Geekfly GF8S

Headphoneus Supremus
Geekfly GF8S TWS
Pros: TWS set utilizing a tribrid formula. Bluetooth 5.0. Easy to use, charge, convenience on the go. Medium sized shell very ergonomic and comfortable to use for hours. Musical well balanced tuning with excellent cohesion, full range dynamic punchy deep reaching rumbly bass to detailed crisp extended treble notes. Good passive isolation. Sound amplification with an internal class A amplification chip. Amazing 50 plus ft of connection indoors, 100 plus ft outdoors. 5 hours of use on a single charge. Shockingly better sounding than a lot of wired sets. Extends the battery life of players since the GF8S will not use your internal amplification. It has its own.
Cons: Limited to AAC codec, limited tip selection. No ANC
Unknown company will probably go unnoticed by many.
Geekfly GF8S Bluetooth 5.0 TWS earphones.
DSC08174.JPG
So I am an admitted noob when it comes to TWS earphones. I have some wireless dongles I have used in the past but my experience with such devices is very limited as I always assumed bluetooth phones would never sound as good as their wired counterparts. But as all things in our hobby, there are advancements in sound design regardless of being wireless or not. The Geekfly GF8S is not only my first real TWS unit I have reviewed but also one that I can honestly say sounds fantastic even if it is wireless.
DSC08176.JPG
I would like to thank Penon audio for the review sample. I consider all review samples the rightful owners are the folks that provide them. This is my take on the Geekfly GF8S. You can read up on them more on their website here and or purchase a set for you here.
DSC08178.JPG
GF8S comes in a smaller box with an included cradle for the ear pieces which houses the GF8s for instant charging when not in use. A USB-C charging cord, 3 sets of silicones. Standard connection to bluetooth devices is easy. In my case I have been using them on my Fiio M15 and my LG cell phone and it was easy enough to connect without too much fuss. Once you have the ear pieces paired, your player or phone will recognize the GF8S. As per instructions you have some controls of your music by tapping on the ear pieces for next track, previous track, volume control, pause and included mic turns on or off automatically when on a call. I had some struggles with the controls initially as it did not seem to work perfectly at first, however after some practice it was fairly responsive. After getting used to the controls it becomes 2nd nature and intuitive to use.
DSC08177.JPG
Passive isolation is what is used on the GF8s which is above average due to housing 3 sets of drivers and the electronics involved in a fairly compact medium sized shell. So not bad isolation considering it does not have ANC. The housing cradle has two slots for the ear pieces and will charge them both when closed. The cradle itself uses a USB C to charge it with a light that indicates the level of charge. Cradle holds a larger 800mA battery and the ear pieces are supporting a much smaller yet efficient 70mA battery. I did get some solid battery time using the ear pieces and never once did I use it long enough for them to run out of battery. It is stated that the ear pieces will last a good 5 hours on a single charge; this seems to be roughly what I am getting in real world usage. The other stand out feature of the GF8S is that it has some stout signal. I can leave my Fiio M15 playing on my desk in my office and I can move about my larger 4,000sq ft home and never have it cut out on me even when I go down to the basement or into the corner room upstairs. I am guessing the signal indoors to be solid 50-60ft of signal without the phones cutting out and this is through rooms and walls. Outdoors is another matter easily doubling that of indoor spaces to 100ft or roughly 33 yards. These are perfect for cutting the grass with basically which I actually used them for.
DSC08183.JPG
Wireless sonics.
GF8S is intriguing as it is using 3 types of drivers in the mix: a titanium-plated 7mm dynamic doing bass, one full range composite BA handling the mids to the lower high frequencies and a dual 14 layer piezoelectric ceramic tweeter reaching upper treble to 40khz. According to the sales page, it utilizes an internal class A amplification for maximum sonics on the go. I don't know how many tribrid formulas are out there in TWS land but this driver mix is certainly more intriguing.

Sound has excellent balancing with a slightly warmer tilt in tone to the sonics due to the outstanding punchy bass of the GF8S with a slight forward mid range. An ambient fuller smooth mid range and some clean crispy precise extended treble. These don't sound anything like how I thought wireless earphones should sound. In fact I was very surprised just how dynamic and full range the sound was. The bold sound of the GF8S is a perfect companion for media lovers on your phones as sound that they emit is immediate, clear, full bodied and immersive. Not a huge movie watcher on my phone but the GF8S was perfect for movie streaming and the occasional gaming on the go. Vocals for the mic was tested with my family and my voice comes in loud and clear according to my wife. GF8s sound superb for vocal clarity and general ease of use on a phone.
DSC08185.JPG
Dual Piezoelectric ceramic tweeters I have heard before from several wired earphones, LZ-A7, NiceHCK NX7 MK3, BQEYZ Springs to name a few, so I knew what to expect. The implementation on the GF8S is seamless and does not tend to stand out. I believe the mids and treble was done with the single composite BA and then the upper treble portion done with the layers of piezoelectric tweeters. This configuration is interesting as it helps bring about a crisp detailed treble note which enhances the sonic ability to pick off minute details on the go. Treble overall is well executed and while not the most natural of tonalities for treble. It does a fine job to mimic a higher end detailed treble tuning using this configuration. No complaints really about the treble of these in fact it compliments this full bodied sound signature extremely well with very good extension and clarity for the treble. No weird spikes or roll off was detected on my end and treble sounds crisp airy and while not the most detailed treble I have heard it is surprising how capable the treble end is on these. It has to be one of the better Piezoelectric infused trebles I have heard surprisingly complete airy sounding treble notes besting a lot of the wired versions I have reviewed.
DSC08179.JPG
Mids implementation using a single composite BA shows ample clarity, body and definition for a wireless set with excellent well balanced slightly mid forward mid range. Vocals and instruments sound fantastic since the BAs full strength lies in the mid bands and I can tell the GF8S takes full advantage of each drivers strengths here.Music comes full on with a thicker/bolder than average note weight, possibly due to the amplification and I feel this musical tuning is perfectly suited for wireless applications as the last thing you want is a thin boring sound on the go. The tuning does vocals justice for both male and female vocals with its full bodied, rich mids section and therefore perfect for watching movies and listening to podcasts on the go. I think the internal amplification here helps project this sound as it does sound like the sound is being amped at all times. Very cool for a bluetooth earphone to have its own amplification in my book.
DSC08175.JPG
Bass is where these earphones are stout. These are not bass shy by any means in fact going along with the musical presentation of the GF8S. You gotta have some stout bass. The Titanium plated dynamic these are using is showing every bit what a Titanium plated dynamic can do. I recently reviewed another earphone using a larger 10mm version of this type of dynamic and those had some crazy stout bass in the Reecho SG-03.
The GF8S has some outstanding punchy and deep rumbling potent bass. I was genuinely surprised these had the bass response of wired sets and again that internal amplification seems to really excell the sonics forward for the GF8s. What you are getting is an amplified bass note. But don't mistake this bass with an overbearing fatiguing mid bass hump of lesser sounding IEMS these are well controlled, speedy tight and while it has an enthusiastic amount of bass emphasis it is nowhere near bloat city or headache inducing. Musical bass is what I like to call it and it shows very good ability and has to be the best bass presentation and ideal for on the go. It is true that ambient noise will drown out a bit of bass end for any earphone you're listening to so these have the ideal emphasis for out in public. In real world usage the bass sounds more balanced to the mids and treble end more so than being overly forward. So the sound designers of the GF8S definitely field tested these to maximize sonics on the go.
DSC08181.JPG
One negative of the sonic quality is that since it is being amped at all times there is little if any headroom for the sonics meaning you can’t really tweak the sound to your liking more than what it is portraying. I suppose you can add a bit of EQ to shape the sound but it does sound like the sonics are being pushed to their limits in the sound presentation. However what is there is a good one and very immersive for what it is and that is what is amazing to me. These don't sound anything like what I thought a wireless earphone could sound like. They sound more like a fully realized wired set to my ears and with amplification on top of it. This was probably the reason why I stayed away from wireless earphones as I had this bias of them thinking there is no way the sound quality of such devices can be as good as my wired sets.

The Geekfly GF8S has proven to me that I was completely wrong. I know this is a company you may not have heard but for me, its strong signal, ease of use, ample battery life, and most of all it’s outstanding dynamic full bored sound makes them a good deal at their asking price. These are literally the perfect companion to cell phones especially if you enjoy a punchy full sound when listening or watching media on your phones. If these had ANC it would have been even better but I do believe they made up for it by implementing an amplified sound for on the go. Geekfly may not be a household name and these seem to be their first wireless offering. These are worth considering as they sound stupendously musical and full bodied for on the go and I couldn't ask for a better sounding unit for when I am out and about. Thanks for reading and as always happy listening.
Last edited:
cqtek
cqtek
As always, it is a pleasure to read your point of view, also because you add different appreciations that enrich the review.
Thanks for the review.

On the other hand, it's strange that the same device could have been added twice... xDDDDD

By the way, this TWS is very good, don't think they are all like that. I had to chew a lot of sand to get to these.
Reactions: Dsnuts
Dsnuts
I was lazy and didn't search out your review and put it on there. These are genuinely surprising how good they sound. I have been posting about them in the wireless thread. They remind me of the a sound signature similar to a mix between the ISN H40 and the BQEYZ Spring earphones.
Reactions: cqtek