JVC HA-RX500 Full-Size High-Quality Headphones

3.5/5,
  • 40MM NEODYMIUM DRIVER; EAR-DIRECT STRUCTURE; TWIST-ACTION STRUCTURE; CUSHIONED HEADBAND

Recent Reviews

1. Alexikor
    Great Starter Headphones
    Written by Alexikor
    Published Jun 26, 2015
    3.5/5,
    Pros - Low cost, admirable sound quality, durable hardware
    Cons - Chintzy frame construction, can be uncomfortable if worn for hours at a time, little noise-cancellation
    The JVC HA-RX500 is a bundle of joy. It offers impressive sound quality at a low price. The cord and overall hardware of the headphones is durable, but the frame of headphones feels cheap and occasionally creaks when you are wearing them. I've had these headphones for three years, and they're still going strong after surviving multiple falls from my desk. The cord has survived being run-over by a vacuum cleaner. The only part of the headphones which degrades quickly is the foam padding which is enclosed by a thin layer of faux leather. I would honestly recommend these headphones to teenagers because they're durable, inexpensive, and have a good sound quality.

I'm the not the best for sound quality, but in my experience, these headphones are biased towards lower frequencies, but they can still project higher frequencies. I've played everything from Lil' Wayne to Vivaldi's Four Seasons through them. They offer little sound insulation, but to improve this, I've stuffed cotton balls between the foam padding and driver unit.

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!