Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
EpicPie
Great review, puts mine to shame. haha
MalVeauX
It's definitely a fun headphone. For $20, it blows away a lot of other headphones for sound. It's pads left me wanting, as I'm spoiled with velour, but if someone was on a budget and wanted some headphones that sounded great but could easily be run over by a car and no one would care, these would be those headphones.
EpicPie
Did you try any music suggestions I made with your pair?

Also, since you mentioned velour. I'm on a hunt for some replacement velour pads that could fit these cans. haha
MalVeauX
I had Bassnectar, Petrucci, etc. The others I had to YouTube, so the quality was questionable. Otherwise, tested in lossless what I listed here to cover all bases from top to bottom in sound ability.
I think changing to velour would change their sound significantly. Probably lose quite a bit of bass, but only one way to find out. Now... finding velours that cost less than the headphones is the challenge.
EpicPie
Yes, yes it is. I wouldn't mind the loss in bass. I got velours for my AKG K81's and I don't mind the bass loss at all as I still find them to have to much bass. lol
EpicPie
Also, do you have a picture of your monoprice cans with the HP541 sticker on them?
Dsnuts
Dsnuts
Two thumbs up from me.!!!
BehaCepa
BehaCepa
Great review, happy to say my pair is on the way. Thanks for the recommendation!
acenima
acenima
awesome review :)
Architeuthis
Architeuthis
Thank you, appreciate your willingness to buy for comparison purposes.
The model number shown at MonoPrice is MEP-839(?).
This would be my first decent headphone....I've tried to buy a pair of used Alessandro MS1-i for $85. but no luck.
Thanks again...
Pacorrin
Pacorrin
Oh great, another phone I am buying!
Great review Malveaux.
Assimilator702
Assimilator702
Nice review.....you've sparked my interest and these will be my next buy after I let the newness of my CKM50's wear off.....
alexandran88
alexandran88
wonderful review!!! i almost bought these but i think i need the tectonic plate moving kind of bass in my head phones but It is good to know where these stand
EventVista
EventVista
Thanks for the great review. After reading this a few months back it inspired me to purchase a pair of the monoprice headphones. I have been very pleased with the sound quality. I did have a problem where one of the plastic components that hold the right headphone to the headband broke and made them unusable, but monoprice was quick to send me a new pair. How can you complain about that, great sound, inexpensive, and the company totally stands behind their product? Good stuff!
jazh23
jazh23
Hi, nice review, which one is better for PC games between the monoprice and the panasonic RP-HTF600??? I want to, comfort, clear sound and reliability.

I prefer the CAL! and the samson SR850, but I have just $50 for expend. In advance, thanks.