Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
MLGrado
MLGrado
Thanks!  Excellent review!  I am currently trying out the Uptone Regen, but I also have the original iFi iUSB, the new iPower 9v PS, and the two headed iFi Gemini cable.  Rather than spending several hundred to upgrade to the new iUSB Micro 3.0, I believe adding an iPurifier 2 with its Regenerate and Reclock hub along with the aforementioned iPower 9v will elevate the original iUSB to the level of the latest iUSB 3.0.

So I will soon  be evaluating the iFi setup against the Uptone Regen, and I might go ahead and purchase a Wyred 4 Sound Recovery, too.  That may be the best for my system synergy, actually, since my current Dac is a Wyred 4 Sound DAC-1 LE
boblauer
boblauer
Thanks for the very in depth and technical review. My chain at home includes an AudioQuest Jitterbug thru a Pangea .5 meter USB to the iPurifier 2 into a iDSD nano and onto my amp. I might ask if subjectively you think the iUSB might be a stronger solution not only for clean power but if the iPurifier 2 could handle all the jitter reduction that is currently done via Jitterbug and iPurifier 2 together? Only I can decide if the value is there changing a small dollar item(AQJB) for the iUSB but if on paper improvements and no degradation occur it might well be. Thanks again.
Marc Lian
Do any of you realize all of the music that you listen to was made without a "purifier" in the USB chain and yes a lot of music have been passed through USB during production. So if USB is really imperfect shouldn't these audio pros take note and use these but yet they don't? Why is that? Snake oil.
LajostheHun
LajostheHun
oh boy, LOL P.T. Barnum was right.
Toom
Toom
Get some ear wax removal drops. Save a fortune compared to this nonsense.
fradoca
fradoca
Well i'm an audio mastering engineer.I do audio mastering since 1996.
I do check my earing every year.I've done some blind tests and i don't consider the iPurifier2 snake oil at least in my studio.
There's a lot of ignorance on how music is recorded today.Only a small percenage of today music is recorded through usb.A lot of studio still use aes ebu spdif or firewire.To boblauer you don't need the iUSB if your dac has a self-powered usb port.
amigastar
amigastar
I'm confused is it Snake Oil or not? Some people say it is, seems like i have to try it for myself.
Oh and sorry but i'm not a big fan of reviews who use "we" as a reviewer disposition.
Marc Lian
To fradoca, I have been producing music for over a decade and have been recording with various USB audio interfaces. My work is commercial, it's on radio, tv, Spotify, you name it and I do not own this piece of gear. My music sounds just fine and many millions of listeners agree too. This is 100% snake oil. If you need to prove my credibility please PM me for links to my music and see my body of work.