From Norse Audio:
- UP-OCC mono crystal LITZ stranded copper, the purest copper available in the best layout to eliminate skin effect
- 22 awg, the perfect amount of copper for tonal neutrality
- Modified type 2/4 layout, what we find as the best possible litz layout resulting in ultimate performance.
- Very high strand count and super fine stranding (less than half the thickness of an average human hair each strand)
- Cotton outer jacket (beneficial dielectric properties)
- Symmetrical and established high angle crossing self-shielding braid
- Feather light weight, unparalleled comfort and near complete lack of microphonics.
- High end connectors and high end solder is the standard
- All solder points are heavily cleaned with special solution before and after soldering.
- Connector pins are treated with cleaner/protectant prior to packaging.
- All of our new Litz Norn series headphone cables come with a logo debossed brown velour bag to keep your cable safe when traveling or when not in use.
The development of this new wire has been a lengthy process, but well worth the effort. Norse Audio is extremely proud of this new design and we feel that it will speak for itself. The wire is completed entirely by the manufacturer, including the weaving of the outer cotton jacket. In combination with our efficient business model we are thus able to bring our cable at more beneficial price points to the customer. Our unique exotic wood splitter adds that finishing touch and creates a beautiful and unique cable in all aspects.