Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
C
Codename john
Great review. I have the a4000 which has the best soundstage and imaging I've heard in its price range and above.
Hooga
I have them too, and going to publish a review shortly. I do concur on your note about stage and imaging on those, which immersive sensation is also helped by mids being recessed in comparison to A3000's - which in the flip side makes A4000 an even more "vertical" choice in terms of tastes. I love both, but that's my taste - I reckon not so many will :)
C
Codename john
They are not for everyone. I absolutely adore the 4000. I was thinking about getting the 3000. Is it worth it? What are the differences?
J
jmwant
Such a well written and detailed one. The only thing that's keeping me from getting these are they might not suit my music preference.
@Codename john
I'm working on an article about A4000.
Very simplistically put: A4000 is U shaped, A3000 is sharply W, A3000's mids are "flat forward" vs A4000. Also, A4000's trebles are also airier.
With A4000 final is "showing off" its ability to delivery brightness without any of the usual chifi downsides
With A3000 the show is centered on "natural sounding"
If you "adore" A4000 as you say I imagine you like lean mids in general, then I reckon you might have a risk to find A3000 a tad "artificial" there in the middle.
Oppositely, while I do find A4000 totally stunning for its clarity, I also find it a tad excessively "luminious" for me.