Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
DefQon
DefQon
One reason why I left the ridiculous portable setup's ages ago.
reddragon
reddragon
wonder how it will do against my dx100
itsmejulieeye
itsmejulieeye
Well perhaps maybe friend if I were U = I would first off verify that U have a Genuine C4 Pro via their website use serial number as sound wise & quality wise here I've owned mine about a yr now & it's still in mint condition & sounds as great as ever.

BMW I would suggest never using the smaller headphone output as I found it was totally crappy TBH so I would advise people to use the bigger output & if needed use an adapter of suitable quality if using IEM'S or the small jackplug type of headphones as the bigger output jack certainly makes my C4 sound heavenly whereas the small output was really really poor in comparison IMHO.

1 other thing I did was to buy a screen protector for the C4 & always kept it in it's case when possible. Mines has had very heavy use & it's still like new.

As for sound quality or EQ settings = I found it never needed any EQ changes due to it's ability to give an honest & crystal clear sound from my uncompressed. Flacs that I mostly play on it. If U listen to mostly .Mp3's then I would maybe suggest this player isn't for U then, don't get me wrong as say 320kbp's Mp3's they sound Ok to me but this player is really for higher quality sources TBH. Anys is just some thoughts on your opinion on what's kind of a highly regarded high end player