EarStudio HE100 High-Resolution Earphones

1. NymPHONOmaniac
    Revealing and coherent: Earstudio go reference
    Written by NymPHONOmaniac
    Published Oct 7, 2019
    Pros - Clear and accurate, sharp imaging, near perfectly neutral, delicate revealing and innofensive treble, transparent timbre
    Cons - Light bass, thin timbre, soft attack, cheap plastic mic, so-so cable that create microphonic
    EARSTUDIO HE100 REVIEW :
    P1040419.JPG

SOUND: 8.5/10
    CONSTRUCTION: 7.5/10
    DESIGN: 7/10
    ACCESSORIES: 7/10
    VALUE: 8/10

RADSONE EARSTUDIO
    have taken audiophile world by storm with their widely acclaimed ES100 Bluetooth receiver DAC-AMP that still is the very best ultra portable DAC-AMP on the market today. Since then, I have high admiration for this company that tend to do things differently.

When I read they were lauching a first earphones, I know it will not be similar to other in term of sound approach, but still, I was worry that as a smartphone company without any experience in iem, they play an audio game they do not have experience with.

Perhaps this explain why they collaborate with Korean earphones company SONICAST to achieve the level of sound quality they aim. After trying 20 different earphones under 200$, they fall in love with high definittion dynamic drivers of Sonicast Dirac earphones and use this very iem as the base for a differently tuned Earstudio iem that use a special 3 layers diaphragm dynamic drivers. The sound tuning they choose was one that will pair beautifully with the Radsone ES100 high quality sound delivering,wich is clear, vivid, neutral and detailed.

1 GSkkZDwmIdnV7yPLk9DKjg.png

The goal of Earstudio was to create a balanced, neutral and revealing iem that do not have particular emphasis peaks in any range so clarity of imaging can be considered as ‘’high definition’’.

To my ears, there no other iem on the market that have the special sound rendering of HE100, wich destabilize me at first and impress me later. For a first iem, this is a very mature sounding one that isn’t aimed for basshead but real serious audiophile.

Priced around 80$, even if construction will not impress you, I think the cohesive, articulate, clear yet innoffensive sound HE100 deliver will sure do.

Let’s see why in this review.

DISCLAIMER: I participate to Earstudio Giveaway contest here on headfi and be among lucky winners, so, in exchange, even if i'm not obligate to review the HE100, I feel its my duty to share my honnest impressions.

Specifications

• Product Type: Canal Type In-Ear Headphones
    • Driver Type: Dynamic
    • Sensitivity: 103 dB/mW
    • Frequency Response: 10-40,000 Hz
    • Impedance: 27 Ohm

ACCESSORIES, CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN :

P1040404.JPG P1040405.JPG

UNBOXING is well presented, but not particularly generous in term of accessories. We have the minimal wich is 3 pairs of silicone eartips, a cable clip and an little carrying pouch. More eartips would have been very appreciated.

P1040408.JPG P1040407.JPG P1040412.JPG

CONSTRUCTION is neither impressive or disapointing. Pretty common housing design wich numerous iem use but for 100$ I would have expect a full metal construction instead of part metal part plastic. As well, the cable is just okay, but the mic is really cheap looking and I don’t expect long durability with such ridiculous plastic material...this is the type of mic with one buton we will expect from a 5$ iem. I’m not a big fan of mic, but if there music control buton on it, I can find it a purpose, unfortunaly there none with this cable. I would prefer a non-mic version of HE100, or even better a MMCX version so we can use balanced cable with it to pair with our Radsone ES100.

P1040416.JPG

DESIGN isn’t the best as said, the mic cable is not really needed because if the HE100 are thinked to pair with ES100, well, we already have a mic on it. As well, the housing is design to be wear cable down but will create a high level of cable microphonic, so, to avoid this you ahve no choice but wear it over ear...wich do not feel very appropriate with the cable that tend to not stay in place. If whole cable was made with same nylon material, it would create less microphonic and be more maleable for wearing it around the ears.

ISOLATION is average but do not create lot of sound leakage due to closed back design.

P1040406.JPG
    DRIVEABILITY is a little capricious at 27ohm of impendance and 103db sensitivity, but it do not need crazy amping, any DAP or DAC-AMP like the Radsone ES100 will do well.

SOUND :

P1040420.JPG

OVERALL SOUND IMPRESSIONS was rather mitiged at first, as I find the HE100 mostly energic in upper region, the bass was too thin and mid range too linear for me. More I listen to it, more I get accustomed to the sound and discover to appreciate and understand it. Most of time I tend to like neutral sound, but i’m a thick timbre kinda guy, I like it meaty and textured, and when it can keep some level of transperent i’m very happy, the HE100 are very transperent, near diaphanous, but keep very impressive texture in timbre and an accurate tonality. This type of sound sure affect bass response and I think it can be explain by this very unique type of triple diaphragm drivers, my instinctive theory being that the back one is for bass, wich explain why it say in the back and feel tamed. But as you will understand, this first impression isn’t what the whole sound portrait offer.

SOUNDSTAGE is very wide and out of your head, it surround you and have a little hall like feel, everything is there tallnest, deepnest and widnest.

IMAGING is a fascinating mix transparent layers from low to mid and spacial accurary from upper mids to highs. Yep, where in a special kind of holographic presentation only this type of unique DD can offer.

BASS is a little recessed, sitting in the back of mids and highs with a disruptive softed but accurate clarity and texture, this is as if you put porous transparent layers above the bass that can still breath lively. This transparent layers do no cut completely the rumble or air lower bass can share, it just...keep it in background. Its gentle but full bodied bass, and I can even enjoy it with some electronic, I find it imprevisible to some extend, but well control and quite impressive. Mid bass hit is weighty, softed by mid-highs layers, and do not interfer with clarity. This is an introduction of how the HE100 is uniquely tuned.

MID RANGE is extremely transparent, slighlty dry in timbre, have great levely of clarity that benifit an accurate imaging that lack attack energy to gain in excitment. Its very flat, without notable mid region being shadowed, neither upper mids peak that would create sibilance. To fully enjoy this flat and soft midrange I need lot of ‘’brain burn in’’ wich at they end is rewarding for mature critical listening. Again, the HE100 offer a unique mid range tuning that impress by how gently articulate and revealing it is, its innoffensive yet very rewarding in transparence. The vocal have centered presentation that do not veil other sound layers, its a little thin in body and would not impress by singer proximity, but it isn’t what I would call recessed, just, well, flat and accurate. Audiophile target kinda mids.

TREBLE is delicate, quite natural and crisp. You will not struggle finding micro details wich will be well layered in spaciality. Percussions have good brilliance but not alot of decay, again, its a little thin and have hint of metallic tonalities to it, strangely, this help to give more presence to the highs. HE100 have an analytical approach to everything from 50hz to about 12khz, and after the treble is more polished wich give a mix of coldness and softed brightness to the sound, at they end, due to the delicate treble approach and excellent cohesion of sound, musicality is light and naturaly transparent.

SUB BASS : 7/10
    IMAGING : 9/10

COMPARAISONS :

VS AUDIOSENSE T300 (100$) :

P1040414.JPG

At first, i was thinking the HE100 sound darker and more congested, but that was just an illusion, in fact they sound clearer and less congested than the T300. SOUNDSTAGE of T300 is a little wider and more out of your head will the HE100 win in deepnest. IMAGING is perhaps more lively and holographic with the T300, but lack the precision of whole frequencies range of HE100 wich benifit for instrument placement accuracy. BASS is thicker, weightier and more punchy with the T300, as well its warmer, less accurate and do not dig as deep as the HE100 wich sound dryier but clearer and more controled. MID RANGE is again thicker and fuller sounding, with a smoother timbre for the T300 but more upper mids emphasis, here the HE100 is more refined, balanced and accurate but less exciting in attack and weight, anyway, you got more details in mid range with the HE100 because of a more stable tuning. TREBLE is more sparkly but less balanced with the T300, percussions can be a little splashy even if they sound fuller than more delicate and brilliant highs of HE100, wich make the T300 more agressive on top.
    All in all, we have extremely different iem here, T300 sound more muscular in attack and timbre, having a more fun and energic sound while the HE100 is the opposite, with more retained attack and bass, clearer mid range and more neutral and flat than beefy W shape sound of T300.

VS AKOUSTYX RE-210 (120$) :

P1040415.JPG

Like the T300, Akoustyx use a Knowles Balanced armature, tough its a single full range one while T300 have 3BA’s. Still, we can hear similarities between those that underline the serious difference in timbre and thickness with flatter HE300.
    SOUNDSTAGE is this time more wide and deep with HE300, with a sens of airyness the more intimate RE-210 lack. IMAGING benifit from this spacious sound as well as tamed attack with the HE100, offering clearer positioning but lacking is physical separation as if we look at a wall of sound instead of being in the middle like the RE-210. BASS is faster, tigher and way more weighty and punchy with the RE-210, but it lack buttom line extension of the HE100 wich do not warm lower mid range as the RE-210 do. For a reference targeted iem, RE-210 is notably more bassy than HE100. MID RANGE is clearer and leaner with HE100, again, its thinner in timbre and softer in attack but deliver wider definition and better accuracy, wich make the HE100 more a reference sounding iem that the RE-210. TREBLE is more emphased and foward with RE-210, but it do not have lore of decays and sparkle and sound harsher on top than the more delicate and relaxed HE100, wich in they end deliver a more detailed sound and easier to perceive high range even if more recessed.
    All in all, if your searching for a reference sound, skip the RE-210 and take the HE100, but if you want lively, punchy and agressive sound with weighty attack, the RE-210 will sound less boringly flat perhaps to your ears.

CONCLUSION:

P1040411.JPG

The Earstudio HE100 is a very impressive first attempt from an audio company that have a very precise vision about how music should sound, it's clearly targeted for audiophile and tuned by audiophile too.

While HE100 might not be the most exciting sounding iem in term of bass and attack, it choose instead a mature reference tuning that offer high level of clarity, sharp imaging and very well balanced delicate sound. Level of transparency is as much impressive as the cohesive articulation of flat lows, mids and highs, offering a neutral tuning rarely find in sub-100$ price range.

Sure, construction could be improved, and a HE100 with detachable cable would be very welcome, but nonetheless, I think Earstudio have do a good job to deliver a very capable earphones that hit above its price point in term of sound quality. Audiophiles that are tired of unbalanced, too bassy or too trebly sounding iem should give the HE100 a look, because for once high resolution mean something.
      kmmbd and radsone like this.
  2. p50kombi
    Certainly enough bang for your buck
    Written by p50kombi
    Published Sep 9, 2019
    Pros - sound quality at this price point is amazing
    super light and comfortable
    Cons - microphonic cable, easily solved by using clip or hooking cable them behind the ears
    Review Radsone HE100

First of let me start by saying I won these earbuds in the Radsone HE100 giveaway event here on Head-Fi, however the opinions in this short review are my solely my own and not influenced by Radsone or anyone else for that matter.

I’ve been a big fan of the Radsone ES100, it’s one of my first things to pack when I go on a trip and indeed always on my desk or in my pocket when I am out and about, so seeing Radsone diversify in the earbud territory made me naturally curious, if they could bring the same quality sound to earbuds.

I have two main sets of in-ears, being the Audio Technica ath-ls400is in ear monitors and a set of Klipsch x12i which I will be using for comparison.
    I also have a set of Audio Technica ath-msr7 over ear headphones.
    Suffice to say, I prefer a natural sound, I like to hear recordings the way the producer/artist meant it to be heard

I am a person who listens to a very varied array of music, form extreme heavy/black metal to classic rock to dance (on very rare occasions ) and so I gave these a real run for their money on very different types of music.
    I used my HTC U12+ phone as a music player using Hi-Res FLAC files and connected the HE100 earbuds both directly to the phone, and of course in combination with the ES100.

First impressions of the HE100 when you take them out of their modest and stylish box is just how well build they are, no cheap plasticky fell, the materials are premium and the cable is very nicely finished.
    For this review I solely used the provided tips, as I got a decent seal with them and wanted to test this product mainly as an average consumer would use them, so no fancy foam tips, just the supplied ones.
    And I have to say, I was very impressed on the first listen, and after a very decent burn in period, they have only gotten better.
    There is the issue of cable phonics, but let’s be fair, which pair of earbuds does not have this, and it can easily be reduced to a minimum by either going behind the ears or using a clip to clip the cable down.

The highs and mids are very clear, the soundstage is nice and wide and at no point do you feel the earbuds are compromised by using just a single driver or sound is going missing. This is especially evident listening to music from for instance Nine Inch Nails or Thom Yorke, artists like these, as they cram so many quirky sounds into their recordings, these all are clearly distinguishable and heard using the HE100 and at no stage does the sound get muddled.
    They produce a very natural sound, which I really like, as you can then fine-tune them to your own listening preference using an equaliser (like the excellent ES100 eq)
    The bass is solid, by no means will it shake your brain out of your nostrils, but it certainly doesn’t lack or gets muddled at any time. This is especially evident in songs like Depeche Mode’s Welcome to my world from their Delta Machine album, it just sounds awesome using these, the bass is solid, the mids and highs are crystal clear, so in all very impressed.
    It is clear Radsone have put an awful lot of work in the development of their Hi-Res single driver, it really packs a punch.

I’ve never underestimated the power of single driver units as I have been a Klipsch enthusiast and have owned a pair of Klipsch x10i, x11i and now x12i so I know that if tuned correctly, they impress.
    I think however what impressed me most though is the price point of these earbuds. For the quality and sound they produce, I would gladly pay more for these than the current price Radsone is charging.

In comparison to my Klipsch x12i, which were about 2.5 times as expensive, I would say they perform on par, maybe even slightly better. Although the Klipsch are lighter which makes them marginally more comfortable (if you can get used to the deep insertion of the Klipsch) I now prefer to take these HE100 with me instead of them.

The sound quality of my Audio Technica ath-ls400is is better than the HE100 but then they are driven by 4 drivers and use balanced cables. However, the sound quality of the HE100 is only marginally less than the way more expensive ls400is’s so I doubt the average user is really going to hear a difference.

However, for ease of use or if you’re going somewhere where you do not want to wear very prices in ear monitors, these HE100 are just perfect.

I’ve been blessed (or cursed, whichever way you see it) with extreme good hearing and a great love of music, a combination which makes me a very difficult customer to please.
    These Radsone HE100 have truly impressed me and I think they are a great addition to Radsone’s portfolio and will help them greatly to make a well-deserved name for themselves in the audio market.
    Especially at this price point, which will attract many starting audiophiles.
    If you’re a seasoned veteran though, I urge you to not dismiss these and give them a try, they won’t disappoint.

Only thing left for me to say is: Well done Radsone, keep up the good work.
  3. Tadeas
    EarStudio HE100 - audiophile sound under $100
    Written by Tadeas
    Published Sep 7, 2019
    Pros - * Price
    * Included microphone
    * Comfort, weight
    * Included tips quality
    * Effortless presentation of the sound
    * Details and clarity
    Cons - * Subdued mid/upper bass
    * The upper mids spike is too sharp for my taste (it creates the clarity though)
    * Cable microphonics
    This review builds on my first impressions I shared with you two weeks ago here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...lution-earphones.912108/page-16#post-15139416 .

I received the earphones as a part of the HEAD-FI giveaway that Radsone organized. While I received them for free, I am in no way bound to write a positive review, and, in fact, any review at all. Yet, I'm under the impression that the HE100 made quite a splash in the community. So I hope that sharing my experience will help someone in the future.

I own HE100 for over two weeks now, and I used it as my main daily driver during that time. I haven't noticed any burn-in during that time. There's obvious brain burn-in, though, because the HE100 tonality is quite different from my standard daily driver (IMR R1 with pink filters). More on that later.

Packaging
    Quite standard, not premium but not cheap (unlike some sporty Sennheisers for example). In the package, there are:
    • The earphones
    • Three sets of silicone tips (S, M, L). According to the card found in the box, there should be one more pair of foam tips. It was not there.
    • Shirt clip
    • A small cloth pouch, roughly 8x8 cm

Fit
    The HE100s are very small. And very light. Regardless of the tips I tried, it's the sort of headphones that disappear in the ears, and I'm left with the music. The provided tips are perfect. The surface is not perfectly smooth; there's a bit of friction, which helps to keep the earphones in place. In fact, HE100 is my first IEM where I'm not fighting the tips. For any other headphones, I prefer my custom silicone tips. Here, I don't care.

My first impressions were mostly based on listening to Mahler's first symphony: https://www.deezer.com/album/103082232. In the following weeks, I listened to more genres than classical, although classical might account for about 80%. I did all my listening with 320kbps mp3 from Deezer with very basic gear. Macbook Air headphone jack, iPhone through the Apple lightning connector, or FiiO E10k Olympus (the first version). I haven't noticed any significant difference between the sources, apart from what any other headphones show as well (e.g., hiss in the FiiO).

The sound is slightly tip-dependent. I get a good fit and seal using the stock M sized tips, but I prefer to use my custom tips anyway (from Custom Art). With the stock tips, the height extension is lacking a bit. With the custom tips, it's okay. When writing this review, I'm using the stock tips for better objectivity, however.

My first feeling about the sound was that it's pleasantly effortless. Whatever I threw at it, it sounds like it's no big deal. There's excellent clarity in low volumes. The Mahler's first symphony starts with a quiet passage when different instruments sort of "whisper" to each other. Particularly the brasses are supposed to sound like we hear them from a distance and I get precisely this feeling.

With more listening time, some peculiarities of the frequency response started to appear.

Heights:
    • Extended to the limit of my hearing with the custom tips, slightly rolled off with the stock tips (I was just tested a week ago and I'm good to 17.5kHz).
    • Good detail retrieval. More details than, for example, in Etymotic HF5 (single BA for $130).
    • Even with the stock tips, the extension is much better than with Massdrop Noble X (dual-BA for $250).
    • I can't hear any significant spikes in the heights.
    • The heights are not emphasized.

Mids:
    • I think the mids are the dominant frequency.
    • Decent details.
    • When I first listened to the HE100, my thoughts were that it could be the recording I was listening to at the moment, but the upper mids have the most emphasis (violins, oboe, flute).
    • After two weeks of extensive listening, this feeling was confirmed many times, very strongly. In fact, the upper mids spike is much more prominent with other genres, particularly with heavy metal.
    • The emphasis goes down pretty fast. Female vocals are quieter than snare drums or electric guitars.
    • The male vocals are even softer. While I wouldn't call the lower mids recessed, the super prominent upper mids overshadow them.
    • This description might suggest that the IEMs sound thin. They indeed do sound a bit thinner than Noble X or IMR R1, but fuller than the Etymotic HF5. I wouldn't call this a problem.

Bass:
    • For me, the bass is the weakest part of the frequency response.
    • Well extended. Better than, for example, Massdrop Noble X (dual-BA for $250). Double basses are well audible.
    • I'd consider the sub-bass almost adequate, but the mid and mainly upper bass is definitely subdued. That goes hand in hand with the quieter low mids. Most noticeable with violoncellos or bassoons.
    • Sounds natural and effortless, but I could certainly use more quantity. Tympani in an orchestra, for example, lack the impact we're used to from listening to live music.
    • Increasing volume to get better bass response renders the upper mids/lower highs a bit piercing.
    • Sub-bass sounds better than mid-bass.
    • Even with the (IMO) subdued bass, it's still much, much better than Etymotic HF5 (single BA for $130).
    • Mid bass or upper bass is probably better on the Noble X, thanks to the quantity. It sounds more natural on HE100, however.
    • To be fair, when listening to Dire Straits' Sultans of Swing, I find the bass quantity adequate.

Try listening to Dvorak's 9th symphony; everybody knows the fourth movement: .
    • This particular piece has several parts that could be called a "wall of sound", e.g., 8:45 and on. Fortissimo, from double basses and timpani all the way to brasses and violins. The HE100 doesn't give me the Earth-shattering feeling that a live performance would - and I've heard this symphony several times live. Sure, it's only an IEM, but the IMR R1, for example, is almost there.
    • In other parts, this symphony shows the strengths and weaknesses of the HE100 nicely.
    • The trumpets and trombones sound fabulous, particularly in the opening sequence.
    • The opening fanfares are interrupted by "hits" of the whole orchestra that leaves something to be desired in the bass.
    • Shortly after, there's a solo for clarinet (1:55). That sounds great again.

The frequency response is where the brain burn-in comes into play. The immediate impression after putting the HE100 in the ears and hitting play is that it sounds sort of cardboard-y. Like if you take a small loudspeaker and put it in a cardboard box. It changes the sound in a peculiar way. The first HE100 impression is very similar. But this feeling disappears after a few hours of listening as the brain adjusts to the new tonality.

Soundstage:
    • Pretty good. My primary earphones are IMR R1 (roughly $700) which is a whole different league, but the HE100's soundstage is good.
    • Much better than the Etymotic HF5 or Noble X.

Separation:
    • Pretty good. Again, no comparison to the IMR R1, but much better than the Etymotics, for example.
    • When listening to the Mahler, I have no problem in separating various instruments.

Cable
    The cable is very thin, and the lower part is wrapped in cloth (see the pictures). It has a bit of memory effect but fortunately only a bit. Unfortunately, there's quite a lot of microphonics. Wearing the cable over-ears fixes that, but then we can't use the mike as it's right below the right ear. I've used both significantly better cables (e.g., the Noble cable that came with the Noble X) and significantly worse cables (e.g., the abomination that comes with IMR R1). At this price point, I'd judge the HE100 cable as above average.

Microphone
    My job requires me to make a ton of calls, and I used the built-in mike often. My colleagues told me it sounds somewhat hollow, like if I'm in a large empty room, but they always insisted that the audio quality is good enough. I have the impression that I get fewer "sorry I haven't caught that" with Apple Earpods, however. In either case, the microphone is apparently not bad.

IMG_0846.jpeg IMG_0814.jpeg IMG_0810.jpeg IMG_0811.jpeg IMG_0807.jpeg
      radsone likes this.
  4. genclaymore
    Great Sounding IEM's
    Written by genclaymore
    Published Aug 31, 2019
    Pros - Over all sound good
    Comfortable
    Good isolation
    Very good bass
    Mic quality is great
    Clean/Clear
    Cons - detail's can be a tad too much depending on the song
    Cable not detectable
    Control's in a bad spot
    20190827_150845_HDR.jpg

I wanna get this out the way, I received this product for free, I wanna thank Ear studio for the chance to try out HE100, one of the first ear studio products I ever used.

On the rear of the box, you will see the inner workings of the HE100 and the specs at the bottom.
    20190827_150932_HDR.jpg 20190827_150922_HDR.jpg

When you open up the box, you will notice a small cardboard envelope with the manual on it detailing safety instructions and how to make sure the ear tips are on correctly, so the sound isn’t effected, which can happen if the tips are on wrong.
    20190827_151146_HDR.jpg

When you move that piece out the way, you will see the HE100’s inside a protective foam. The cable feels alright in my hands as it looks like it could last a long while assuming you take great care of your Iem’s. Control’s could be in a better spot, then being high up on the right’s side cable. Another thing is the cable isn’t removable, which might be a deal breaker for some people. The location of the controls is a slight annoyance for me, but not having a removable cable brothers me the most.

20190827_151219_HDR.jpg

Next you will see a small pouch which is also where the rest of the ear tips are located, inside an even smaller plastic bag inside the pouch. Which also includes the cable clip. The tips that are includes comes in small, medium and large size, by default medium are already on the HE100’s.
    20190827_151358_HDR.jpg 20190827_151605_HDR.jpg

It was fairly easy getting the tips off, just had to use a little bit of force to remove them. Putting them back on was just as easy. After putting on the smaller tips, I place the IEM’s in my ear and the HE100 felt very comfortable inside my ears. I was able to get a perfect fit and seal as they stayed in place and did not pop out, which was an issue with my prior IEM’s that I owned.
    20190827_151704_HDR.jpg

When I pair the HE100’s with my LG Stylo 4, it worked very well with it, does a good job at handling them. The button on the control pod that I mentioned earlier starts and stop media play back, Holding the button down toggles the google assistance, I also didn’t have any issues talking into the mic, giving it commands. Sadly there isn’t buttons to play the next or last song on the play list.

20190827_151431_HDR.jpg 20190827_165313_HDR.jpg

Sound isolation is very good, I only hear a hint of my computer 11 fans that are all blowing at 100% speed. Including my room a/c set to high fan settings. Which I wasn’t expecting it to do well in. As the last pair of Iem’s I had didn’t do this well.

The mic quality was very good, people didn’t have an issue with hearing me and my voice was clear, also during the call, the HE100’s call quality was great, no issues at all.

Source and Software

The source that I will be using in this review is my LG Stylo’s 4 Headphone jack, and for the software Onkyo’s HF player, with EQ turned off, also with my phone’s DTS Headphone X 3D disabled.

Songs

The songs are in native flac format and are 16bit/48khz.

Spatilize – Cat and mouse

The first thing I notice is the song doesn’t sound like it’s inside my head, which surprise me, really sounds like the audio is outside my head, it wasn’t 3D sounding, it just was outside my ears feeling. The separation is perfect, I can hear each instruments as they are spread apart from each other, I can hear the location of each one. Including the saxophone that came off as being in front of me, and the drums that was on both sides of it.

The details are there and it’s clean, I heard every part of the song without any issues at all. The high’s wasn’t bright at all or too detailed. Each bass note could be heard, it was accurate and it was also just as clean and detail as the rest of the song. Nothing was muddy, or overlapping, as it hit soft.

The Chemical Brothers – No Geography

Similar feeling with the sound image, Even the voice is projected outside my left ear and I could hear it in my upper left side. The bass has some impact in this song, it isn’t slamming or any thing but it’s there, was drums and even snares too.

Bass wasn’t muddy or bloated, it was great. The background pad sound was really nice. There was a hint of the trebles being a tiny bit too detailed, but it wasn’t bright. I was able to hear every thing clearly and it was clean.

Figure – 9MM

Now I pick this song due to it’s bass going deeper then the other songs, with a little more impact, still nothing is bloated or muddy. Details are really heard in the lows in this song, the same thing happening here with the audio all being clear and sounding really clean. I having no issues hearing each of the different bass and drum sounds.

The voice is in front of me, as if it coming from in front of me, not on stage, but as if the person is in front of me talking to me. With the What’s? Coming from both sides of my ear’s being right outside them.

I notice there are a bit too much details in the highs too, but like I said before it isn’t bright which is very good.

Steve Aoki Remix – GITS: Utai IV Reawakening

Right away the voice’s feel as the chore is directly in front of me, just not right up in my face. It isn’t on stage or any thing.

I can really hear the bass impact and all the different notes of bass, drums and snare’s the same way I could hear it in the other songs. The same details and cleanness is here as well. Now there is a tiny bit of brightness to this song as it being a bit more detailed then the other songs, coming off as being too detailed.The brightness could just be this song, as other's didn't have the issue.

Conclusion

I been using the HE100 since Tuesday, over the days the sound has improved, as I actually loving the HE100 more then I ever did the Nu force HEM 2’s which was the last IEM’s I had. Including being more comfortable in my ears, while being easy to put in and staying in. While I do love t he over all sound performance, the details are a tad too much. Now I sure it may improve with a better source then my LG stylo’s 4 headphone out, which does a good job of driving them. If the detailing was tone bad a hint, then every thing would be perfect.

It would also help if the control panel was further down on the cable, instead of being on the right side cable, close to your face. Including having more functions then just pause, stop and google assistance.

The cable it self is no longer straight and have slight curve to it, but that don’t really bother me that much, the one thing that does is no removable cabling.

Other then that I enjoying them so far.
      Broquen, radsone and backdrifter like this.
    1. Broquen
      Hi, I'm listening to them as they are, and these are really good. Seriousluy. Only change is the tips (when going out) for the RHA MA750i stock silicone ones (highly recommended , no highs smoothing as when tried spiral dots). He100 have very good definition, detail, sound balance... Only detail is that due to I like a sound signature without any edge, I'll EQ down a couple of db for ~4k when finally write my impressions.
      Broquen, Sep 3, 2019