Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
YtseJamer
YtseJamer
Great review sir, I agree with you
superuser1
superuser1
Great review Pinky. I wish i could articulate as eloquently as you how much i love the 99s and how grateful i am to you for suggesting them to me.
:D  "Metaphorical kittens are severed to the Gods"
PinkyPowers
My pleasure. This is a headphone that's giving us both a lot of happiness.
flinkenick
flinkenick
Always entertaining to read Pinky.
Suwarna
Suwarna
Thanks for wonderful review !! One question, do original plug still fit with those customs double helix 3d printed mod installed ?
PinkyPowers
Good question. I had to check just now, and yes, yes it does. The original cables snaps into place just fine.
BloodyPenguin
BloodyPenguin
Great review!  And that custom cable is fantastic, I  ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ need one!
HungryPanda
HungryPanda
Excellent review Pinky
Malfunkt
Malfunkt
Thanks for the review Pinky, especially as I can relate having the LCD2.
sloowhand
sloowhand
Mine are in the mail! The waiting is killing me!
Bansaku
Bansaku
Great review; Very organic! Envious of the cable though! :p
br4lin
br4lin
Great review with killer pictures!
Ray3rd
Ray3rd
Great review. I fell in love with them at CanJam NYC. Awesome cans especially for the price !
PinkyPowers
@Bansaku you cracked the cipher of the title! I award you one life. You have but to name a soul, and I shall take it for you.
sabloke
sabloke
Great review! You're wrong about PM-3 though, they're great on the go with an LG V20 and amazing with Mojo. I own both the PM-3 and the Classics and there are days when the woodies don't get much love because of the Oppos.I love them both though :)
PinkyPowers
That's expected. I haven't heard the PM-3 yet, so I was just going by what I'd read. Not an overly reliable means for one to draw conclusions, I admit.
Music freak
Music freak
Nice review. I agree with you mostly.
When I compared the 99 classics against the HD 650, I found the 650 in another league. The 650 has higher resolution, the sound is more detailed, better textured and separated. Even the closed back DT 150 that sounds like the HD 650 beats the classics 99 by a fair margin.
Although, the classics are really musical sounding cans that can put other portables to shame, it can't compete against the HD 650s..
fiascogarcia
fiascogarcia
Good review Pinky!  Informative and entertaining!
krumley7882