
    Aesthetic 4/5 (Should have more color chart and design shown on the website)

Source

RWAK240, Perfect Seal Deac with Effect Audio Heracles 2pin, JH Roxanne with Effect Audio Heracles 4pin with bass adjuster.

****Hope you guys enjoy my first review****
    I welcome all feedback that you guys might have for my review. Feedbacks will help me improve how I write my review.
      proedros likes this.

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!