Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
kleefurd
Flown for the first time with the PM-3s, and it turned out to be quite disappointing. Maybe it is just that I am so used to IEMs or noise cancelling (Parrot Zik) headphones, but the PM-3 really didn't make the cut for me. The noise from the engines caused all sorts of havoc in the cans, and the music turned so thin it was horrible. Even a $50 pair of UIEM would likely beat the sound quality of the PM-3 in the cabin. Sigh... I am sure the PM-3 would do relatively well in the subway or a public bus (maybe, don't quote me). But for air travel, it has disappointed me. I am going back to my custom LEAR for air travel.

This does not mean I don't love the PM-3s anymore, just that they are better off in a quieter environment. At some point I will go out with a noise meter to get the max level before the cans goes bananas.

Bottom line, not all closed cans are created equal. Some are designed to be used in noisier environments than others. The PM-3 is not one of those that excel in noisy places.

More to come....
kleefurd
Surprise, surprise... though I enjoy the various "colors" I get with different set ups at home and on the move, it turned out that a direct connection to the Apple iPod Nano (7th Gen) is the "perfect-est" match for me. It really sound strangely good. Well at least I am really enjoying it.

Those who have the PM-3 should give it a try, and I would love to hear what you feel about the PM-3s + iPod Nano. Something about the circuits in that small little iPod that just worked with the PM-3 for me.

Interesting discovery.

Oh, just thought that the match I dislike most is through the RME UCX audio interface at "+4 output" setting. Somewhat the low mids disappear, but it doesn't sound clinical at all. Just a little weak on the headphone amp section of the interface, I suppose.
all999
all999
Thanks for your impressions. I don't have any amp now, but PM-3's pairing really well with Note and suprisengly good with iPod Touch 5g.