Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
goldendarko
goldendarko
Great review, the only thing I don't totally agree with is the treble emphasis bit, I actually find them a bit laid back in the treble department, but maybe that's compared to brighter headphones
Stillhart
Stillhart
Interesting.  I was reading your review and, based on your comments on the PM-1/2 and K7XX, I can tell you prefer a much warmer sound than me.  This puts your comments on the "bright" treble into better perspective for me.

Very nice review, thanks!
money4me247
money4me247
really like the measurement-orientated approach. personally I do agree more with tyll's measurements on how these headphones sound in terms of overall balance, but a personalized measurements really do give an objective reference point for what you are hearing. I think differences in headphone background can lead to relatively different usage of some of these audiophile terms as well. overall, very well-written & very enjoyable review! Would love to follow more of your work :)
reddog
reddog
A great review, very informative, especially like use of charts, that help objectify the sound signature of the PM-3.
YtseJamer
YtseJamer
Great review sir!
hans030390
Regarding treble emphasis, a lot of this will come down to personal tastes, mental processing, and physical characteristics (i.e. your ear shape will affect how you hear these). Very hard to always match up subjective impressions, hence why I write my reviews and take measurements the way I do to emphasize my POV. My hope is that you'll be able to figure out what I like and how I hear things and correlate that with what you do/don't like or do/don't hear. But, yes, a lot of people do like a brighter sound than I do and don't necessarily hear it as bright. Lots of factors to consider...
hans030390
Oh, let's not also forget possible product variation (I get the impression OPPO is consistent, but you never know until you test a lot of units), various source differences, what other sort of headphones you're used to and comparing it with, how one defines "bass" and "treble" in a particular frequency range, different music choices, etc. Lots of things to keep in mind, but don't get too wrapped up in it or worry about differing opinions too much.
HarleyZK
HarleyZK
Great review as usual, I hear them as you do with the treble emphasis. I feel I may be one of the few on here who feel this way about them.
hans030390
Oops, also forgot to mention age and associated hearing loss over time as another possible aspect to consider. I know I'm not the youngest around here, but I've met many much older than me.

Thanks for the comments, guys!
ELPCU
ELPCU
Thanks for review, but dude, one thing is WRONG. Yes, I mean wrong. not 'disagree'

The earpads are removable. It takes some forces to disassemble pad, and re-assemble mechanism is little bit awkward, but the earpads are clearly removeable. Check this out. I just got my PM-3, and photo from it ​ https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgsgy1fvd8i2lca/2015-04-22%2012.39.48.jpg?dl=0