JH Audio's new Flagship CIEMs featuring FreqPhase and SoundrIVe technologies.

Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEM

Average User Rating:
4.4/5,
  • JH Audio's new Flagship CIEMs featuring FreqPhase and SoundrIVe technologies.

Recent User Reviews

1. HanyTheo
    3.5/5,
    "HanyTheo- Outstanding yet, not so worth it"
    Pros - Unreal Bass punch,
    Cons - poor fit, comfort, a little veiled treble
    Isolation is excellent with the spinfit tips, Bass response is just like no other I've ever tried, it almost literally blows you away with the punch and quick decay. prolly a little too punchy. but at $1350 i paid i expected a lot more from this iem. theres nothing special in the midrange n treble. midrange esp vocals is not rich/lush enough for my taste. treble is just a plain veiled boredom. imaging is average. I rather pay for a c6iem at half the price which offers similar sound signature n overall technicalities
    aafanatic and rulsboris like this.
  2. Danz03
    "The perfect reference IEM"
    Pros - The full frequency range is there, with nothing missing, according to my ears
    Cons - Bulkiness (but then there are 12 BA drivers per side), Cost (but then if they are the best)
    I have to say, when I first saw them, 12 bands per driver! Isn't that a bit over the top? But after listening to a demoed pair for just 5 mins with my iPod, I bought a pair, they are really that good! I got the AKR03 version though, not sure if they are the same as the JH Audio version.

IMG_0048s.jpg
  3. ag8908
    "Jaw droppingly good for an IEM, better than the SE846 and IE800"
    Pros - Everything (for an IEM)
    Cons - Nothing yet (for an IEM), except the price
    So when I got my HD800, they were so good from the first hour with every song and genre, when compared to other top tier flagship headphones, that I wrote a quick review to give them a no brainer five stars and then filled that review in slowly. Same deal here. These are getting close to the resolution, spatials and sound quality of a good full sized headphone. Not quite there yet -- for example, they're not as detailed, e.g., as my HD800 driven by a Burson Conductor ES9018, and they're similarly noticeably deficient in other respects when compared to a proper full sized -- but they're better than other high end IEMs in this respect, such as the Shure SE846 and IE800. I'll add more to this later, but basically right now every dimension of sound is better with these. Detail, spatials, treble (although these have a warmer sound signature than those other two), mids, bass (the SE846 has good sub-bass, but the Roxanne's bass is better defined; yes, there's detail in bass), balance between the frequencies, everything  . . .

On comfort, they are definitely big (maybe twice the size of the SE846 in terms of volume? and much much bigger than the IE800) but I am having no problems whatsoever fitting them and so on. They're like the SE846 in that respect (but not as good as the IE800, which are super easy to pop in and out).

Edit1: They're clearly "warm" on the frequency scale, sort of like an Audeze LCD2. So if you want a bright headphone you may not like these. This is true even if you turn the bass all the way down (which you do via two screws on the line, one for the left ear and the other for the right ear). If I were designing them, I would have moved them a tad bit up on the frequency chart, but I can't criticize JH for that decision since you can't please everyone on the warm/neutral/bright debate. Note this is very slightly exacerbated if you move from the rubber/silicone type tips to the comply foam tips, which create a super air-tight seal and thus magnify the bass (and consequently cause you to perceive less treble).

Edit2: If you like the fact that IEMs put the music right  in your head, and you don't like the way full-sized headphones create some imagined distance between you and the sound, then you won't like these. It occurs to me that some people might like that closed in feel of a traditional IEM. It's a little odd listening to an IEM that presents music in this way.

User Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!