Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
szore
They handle power very well, too.
drftr
I read the review mostly because you wrote it as I'm settled for now 🤣 so I didn't know what their price was at all. Now, from reading the review only I would have guessed they would be in the 3 grand ballpark. But apparently they are not. At all. So either they hit enormously above their mark or, as a heads up for future reviews, you should consider adding a short comparison with other IEMs to make more clear on what level they really play. Third option would be to state the price right in the beginning so that readers know it's all relative. Really, it's so well written and full of enthusiasm that if you read the review again yourself and pretend you don't know what they cost you would consider them to be way more expensive.

Scuba Devils
@drftr - thanks for the feedback... I actually completely forgot to include the price, I usually do, editing now! I'll probably add comparisons in the coming days too - short on time.
armstrj2
armstrj2
Great review. Love all the details in the listening impressions. Not sure what IEMs you'd compare Szlayi to? Not too many sets with this driver configuration around for an apples to apples to comparison.
Scuba Devils
@armstrj2 - thank you! yeah definitely tricky, I've nothing comparable really - Moonlight close in price and while sold, I can remember enough high level... maybe 😜
szore
I think thats part of what makes the SZA great, its unique. Nothing else sounds quite like it!
Absolutely!
drbluenewmexico
drbluenewmexico
BGGAR , Chris, bought a set to review, but found them too large to fit right. I suggested to him he see if they would make him a custom pair and he will look into it. Also mentioned if you spin the SZA 90/degrees after ear placement it can fit better, which solved that issue for me and gave me excellent fit and sound with AElastic tips.
cn11
cn11
Scuba -- just a fantastic review! Well done. Your review made front page feature material! Congrats.
szore
Great review, very articulate and clear. Yes, I agree. I only use the Szalayi at home on the desktop. When given enough power these IEMs become bionic.
Hinomotocho
Have you by chance heard the original Oriolus Oriolus or V2 (same but reshelled)? They were a satisfying replacement for my XBA-Z5 when I had fit issues them, but since getting my WM1Z I don't like the pairing. These sub bass sounds appealing on these.
Scuba Devils
Thanks for the comments, much appreciate the feedback!

@Hinomotocho - no I haven't heard either unfortunately. Yes source pairing really can make a massive difference to IEM synergy.
Onik
Onik
Why blue? made in xhina?
Hinomotocho
I used to choose gear based on brand, features, general brand signature, but now as I've experienced higher tiers and spent too much time here it's become such a delicate fine line between great synergy and not. Possibly it was the IER-Z1R signature that steered my ears away from the Oriolus but I swear that the subtle difference between the WM1A and 1Z was a big factor.
R
royiko
How's the soundstage compare to mest2 or other iems?
szore
Better than the Mest IMHO, or anything else, not only is it huge and coherent and majestic, but its layered and 3D holographic. It is unique-nothing else I ever heard sounds like it. It's 'multi dimensional, like a SS within a SS
gadgetgod
gadgetgod
Interesting writeup!! This IEM intrigues me so much, actually, the brand itself intrigues me so much. I had the pleasure to audition their Isabellae once too(used to love it).
H
HifiBBQ
This sounds very interesting indeed! You had the Moonlight right?. How would you compare them?
Scuba Devils
@HifiBBQ - Moonlight is more balanced and somewhat reference tuned - I would say SZA is more of a 'fun' set which big bass focus. I ultimately had some midrange glare issues with Moonlight which led me to sell - a great set otherwise, but I have heard some others say the same - it was only occassional, but ultimately enough for me not to hold on... I must check actually if I updated my review to reflect that.
H