Koss UR-10 Closed-ear Design Stereo Headphones

1. pro1137
    Decent budget cans
    Written by pro1137
    Published Dec 16, 2012
    Pros - Seems very sturdy, not tinny
    Cons - Headband is quite uncomfortable
    I honestly don't even know why I got these. But I did.

For $7, these are very nice, closed, on-ear headphones. I haven't really seen a pair this cheap that has anything other than cheap foam earpads. It still surprises me.
    Frequency Response - 60Hz - 20KHz
    Isolation - These isolate pretty well, astonishingly. Of course they fail in comparison to more expensive on-ear and over-ear headphones, but for what they are, they isolate well.

Comfort - Eh. Earpads are nice, but the headband is pretty uncomfortable. Hurts my head after about 15-30 minutes.

Sound - Most of what these produce is generally muffled, but sound much better than some other headphones I've heard in this price.

Highs - Just 'there'. Nothing too special, but much better sounding than some other cheap headphones like these.

Mids - Recessed, but not really that bad.

Bass - Decent. There's a good bass impact from these, even though the lowest frequency these produce is 60Hz,

Soundstage - Nonexistent.

Overall - These are overall good cans for the extreme-budget users. Good for portable use. Durability seems top-notch for the price. Sound is decent as a whole. Padding for the headband should be considered for extra comfort. Would recommend.