Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger

4.31818/5,
  • Krudul Duo by Brainwavz, an earphone accessory made in two individual parts; Krudul Monitor and Krudul Vertical, used to store earphones in an inventive and creative way. Krudul Monitor, affixes behind any monitor, or vertical back surface area, allowing users to hang their earphones by their monitor or workstation whilst Krudul Vertical affixes onto any vertical surface. Designed specifically as an earphone management system, the Krudul Duo allows convenient storage of earphones right by your monitor, desk space or workstation depending on which Krudul unit is used. Made from all die-cast aluminum, the Krudul Duo attaches onto surfaces using a 3M VHBTM, a strong double-sided acrylic foam tape making the Krudul Duo a trusty and dependable earphone hanging solution. Features: Earphone hanger for vertical surfaces, back of monitors, screens etc Two separate earphone hanger solutions Made with die cast aluminum Specifications: Weight : 32g (Krudul Monitor), 33g (Krudul Vertical) Dimensions: 86mm (width) x 50mm (depth) x 9mm (thickness) (Krudul Monitor), 32mm (width) x 60mm (height) x 51mm (depth) (Krudul Vertical) Material: All-metal die-cast aluminum

Recent Reviews

1. thatBeatsguy
    Hang Up
    Written by thatBeatsguy
    Published Apr 30, 2017
    Pros - Solid construction and adhesive. Price (comparatively).
    Cons - DIY does the same job for a fraction of the price. Adhesive is permanent.
    [​IMG]

TL;DR: Though its price tag is a bit hard to justify, the Brainwavz Krudul Duo is a versatile earphone storage solution that you will want if you need one.

Before I begin I would like to thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing a review sample of the Brainwavz Krudul Duo. I am not directly affiliated with Brainwavz or any of its staff beyond my role as a reviewer, nor was I paid in any form to write this review. All opinions and photos in the review are explicitly my own unless otherwise specified. Finally, please take the following opinions expressed in the review with a grain of salt. Thanks!

On DB Headphones, we've talked about some accessories a few times. One time I talked about some earpads; another time I talked about a headphone hanger. This time we're going to take a look at something similar to the latter. Meet the Brainwavz Krudul Duo.

Now, from the first picture you're probably wondering "What unusual doohickey has Brainwavz brought to your desk now?" The Brainwavz Krudul Duo is an earphone hanger – much like a headphone hanger, but for earphones. It's not that different from the headphone hangers that Brainwavz also sells, such as the Hengja which I previously reviewed, so I'm sure this review will be no different. Let's get to it.

[​IMG]

First things first: what's with the 'Duo' in the name?

As you can see from the pictures above, yes, the Brainwavz Krudul Duo is actually a pair of earphone hangers, so that pretty much makes this a two-for-one deal. The Krudul Duo contains two variants, which are aptly named the Krudul Monitor (designed to be hooked up to a computer monitor) and the Krudul Vertical (for most other vertical surfaces).

Unusual nomenclature aside, the Brainwavz Krudul Duo, like the Hengja, is built very solidly, almost to the point where it goes overboard. Unlike. The Hengja, however, the hangers are each fashioned from what seems to be a single piece of aluminium, which contributes heavily to its durability. However, there is still the issue of the build being a bit too durable – although I see the point of it outlasting your earphone collection, I don't see why a similar design in plastic would not be an equally effective and cheaper option. (And then there is the option of binder clips, but I won't go into that today.)

[​IMG]

You said this was an "earphone hanger"; how does it work?

The Krudul Duo's business end is its solid aluminium arm and its C-shaped hook – basically, the bits that let the earphone hanger hang the actual earphones. What you're supposed to do is you take the earpieces and the connector together and hang them so that they rest on the hook of the Krudul, as demonstrated by the above picture. The cable is then allowed to simply dangle haphazardly. Design-wise it's not too bad, and I do like how the hook accommodates a lot of earphone sizes as far as my testing goes. However, the rather small width of the opening is a bit worrying when we deal with top of the line earphones such as CIEMs and whatnot – their housings are often quite large and their cables quite thick, so hanging them on the Krudul Duo may be a bit of a problem. Of course, I don't have any top of the line stuff, so I can't say that for certain, but there is still the possibility of such a problem happening.

[​IMG]

The other end of the Krudul Duo consists of the adhesive, which Brainwavz describes is a 3M VHB double-sided tape. I can safely say the adhesive works quite well and maintains its grip. Of course, only time will tell if this grip will loosen over time, but so far it does the job. My only concern is the fact that the Krudul Duo is adhesive-based and as such cannot be moved or readjusted after it has been placed like the Hengja. For most this would not be a problem, but for me it is a concern since I don't have any other place to stick the Krudul Vertical to – which will explain why you will not see any pictures of the Krudul Vertical in action (I just don't really have any place for it at this time). However, since the general design of both are the same, I assume the current photos will suffice.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Now let us ask the most important fifteen-dollar question:

"Is the Brainwavz Krudul Duo actually worth getting?"

As much as I'd like to, I cannot give a short answer. Whether or not the Krudul Duo is right for you will depend if you need a way to store your earphones on the open where they will be readily available at a moment's notice. The hook allows you to store the earphones in a variety of ways, and its adhesive-based nature allows you to hang your earphones at an elevation so they can hang safely and tidily away from your desk. The Krudul Duo also comes in two variants, so you can have two different ways to store your earphones, or you can store two different earphones at the same time. If you're like me and you want a way to keep your earphones tidy but on-hand, then the Krudul Duo is for you.
  2. DynamikeB
    Great quality and very creative way to store your earphones
    Written by DynamikeB
    Published Nov 6, 2016
    Pros - Solid, great looking, nice to have items to store iems
    Cons - Double sided tape may not be the best solution for all, but fine for me
    It's always a pleasure to test and enjoy the Brainwavz products for me.  This company offers so much quality for the asking price!

I sometimes get the opportunity to test and review products offered to me, and I am thankful to Pandora for once again giving me the opportunity to review a Brainwavz product, the Krudul duo.  This is my humble and honest opinion.

Both hangers come in a nice, clean and pro clear/plastic box from Brainwavz.  Nice and clear presentation, and easy to open.  My kind of package.

IMG_20161106_085029.jpg

The Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger offer a very good storage solution for smaller earphones (earbuds or in ear) that allows me to hang my earphones to the wall (or any vertical surface) with the Krudul Vertical,

IMG_20161106_085507.jpg

or to a monitor (computer or tv) with the Krudul Monitor.

IMG_20161106_085328.jpg

I found both hangers to be very useful to me as I own a lot of iems and as most of us crazy people around here, even though I have enough cases to store most of them, there are always a few lying around next to my computer or on my desk or table.  The Krudul duo offer a clean alternative to hang some of them (the ones I am currently using -Fidue A73 (on the pictures) and First Harmonic IEB6).  Nice touch and well thought.

Both hangers are very solid, made of die-cast aluminium and using a 3M VHB double sided tape to fix it to the desired surface.

Price is low for the quality built and offer. A nice creative way to store my stuff. Great job again, Brainwavz!
  3. chompchomps
    Brainwavz krudul Duo (A Photo Journey)
    Written by chompchomps
    Published Nov 6, 2016
    Pros - Built like a tank, all metal construction, relatively cheap price
    Cons - 3M VHB tape limits change of mounting position
    Before i begin, i would love to thank Pandora and Brainwavz for the chance to review this product. I am not in any way affiliated with Brainwavz and this is my honest opinion on the product.

IMG_0204.jpg           IMG_0212.jpg

Overview

Before this, there was the Hengja, the Hooka, the Truss. All those were of fantastic build quality and being all metal, built like a tank. The products mentioned above were all catered to the headphone lovers but this product is ideal for the lovers of Earphones, Earbuds and anything with wires. Similarly built entirely from metal, this product is meant to last a lifetime.

IMG_0207.jpg         IMG_0209.jpg       IMG_0211.jpg

The Krudul Duo consist of the Krudul Monitor and the Krudul Vertical which both serve the same purpose but are placed in different areas of your desk. Both are mounted by 3M VHB mounting tapes which is strong as hell!! Once they’re on, THEY DONT COME OFF!!

Basically the Krudul Monitor sticks behind your monitor and you can hang up your earphones by the side of your monitor after every listening session. In my opinion this is really convenient and a nice way to hang your earphones and declutter the table, but for me, it will kinda ruin a nice sleek monitor if you value clean lines and have a OCD for things to be symmetrical. But hey, you could get 2 and place one one each side!

IMG_0250.jpg       IMG_0251.jpg     IMG_0254.jpg

The Krudul Vertical is the typical hanger that mounts on the wall at the side of your desk, similar to the Hooka that i reviewed earlier. These do their job well and have the strength to hold up ANY earphones you throw at it.

IMG_0253.jpg            IMG_0252.jpg

The main problem to me is the inflexibility of the mounting option. For people who likes to modify the layout of their desk, add shelves to the walls at the side of their desk or just flexibility in general, These hangers may be very frustrating to remove. Upon clarifying with Brainwavz, the adhesive mounts can be removed via a heat gun or a hairdryer, slowly heating it up and removing it. They can also be repasted onto another surface but adhesiveness might be decreased. Otherwise they do a fantastic job at holding up your precious little buds up and can be even considered an overkill!

These can be had for 15USD over at http://www.brainwavzaudio.com and for 15USD these are pretty reasonable since you get 2 mounting options and the chance to declutter your table too!

4. shockdoc
    Earbud hangers for the Head-Fi-o-phile who has everything.
    Written by shockdoc
    Published Oct 18, 2016
    Pros - Super sturdy build, look rad, and keep IEM's handy and untangled for easy use. There are TWO of them! :)
    Cons - Can do similar with cheap low tech solution... that don't look anywhere near as cool.
    Brainwavz supplied me with these nifty little widgets in exchange for my honest opinion and review.

So, yeah, these are pretty nifty little IEM hangers that, since there are two of them, and each are slightly different as far as design and angle, should pretty much cover about any type of application needed for a sleek way to organize your gear. I got sick and tired of all my IEM's being sort of a tangled mess about 6 months ago and carefully coiled them up and put them in various cases and bags I've collected over the years when they were purchased. That still didn't solve the problem of what to do with my daily drivers. These cool little devices solved that dilemma with the only remaining problem being WHERE to attach them. After AGONIZING over it for weeks I finally settled on (believe it or not) the back support of my Brainwavz Quartz headphone stand for my fav buds and the back of my nightstand, within easy reach of my bed, for my everyday, non-critical listening, IEM's.

I know there have been many who have noted the adhesive on these is often TOO strong and find it difficult to remove the holder once attached. While the adhesive strip IS very strong I found it possible to remove the entire strip without too much muscle strain AND, actually, the adhesive was NOT strong enough for some porous surfaces. I actually removed the adhesive strip from one of them and replaced it with good old 3M double sided foam tape and found it worked quite well.

So these are pretty cool little devices and are doing their best to help me make my gear look like normal gear and not the stuff a hoarder brought in and dumped on his already messy desk.

Be sure to clean and dry surfaces well before attaching these puppies.

*I'll update in a few months on how the original adhesive is holding up compared to the 3M foam tape. (I'm actually considering drilling a couple of screw holes and mounting them even more permanently for a neo-industrial look! [​IMG] )

review1.jpg

5. Wokei
    Brainwavz Krudul - Awesome IEM Accessories for Storage
    Written by Wokei
    Published Oct 13, 2016
    Pros - Fantastic Built Quality and 2 for the price of ONE
    Cons - 3M adhesive might be too good ..lol
    ABOUT US
    Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of audio genres and styles at affordable prices. Brainwavz believes in the idea that sound is a deeply personal experience, and strives to provide users with earphones that match their personal inclinations, to inspire with intensity. The Brainwavz name is known in many countries across the globe, and the company is continually committed to providing the best products at the best value.

At Brainwavz we have a simple mission, to produce innovative, high quality audio products with a dedicated focus on high-end sound. Our strength, success and product range is built on the unique relationship with our customers. A relationship that has produced a simple and obvious result, we give real users real sound quality.

BRAINWAVZ brand is owned and manufactured by GPGS. - taken from Brainwavz company webpage http://www.brainwavzaudio.com

GET THEM HERE - Brainwavz Krudul Duo

Thank you very much to Brainwavz and Pandora for providing me with Brainwavz Krudul Duo for review.

Today we will be will looking at Brainwavz latest offering for IEM Storage Solution with their newest Krudul Duo -Earphone Management System which consist of two earphone hanger. Totally made of quality material from die-cast aluminium and no fuss installation via 3M strong double sided acrylic foam taping which in previous few reviews have stated that is the most delicate process of selecting the right location for attaching cause its pretty hard to tear off if you decided to change the location later.

Packaging

I have always been very impressed for the packaging effort by Brainwavz with regards to their meticulous design and accessories for their products, always simple and well designed and looks more expensive than their retail price.

Packaging1.jpg    Packaging3.jpg

Krudul-Monitor:

Krudul Monitor, affixes behind a monitor, or vertical back surface area, allowing users to hang their earphones by their workstation, keeping your space clean and tidy and your earphones safe and secure.
                                                KM1.jpg   KM2.jpg

KM3.jpg   KM4.jpg

KM5.jpg

Very practical for those with PC with monitor and as for me still looking how best to utilise this Krudul Monitor as I'm currently using a laptop and might not be so suitable with th die-cast aluminium sticking out but I can see the more plus with the intended usage . Pics from Brainwavz website ..lol

Krudul_Monitor_Photo_05_grande.jpg   Krudul_Monitor_Photo_08_grande.jpg

Krudul-Vertical:

Krudul Vertical, can be affixed to most vertical surfaces, allowing safe and secure earphone storage. Use the Krudul Vertical around the house or even in your car to store your earphones efficiently and conveniently.

KD1.jpg   Kd3.jpg

KD6.jpg    KD5.jpg

KD7.jpg   KD2.jpg

Krudul_Monitor_RenderOnWhite_01_grande.jpg

Installation instruction :

No Drilling or hammering - PLUS Points

warning-friendlywarninginfomercial-fail-drill-wall.gif    warning-nohammeringrequired.gif

1. Location ..location ..location - find a good spot to stick the Krudul Duo  - 3 steps process Search ...Think ....Decision
    1stSearchLocation.gif    2ndThinkHard.gif    3rdYesSecided.gif

1. Mark/Measure  the spot outline with pencil and make sure the its the right spot ....removal is not an option
                                                                                                     4th...measurenlocation.gif

1. Press the Krudul Duo in pencil drawn outline and applied some pressure and count 1 to 100 or more .......tell the wifey you are busy if one so wishes !

12-GoOn.gif   onetotwohanger.gif

Repeat the installation process again for Krudul Duo consist of two earphone hanger and just to avoid to do some meaningful work like mowing the lawn or take out the thrash - you can tell the wifey or GF that you are busy !

Conclusion

Excellent products.
    No more messy clutter on desk.
    Easy to install - see instructions above
    Value for money.

Thank you for reading and also Brainwavz have other excellent products for Headphone Storage solution . Check out my other Brainwavz Headphone Reviews here Brainwavz Hooka and Brainwavz Truss

1. B9Scrambler
  6. FUYU
    Stick it! - The Brainwavz Krudul Duo
    Written by FUYU
    Published Sep 26, 2016
    Pros - Price; Aesthetics; Stability
    Cons - Adhesive is overkill
    IMG_20160913_144135.jpg

About me:
    My name is Noel aka. FUYU, I'm 19 years old and an avid lover for everything technical.
    While everything subjective, I like to explain in more rational enclosure with graphs and technical prowess. I care about facts and facts only, meaning no fancy 300$ cables and value by price-to performance.

Preamble:

Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved Fostex T50rp. The HM5 earpads and their Hybrid-version were a godsent for anyone looking at cheap and good sounding earpads at that time. Now, most stuff in their lineup is more handy than an absolute necessity, like the various stands and hangers. Today we're looking at one of the few examples in their line-up: The Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger or just Krudul. 15$ well spend? Or does the hanger fall off its expectations?

Enter Brainwavz Krudul Duo

(This Unit was sent to for evaluation and reviewing. I'm not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way. Consider some inherent and subconcious bias in this review.)

Build and Accessories:

IMG_20160913_143453.jpg IMG_20160913_143519.jpg

The Krudul comes in a simple plastic box, with just the two hanger inside. No extras, no sticker, straight to the point. Unraveling the box reveals two (hence the Duo) hangers. Build out of solid aluminium both hanger can take quite a bit of impact. Finish and overall quality is well done, though I'd prefer a real logo over the Brainwavz branding. The Krudul is using a 3M VHB(tm) adhesive, which is covered with some red tape. As far as I know, all Brainwavz hangers are using this type of adhesive. Albeit it is definitely needed for bigger and heavier loads, I feel that it is quite mismatched and a little bit of an overkill.

IMG_20160913_143733.jpg IMG_20160913_143747.jpg
    IMG_20160913_143759.jpg IMG_20160913_143813.jpg

So does it work?:

In short, yes. Of course what do you expect. The space accommondating the IEMs is large enough for two per hanger and maybe a couple of cables extra. No matter the weight, the Krudul remains safe and sound on almost any surface. It even stands its ground balancing some heavier headphones for that matter. It is very useful for not only IEMs, but various accessories. The biggest issue I have encountered however was when trying to remove the hanger. The 3M adhesive is almost overwhelming in terms of strength, which cause some of my wall to crumble (no joke!). So please, put the Krudul on something not too sensitive, like desks or metal surfaces. Another little gripe is the fact that the adhesive gets worn off quite easily, thus losing grip over time rather fast. So if you want to vary the positioning of the Duo, please beware.

IMG_20160913_144750.jpg
    (Krudul Duo vs. German "Altbau"-Wall)

IMG_20160913_145021.jpg

Conclusion:

Bottomline, is the Krudul worth your well earned 15 Bucks? You could buy three pizzas with that money. In case you are not starving, yes! Seriously though, most won't really need such an accessory anyway. It's nice to have, works almost flawlessly and looks good on pictures. Beyond that, usage is rather questionable (duh!). For all impulse buyers, this is surely something you will need in your collection. For anyone else, why not?
  7. B9Scrambler
    Krudul Duo: Do the Duo
    Written by B9Scrambler
    Published Sep 23, 2016
    Pros - Build and material quality - Two hangers for the price of one!
    Cons - Only one mounting method
    Greetings Head-fi!

Today we are going to be taking a look at another new headphone storage and organization product from Brainwavz, the Krudul Duo, though this particular item is more like two products in one.

Brainwavz is best known for their high quality earphones at affordable prices. This year, they have taken a large step towards providing customers with a number of hangers that help solve the problem of where to store and display your favorite headphones. From the versatile Hengja to the compact Hooka and the dual hanger Truss, Brainwavz covered their bases for headphone hangers. Now earphones are getting some love with the Kudul Duo, two hangers that cater to the smaller more portable noise makers in your collection.

Disclaimer:

I want to thank Pandora and Brainwavz sending me this product in exchange for a fair and impartial review. The views expressed within this review are not representative of Brainwavz and I am not receiving any form of monetary compensation.

1.jpg       2.jpg       3.jpg

Packaging:

The Krudul Duo comes in a compact plastic package with the hangers on full display via a generous viewing window that takes up the front section of the package. The sides contain notification of the Hooka’s generous 24 month warranty and information on how to locate Brainwavz online through their site and various social media outlets. The rear of the package contains four images of the Krudul Duo bring used in a variety of situations. Opening the package from the top reveals the Krudul Duo nestled snugly in a separate plastic holder.

Like the packaging used on the Hooka, it is simple and free of excess waste. Brainwavz used just enough material to keep the Krudul Duo secure and safe from damage during transit, and the viewing window makes it very retail friendly.

4.jpg       5.jpg       6.jpg

The Krudul Duo:

The the Krudul Duo arrived I immediately took some pictures and set out about a detailed examination to see what Brainwavz was going for with their design. Like the Hooka before them, the Krudul Duo is a quality product. Each hanger is made of one very neatly crafted piece of aluminum free of any blemishes. The fit and finish is perfect.

The sole mounting option is pre-installed, double-sided 3M VBH tape. This stuff is strong, maybe too strong for this application, but at least you'll never have to worry about the hanger falling off whatever surface to decide to mount it to. If on the off-chance due to unstick and re-mount in various locations and the tape loses it adhesiveness, it's easily replaceable from just about any office supply store.

The section that protrudes to hold your earphone is the same on each hanger with only the base differing. The Krudul Vertical is best used when mounted to a wall or other vertical surface, hence the name. I decided to stick mine to the leg of my desk so I always have an earphone within easy reach. On this particular hanger sits my critical listening earphones.

The Krudul Monitor is intended to be stuck to your monitor, hence the name once again. Since my laptop is hardly a laptop due to the size, weight, and lack of a working battery, up into the top left corner the Krudul went. This works perfectly for me when watching Youtube, writing reviews, or surfing the web because when I need an earphone, I just reach up and there is a set good to go. When I'm done I don't have to unplug the earphone and store them, instead up they go on the hanger. It's excellent. On this particular hanger I like to leave a pair that is very comfortable with a no fuss insertion. Something I can put in and take off at a moments notice.

9.jpg       10.jpg       12.jpg

Suggestions for Improvement:

As with the Hooka, using double-sided adhesive as the sole mounting option isn't ideal, at least for the Vertical. It would have been nice to see the option to mount via screws. Adhesive is a perfectly fine solution for mounting the Monitor given where it is intended to reside.

7.jpg       8.jpg       11.jpg

Overall:

The Krudul Duo is a pretty nice product. Their build quality is outstanding, the design is understated and attractive, and the price is right. I love that Brainwavz chose to stick with an aluminum build since they could just as easily have gone with plastic and charged the same amount. These will never be challenged by a heavy earphone and have no issues holding headphones if that's what you want them to do. I always appreciate when a company over-engineers a product, which is exactly what Brainwavz did with the Krudul Duo.

Great job Brainwavz. I'm excited to see what you come up with next.

Thanks for reading!

- B9Scrambler
      HiFiChris likes this.
  8. Cinder
    Premium feel, practical build
    Written by Cinder
    Published Sep 19, 2016
    Pros - Made out of a nice metal, won't come loose any time soon
    Cons - Adhesive is too strong to remove by hand

-Introduction-​

Given the nature of the product I’m reviewing, I’ll be keeping this short and sweet. Brainwavz has brought us a pretty solid offering, and to my knowledge, is the first comprehensive IEM hangar we’ve seen here on Head-Fi.

Disclaimer: This review is based upon a sample unit provided to me by a manufacturer or distributor in exchange for my honest opinion and un-edited words. I do not profit in any way from the writing of the review. I would like to thank Pandora for sending me this review unit.

The Krudul Duo is not just one, but two different IEM hangars, thus the name Krudul Duo. While it’s hard to tell in the pictures, the Duo is actually made from a solid and cool-feeling matte metal. On the back of each you will find a really powerful adhesive, strong enough to ensure the Duo can survive a direct punch (though your knuckles might not fare as well). How do I know? Well, I tested it out. Don’t try it, it hurt.

​
    But why are there two hangars? Well, one is intended to be stuck to the back of your monitor, while the other is for being stuck to the wall. I’ve placed mine (stupidly) on my dorm’s painted wall, and thing I might tear off some paint when I try to remove it. Users beware.

EDIT: I've been told that the Duo can be removed from the wall safely by heating it up with a hair-dryer. This should keep the wall intact.

​
    So while the Duo does it’s job very well, looks good, and feels premium while doing it, it could definitely use a less powerful adhesive, or at least a release mechanism for when you want to move the Duo around. I for one am glad I got the change to use the duo, dorm paint fee and all.
  9. Namaskar
    Practical, quality accessory​ for a low price
    Written by Namaskar
    Published Sep 18, 2016
    Pros - Stylish, nice quality material, useful accessory
    Cons - none
    "A personal narrative of an unusual product".

You might wonder: "Really - a dedicated earphone hanger – would I have any serious need for one of those?!"

Yep, I thought the same when I first heard about the Krudol Duo - http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/brainwavz-krudul-duo . ​ "Who would spend money buying these?"

Now, keep in mind that I love to improvise & minimise costs -- i.e. all my full-size headphones hang on the wall using $3 hardware store soft-plastic door stoppers, screwed to the wall next to my desk - works well, easily accessible, soft on the headband. My go-to earphone next to the computer had the same door stopper setup ... but I've to admit it never felt right - they would slide off one side or the other - and the looks were less than pretty and certainly not stylish (to say the least). So when Pandora from Brainwavz offered me to review their new product for free I happily agreed.

You'll find lots of pictures of the Krudol Duo on Brainwavz website or on Head-Fi... posted by more skilled photographers - please see there. I'll include a few pictures of my actual use of the Krudol further down.

I own a variety of earphones, have bought and sold lots over the past 18 months, kept my favourites - they all live in their dedicated storage containers and/or boxes. Every pair is returned to their safe place once I've used them for a few days. All but two pairs - I keep one set next to the computer to plug in for a quick listen to web-based audio (as to not disturb the other family members in our living room). The IEM hangs on the door stopper or - more often than not - just sits somewhere on the desk. Of course we all know the phenomenon that when you put your earphones down, leave, and later return to your desk you'll find them miraculously 'well-knotted up' -- even though no-one touched them in the meantime. The same goes for my second pair of earphones - they live next to my bed for late-night listening and experience a similar phenomenon.

Not any longer!

IMG_4760.jpg

The Krudol Duo solved both my problems at once - I now have the angled hanger attached to my computer screen, the other hanger is securely glued to the wall next to my bed. Both hangers take care of my respective earphones - they look stylish, work well and save time &frustrations untangling cables.
    IMG_4758.jpg

It's a great product that I'm happily going to use from now onwards and can recommend to everyone wanting to add functionality to their audio setup.

IMG_4759.jpg

Thanks again to Brainwavz for the offer to review the Krudol Duo !
  10. HiFiChris
    The Krudul Duo - an overall pretty convenient Earphone Storage Solution
    Written by HiFiChris
    Published Sep 15, 2016
    Pros - low price, great build quality, nice design, also great for storing cables & adapters
    Cons - metal might scratch the IEMs, the adhesive tape might be a little overkill for the small hangers
    P1030490.jpg

Preamble:

You are most likely familiar with headphone stands and headphone hangers, however earphone hangers are something that you probably don’t know of, do you?
    After some removable and self-adhesive headphone hangers, Brainwavz Audio has introduced a new product that is solely dedicated for hanging up in-ears and earbuds when they are not in use. The name of that new product is “Krudul Duo” (http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/brainwavz-krudul-duo), and while I am not 100% certain why the first part of the name was chosen (it is likely that it should phonetically resemble “cradle”), “Duo” indicates that it consists of two parts, and so it is indeed. One part can be stuck anywhere whereas the other one is meant to be attached to the back of a computer monitor, so the hanger protrudes to one side where you can hang up your earphones.

Without further ado, let’s take a closer look at the product in this short review.

Disclaimer: Pandora reached out to me and asked whether I was interested in checking out the Krudul Duo or not. I agreed to write an honest and unbiased review, wherefore I received the product free of charge. As always, I am not affiliated with the manufacturer and do not receive any compensation except for the ability to keep the product itself for future reference.

Technical Specifications:

Width: 86 mm
       Depth: 50 mm
       3M VHB Tape

Delivery Content:

The plain plastic box solely contains the two earphone hangers and nothing more.

P1030425.jpg   P1030426.jpg
    P1030427.jpg   P1030428.jpg

Looks, Feels, Build Quality:

P1030432.jpg
    Both the vertical as well as the monitor hanger are fully made of metal. The hanger parts themselves share the same shape and dimensions and the two Krudul hangers only differ where the adhesive tape parts are.

The cut-out for the earphones and cables is rather small, but as the Krudul Duo is rather meant for consumer earphones than for exotic ones with thick and braided cables, I really cannot blame Brainwavz.
    Conveniently, there is another cut-out right behind the actual one for the in-ears, so it could be used to wrap the cable around it and to place the 3.5 mm plug inside it (if the cable is flexible enough and the plug not too large).

Build quality is flawless and the appearance of the two Krudul hangers is very valuable. Still, I am a little concerned about scratches on some in-ears as the hanger part is fully made of metal – probably a rubber coating would have been a good idea.

P1030429.jpg   P1030430.jpg
    P1030431.jpg   P1030432.jpg
    P1030433.jpg   P1030435.jpg
    P1030436.jpg   P1030437.jpg
    P1030438.jpg   P1030440.jpg

Installation:

Installation couldn’t be easier – just pull the protective film of the adhesive tape off and stick the monitor in-ear hanger to the back of a computer monitor and the vertical one to any surface.

P1030482.jpg   P1030484.jpg

The adhesive tape is very strong by the way and I am not sure if it was really necessary to use such a strong one, as the hangers and in-ears/earbuds won’t be as heavy to even stress lighter adhesive tape.

P1030485.jpg   P1030486.jpg
    P1030487.jpg   P1030495.jpg

Using the product:

Although I am very personally likely going to use the Krudul Duo for earbuds and especially cables, I selected four earphones that have different shapes and cable characteristics for my review.

P1030493.jpg   P1030494.jpg

Venture Electronics Monk Plus:
    I chose this earbud for the review because I will personally probably mainly use the Krudul Duo for earbuds.
    Hanging these earbuds is quite easy due to their flexible cables and the 3.5 mm plug also fits.

P1030488.jpg

Brainwavz M3:
    I chose this in-ear for the review as it has got a tendentially stiff cable and as also wanted to feature a Brainwavz in-ear with the Brainwavz Krudul Duo.
    The cable is a bit springy but it is still rather easy to hang this in-ear. However, the plug doesn’t fully fit as it is not the very smallest but average in size.

P1030489.jpg   P1030497.jpg

Fidue SIRIUS:
    I chose this in-ear for the review as it is quite heavy, has got a rather thick and also somewhat heavy cable and earpieces that are fully made of metal.
    This in-ear is easy to hang, but as the cable is thick, I wouldn’t wrap it around the Krudul Duo and the 2.5 mm connector doesn’t fit either, but that was to be expected. Also, a lot of care should be taken as the hangers are made of metal, too.

P1030490.jpg

Jays q-JAYS:
    I chose this in-ear for the review as it has got tiny earpieces that are also made of metal.
    The q-JAYS are probably a little too small for the Krudul Duo. They do fit, however they slip out could rather easily and are also made of metal that is however extremely sturdy and highly treated.
    Wrapping the cable around the Krudul Duo and placing the 3.5 mm connector in one of the cut-outs is really easy.

P1030491.jpg   P1030492.jpg
    P1030496.jpg

Résumé:

The Krudul Duo is a nice product and worth its price. It can be convenient for hanging in-ears, cables, adapters and earbuds. It is well made and appears valuable.
    However, if you are concerned about scratches on your in-ears, especially those that are made of metal, you need to be very careful (for this case, I wish the metal was rubberised).

Because of the potential risk of somewhat scratching in-ears over time, I would say 4.25 out of 5 stars are fair as besides that, the Krudul Duo is an extremely nice product.
      earfonia and B9Scrambler like this.
    1. crabdog
      It would be great if they made a wide version of the vertical that could hold multiple iems
      crabdog, Sep 15, 2016

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!