Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
CT007
CT007
I guess I just turn down PC volume, so I can use whatever hardware volume knob range I want. Low gain for IEM, high gain for the pre-amp to speakers.
RikudouGoku
@CT007 Yes, you can avoid the problem that way. But it is still a problem that requires a 3rd party fix.
holsen
holsen
I dont knnow, man. I love this AMP with every iem (including the P1) that has been in my stable and every IEM I currently own. I can dial the volume in just fine with every single IEM I own. The fact that a very rarely have to go beyond 9:00 or 10:00 in low gain - is a selling point. It mean I've got a crap ton of headroom for whatever comes next. For $99 I'm ok with the plastic body because I cant hear plastic; its the internals that give me plenty of clean output. I'd dont find it bright, neutral would be my description. Cant really agree with your statement that DACs make no difference either. But that's why we are all entitled to our own opinions. My opinion is that Atom Amp is one of the highest value components discussed here on Head-Fi. I've got lots of expensive gear all over my home and have looked at other HP Amps, even prepared to buy one, but cant really justify the purchase with what I get out of my Atom.:sunglasses:
Reactions: Ronion
RikudouGoku
@holsen Your listening volume is a lot higher than I use then.

As for my DAC statement, I have tried different dacs using the JDS ol switch which enables me to switch between 2 sources instantly. With that test, I could not tell a single difference from the Topping E30 dac vs any of my other ones like the LG G7, Fiio M11 and the Ibasso DX160.
Darkestred
Darkestred
I havent had an issues with the volume knob and i can see where you are coming from with volume. Its like 1/4 turn increases the volume a step.

Havent had any issues for my usage. Goes loud enough when i want and perfect for a more relaxed listen.

I only listen to iems