The MP-301 MK2 is the upgraded version of the previous MP-301. The circuit and components have been redesigned and upgraded.
Here is the list of improvements:
1. The output power is increased to 6.5W (Class A single ended).
2. The power transformer is larger and uses better Z11/M6 EI core.
3. It supports more powerful 6L6 and EL34.
4. The pre-amp tubes have been upgraded to 6SJ7 (6J8P).
5. Two pairs of RCA inputs with switch are added.
6. 24K Gold plated RCA terminals and speaker terminals have been upgraded to higher grade ones.
7. Headphone plug is moved to the front.
8. A manual speaker and headphone switch is added, so the users do not need to unplug the headphone whenever they want to use speakers.
9. Output transformers (OPT) are upgraded to slightly larger and better Z11/M6 EI cores. The internal wiring of the OPT is also upgraded to provide better low and high frequency responses.
10. The chassis is upgraded with aluminum alloy face and back plates.
11. Coupling Caps are upgraded to higher grade WIMA and RIFA MKP.
12. Cathode caps are upgraded from Nippon to big blue Philips BC.
13. Cathode resisters are also upgraded to Dale Military Grade. Made in USA.
14. A choke is added.
* One amplifier supports 6L6 (6P3P), 5881 and EL34.
* Auto biasing design that eliminates manual adjustment.
* Class A Single Ended; Super low negative feedback.
* It comes with NOS 6P3P (6L6) and 6J8P (6SJ7)
* Built with high grade genuine components.
(US Vishay Dale resistors. Red WIMA MKP 10, RIFA 420, Rubycon, Philips BC and Nichicon capacitors.)
* 24K gold plated input and output terminals.
* Transformers are made with oxygen free copper wire and Japanese Z11/M6 Nickel core.